New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page Last Page

Chatroom message personalisation

Conferences ::  Garbage Pod ::  Messages in Chatroom message personalisation
Created on 28.2.2012 at 09:30 Views: 10605 Replies: 33
RE: Chatroom message personalisation
Posted Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 11:58 NEW

No matter how often I save my profile, it doesn't seem to let me choose anything other than standard font size and colour Sad

This makes me a sad panda.

Because one man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's Technicolor.

Blog: Strange Days
Twitter: @TheBozDog

www email
Posted Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 12:23 NEW

Boz wrote:

No matter how often I save my profile, it doesn't seem to let me choose anything other than standard font size and colour Sad

This makes me a sad panda.

Try changing the colour and size again and save it more than once.

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
Posted Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 15:16 NEW

I have no idea why I'm in the chat room twice, but one of us needs to go.

Any suggestions?

Because one man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's Technicolor.

Blog: Strange Days
Twitter: @TheBozDog

www email
Posted Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 18:32 NEW

Boz wrote:

I have no idea why I'm in the chat room twice, but one of us needs to go.

Any suggestions?

That reminds me!

A few blips since the colours arrived. We have realised that the people who cannot change their text colour and size are those whose names appear in the user list more than once. The other night it was Boz, Talkie and someone else.
A smaller blip... Occasionally lines of text appear twice. Not a massive problem, but strange since it only started happening after the personalisations.
Lastly, there used to be a message appear to let the room know when a user had left. This doesn't happen any more. It's easy to find yourself talking to someone who is no longer there.

There may have been something else I was supposed to report, but I forget what.

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
Posted Monday, March 12, 2012 at 14:29 NEW

Something i would like to see return to the board is the old pageing system. Only a handful of people would remember this one.. It would have been around in the extremely old days of the board. Say, 2001? That is indeed how long I have been here. But the page thing was awesome.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Don't be a lemon ; Be a rosebud!

Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 20:15 NEW

Read above

Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 20:20 NEW

I fear no one is listening to you, Hazza... or me, or anyone!

*cries*

www email
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 22:05 NEW

HarryJericho wrote:

Something i would like to see return to the board is the old pageing system. Only a handful of people would remember this one.. It would have been around in the extremely old days of the board. Say, 2001? That is indeed how long I have been here. But the page thing was awesome.

The instant PMs that would pop up on the screen? They existed on the forum until the change to the new format in 2009. They were also awful and very limited.

BLUEY

Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 22:07 NEW

Limited? Just imagine how much I could irritate talkie.mVery Happy

Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 22:09 NEW

Bluey wrote:

HarryJericho wrote:

The instant PMs that would pop up on the screen? They existed on the forum until the change to the new format in 2009. They were also awful and very limited.

But at least I knew when I received a page, unlike the PMs of this forum. I had some really fun conversations using the page function. Mostly when I was at college/uni and couldn't access the chatroom. I needed my daily Jen fix Smile

www email
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 15:22 NEW

Supercat wrote:

Bluey wrote:

HarryJericho wrote:

But at least I knew when I received a page, unlike the PMs of this forum.

I think there needs to be some kind of indicator when a PM has been received. Sometimes whole weeks have passed without me realising that there was a private message waiting for me. Nowadays I always make sure to check every so often.

BLUEY

Posted Friday, March 16, 2012 at 10:05 NEW

Bluey wrote:

Supercat wrote:

Bluey wrote:

HarryJericho wrote:

But at least I knew when I received a page, unlike the PMs of this forum.

I think there needs to be some kind of indicator when a PM has been received. Sometimes whole weeks have passed without me realising that there was a private message waiting for me. Nowadays I always make sure to check every so often.

I get emails when I get a PM. I don't know why you don't - could be that either the address you're registered with is out of date, or they're going to your spam folder?

However, if we can introduce a displayed number of unread messages at the top of the screen, that would be useful. I'll see if it's possible.

Seb
Grant Naylor Administrator

www.reddwarf.co.uk

Edited 16.3.2012 10:05
Posted Friday, March 16, 2012 at 13:09 NEW

Seb P wrote:

I get emails when I get a PM. I don't know why you don't - could be that either the address you're registered with is out of date, or they're going to your spam folder?

I do receive emails when I get a PM, but I don't open my email account all that often.

BLUEY

Posted Friday, March 16, 2012 at 14:38 NEW

My registered email isn't my main email address so I don't get them.

www email
New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 502 users online right now, and 0 users in chat.
Registered users online: Bluey, Simon