New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3   Next Page Last Page

On facebook 5 mins ago...

Conferences ::  Red Dwarf on TV ::  Messages in On facebook 5 mins ago...
Created on 10.4.2011 at 10:35 Views: 29016 Replies: 46
On facebook 5 mins ago...
Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 10:35 NEW

Danny John-Jules
"I'm sitting in the Red Dwarf convention and Doug Naylor is just about to make a statement about the new series......"

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
RE: On facebook 5 mins ago...
Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 10:58 NEW

Danny John-Jules
"NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Interesting...

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 11:33 NEW

New series confirmed and contract signed between GNP and Dave. The wait starts now...

Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 12:56 NEW

So the world's worst kept secret is finally out. I hope we get an update now on Friday.

BLUEY

Edited 10.4.2011 12:57
Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 13:18 NEW

The details bullet pointed that were announced can be found on the G&T site at www.ganymede.tv/forum/2011/04/series-x-is-official

Scuttercast- MP3 Version (a Red Dwarf podcast)

Enhanced version is just on iTunes...I think. I don't really sort that bit out...and can't be bothered to check.

Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 13:59 NEW

Okay....so it's now been moved to www.ganymede.tv/atspeed/2011/04/series-x-confirmed#comment

Scuttercast- MP3 Version (a Red Dwarf podcast)

Enhanced version is just on iTunes...I think. I don't really sort that bit out...and can't be bothered to check.

Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 14:32 NEW

no offence to myself, to me talkie toaster Smile, but i hope that the talkie toaster "could" be in it thing that was mentioned wont happen

Did someone say they wanted toast?

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Edited 10.4.2011 14:37
Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 14:37 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

no offence to myself, to me talkie toaster Smile, but i hope that the talkie toaster "could" be in it thing that was mentioned wont happen

it still feels like going backwards...

I don't mind the return of old characters if it's done right.

Sometimes it works brilliantly (such as Duane Dibbley in series 6), and sometimes it doesn't (the Dibbley family in series 8 ).

BLUEY

Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 14:45 NEW

the best stuff has been done with talkie in series 4, it would just be recycling gags for fans.

and with Rd characters i notice 3rd time is never a charm :/

anyway... would anyone like any toast? Smile

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Edited 10.4.2011 14:48
Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 14:52 NEW

I'll have a couple of slices. Brown bread with marmalade on.

BLUEY

Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 15:06 NEW

Yeah cook me some toast talkie, do it.

Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 15:33 NEW

Bluey wrote:

So the world's worst kept secret is finally out. I hope we get an update now on Friday.

I think it would be fun to not do an update, just because it would SERIOUSLY wind up a certain person. But the site's purpose is to announce things when they become official, and as this seems a bit more official and concrete I'm sure we can expect something on Friday, if not sooner (in Dwarf terms this is rather big news, or big confirmation, so...).

I'll avoid any excitement on this front though until the end product surfaces. We'll see what comes of it.

Disclaimer: the content of the attached post is strictly born from the opinion of the person posting it, and any fact stated should be clarified by the reader before taking it to be actual fact.

Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 16:52 NEW

Daniel wrote:

Bluey wrote:

I think it would be fun to not do an update, just because it would SERIOUSLY wind up a certain person.

Laughing

Daniel wrote:

I'll avoid any excitement on this front though until the end product surfaces. We'll see what comes of it.

Me too, but I'm sure they'll do their most bestist to do something great. I mean, in spite of what some people seem convinced of, I doubt anyone has ever set out to make a rubbish series of Red Dwarf.Smile I wish Doug and the crew all the very best of luck with it, anyway.Very Happy

Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 16:59 NEW

So that's three rounds of toast for Diet Coke then.

Talkie Toaster wrote:

the best stuff has been done with talkie in series 4, it would just be recycling gags for fans.

Maybe if Holly is still off-line they wire Talkie in to take over the role. Could you imagine that? All the food dispensers only supplying toast! Hee, hee.

(I'm joking, I hope they don't do that, by the way. Not beyond one episode anyway.)

Kryten: [SMUG MODE]I can't hang around here saving your necks all day, I think I'll make a start on that ironing.

Edited 10.4.2011 17:00
Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 17:01 NEW

Bluey wrote:

Sometimes it works brilliantly (such as Duane Dibbley in series 6),

I really thought that was dreadful! Shocked It was so contrived, and farcically illogical. Although, I still enjoyed the character being there.

Bluey wrote:

and sometimes it doesn't (the Dibbley family in series 8 ).

And I found that pretty funny, especially as it fitted in with the sillier feel of the series. And it still made more sense than the Cat physically transforming into Duane Dibley because his "cool" has been drained.

Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 17:13 NEW

M'Aiden Ty-One wrote:

So that's three rounds of toast for Diet Coke then.

Talkie Toaster wrote:

Maybe if Holly is still off-line they wire Talkie in to take over the role. Could you imagine that? All the food dispensers only supplying toast! Hee, hee.

(I'm joking, I hope they don't do that, by the way. Not beyond one episode anyway.)

Ooh, that's weird! Shocked I wrote a fanfic once where Red Dwarf encountered a world of androids, simulants and other artificial life forms that used a computer virus to "convert" Holly, Kryten, Rimmer and the skutters to a monastic life. Before Holly left, she wired up a replacement AI to the ship which obviously didn't kick in until she'd been transfered off the ship. The first thing it said when it booted up was, "Howdy doodly-doo!" In fact, it was the discovery that Talkie was now running the ship that prompted Lister and the Cat into deciding they would "rescue" the others from their spiritual lifestyle.

My favourite lines, upon discovering Holly in her new simulant body;

Cat "Wow lady, you got a nice butt! A bit big, but nice!"
Holly "Well, my last butt was four miles wide and scarlet, so this was bound to be an improvement!"

I never said it was a good piece of fan fiction.

Edited 10.4.2011 17:14
Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 17:17 NEW

Paul Taylor wrote:

Bluey wrote:

[quote="Bluey"]and sometimes it doesn't (the Dibbley family in series 8 ).

And I found that pretty funny, especially as it fitted in with the sillier feel of the series. And it still made more sense than the Cat physically transforming into Duane Dibley because his "cool" has been drained.

i felt it tired the character out, its like how can we take duane dibley to another level of funny... i know lets make all the characters duane dibleys and that will be funny as hell wont it?.. wont it?.. hello?

the whole duane dibley thing should of stopped with series 6

its like ace rimmer was good in s04, ok in s06, and not good in s07, in my appinion Smile

email
Posted Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 17:23 NEW

Paul Taylor wrote:

Me too, but I'm sure they'll do their most bestist to do something great. I mean, in spite of what some people seem convinced of, I doubt anyone has ever set out to make a rubbish series of Red Dwarf.Smile I wish Doug and the crew all the very best of luck with it, anyway.Very Happy

It's rare that anybody would do something with the intention of it being anything else, and all involved will almost undoubtedly do their very best to make it good, but sometimes it just doesn't work out (from the perspective of the person viewing at least). The ongoing debates/discussions/arguments/rants people have about series 7 and 8 and Back to Earth prove this very adeptly.

If nothing more, this should be interesting. One way or another.

Disclaimer: the content of the attached post is strictly born from the opinion of the person posting it, and any fact stated should be clarified by the reader before taking it to be actual fact.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 520 users online right now, and 1 user in chat.
Registered users online: The New And Improved Fandango