New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page Last Page

DJXVI Photos

Conferences ::  Fan Club ::  Messages in DJXVI Photos
Created on 9.4.2011 at 10:28 Views: 59274 Replies: 80
RE: DJXVI Photos
Posted Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 02:50 NEW

Aimi Brear wrote:

I'd love to find out who bought my Leopard Lager costume, haha!

I can't remember her name but I talked to her afterwards while leaving the main hall and she seemed to be wondering how to get it home on the train. Her daughter loved it and wanted to wear it straight away.

Oh, well done on winning by the way...I think I forgot to say that at the time.

Quote:

My mind ran away with reality a few years back and now on the phone trying to convince them to come home.

Posted Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 17:35 NEW

Daniel wrote:

girlfromthedwarf wrote:

Thanks for this! Was lovely to meet you. Lovely to meet everyone. I had an absolutely amazing time!

Did the trick of conning people out of drinks by acting like a bit of a weirdo work? Or is it Jezzmund exclusive after all?

Haha! Wish you could have been there! I know you really wanted to attend. I hope you can make it next year!! I did ask someone where the bar was the first night, and ended up making a friend that I have been in contact with since the convention. Jezzmund teased me a couple of times, once about my American accent. That was actually on the way to the bar the first night (when I asked where it was). I also made some friends through playing beer pong, that's what we call it stateside, couldn't get a clear answer on what it's called here.

Stephen Simpson wrote:

It was a great time as always Very Happy Sorry if I was quiet. I'm painfully shy and rarely have the stuff to just walk up and introduce myself Embarassed I did see you girlfromthedwarf (I think it was you who asked about the seat next to me on Sunday).

I tried making eye contact a couple of times. I am really shy at first, too. Next year we will chat! Next year!

Squeakie . wrote:

girlfromthedwarf wrote:

Thanks for this! Was lovely to meet you. Lovely to meet everyone. I had an absolutely amazing time!

you're the nice young lady from North Carolina, right? wish I remembered to get your name (slaps self) was so nice to meet you Smile

No worries at all, dearest. I didn't catch your husband's name. I just remember him saying, "Call me Bob" because nobody could pronounce it, but I was really curious as to what it was. I can't believe I never asked. You guys are truly a lovely couple and he said such sweet things about you when you weren't around. You can tell that man is MADLY in love with you. Very Happy

Andrew wrote:

Didn't take a single photo all weekend. If anyone has pics of/with me, do please link 'em.

Jo from the Fan Club would be glad of the same, too. Poor love was working her bosoms off.

I have a few of you, Mr. Ellard, but I brought the wrong connecty thing over and want be able to upload any until I am back in the States next week. Thanks for being my first friend at the convention! You're also in that vid I took of Mr. Charles on the decks. And thanks for dancing with me!

pab1986 wrote:

her names melissa paula. thank you all

Good looking out, mate.

Posted Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 20:41 NEW

I'm looking at the pictures now. Am I hallucinating, or was there a dude in blackface?

Posted Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 22:22 NEW

girlfromthedwarf wrote:

Haha! Wish you could have been there! I know you really wanted to attend. I hope you can make it next year!! I did ask someone where the bar was the first night, and ended up making a friend that I have been in contact with since the convention. Jezzmund teased me a couple of times, once about my American accent. That was actually on the way to the bar the first night (when I asked where it was). I also made some friends through playing beer pong, that's what we call it stateside, couldn't get a clear answer on what it's called here.

Aye, 'twas a shame to have not attended, but such is the way of things. Here's hoping I have income again by the next one (and that it's not scheduled on the weekend of the Masters again!). Still, sounds like a good time, and it's very useful to know that getting lost comes in handy! Considering I can still get lost at home sometimes despite having lived here for 18 years, it's a positive omen for future use.

What is "beer pong" by the way? Heard the term before but never been able to translate it into anything that makes sense. It's always made me think of drunken table tennis or something, which just seems a recipe for disaster.

Disclaimer: the content of the attached post is strictly born from the opinion of the person posting it, and any fact stated should be clarified by the reader before taking it to be actual fact.

Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 00:04 NEW

jmc2000 wrote:

I'm looking at the pictures now. Am I hallucinating, or was there a dude in blackface?

You're not hallucinating. He was 'Duane Dibbley' apparently.

Quote:

What is "beer pong" by the way? Heard the term before but never been able to translate it into anything that makes sense. It's always made me think of drunken table tennis or something, which just seems a recipe for disaster.

For some reason I have this image in my head of a table tennis net and opposing players flicking a beer can from elastic back and forth at each other.

But that's just silly.

Kryten: [SMUG MODE]I can't hang around here saving your necks all day, I think I'll make a start on that ironing.

Edited 14.4.2011 00:06
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 05:42 NEW

Daniel wrote:

Bwheeeeheee Laughing I mean...I'm a responsible Mother, I have no idea what that is.

The way I have "seen" it played (okay I did, but in my younger days) is at each end of a table are cups of beer set up in a triangle pattern (think billiards). You stand at one end and try to bounce a ping pong ball across the table and into your opponents cup. If you get it into the cups on their side of the table they have to chug the glass. Then they take a turn..blah blah blah until all cups are gone or somebody is too far gone to continue. The game goes quickly though, so the effects usually aren't felt until into further rounds of the game and then it all hits you at once. Not that I would know that either. Razz Laughing

Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 09:08 NEW

My other half played it and they were trying to get me to play too, but I decided against it. Not because I'm boring, but because after not drinking for almost a year (due to pregnancy) I was trying to limit how much alcohol I had so that I didn't end up in a state and completely ruining my saturday. I'd already had a few and thought if I had more then Id probably end up throwing up or something knowing me, just because I'm not used to it anymore so it wouldnt take much at all lol.

Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 09:24 NEW

Daniel wrote:

girlfromthedwarf wrote:

Aye, 'twas a shame to have not attended, but such is the way of things. Here's hoping I have income again by the next one (and that it's not scheduled on the weekend of the Masters again!). Still, sounds like a good time, and it's very useful to know that getting lost comes in handy! Considering I can still get lost at home sometimes despite having lived here for 18 years, it's a positive omen for future use.

I'm absolutely terrible for getting lost. Even in hotels. I could just about find my way around the hotel by the time I was nearly going home Laughing I get lost near my house on a daily basis. I go out walking with the pram and end up thinking 'Where the hell am I?' if I try to go a different way lol! so I have to stick to pretty much the same route every day. I have no sense of direction at all. Shocking.

It was jager pong they were playing. They used Jagermeister instead of beer.

Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 13:50 NEW

Daniel wrote:

Did the trick of conning people out of drinks by acting like a bit of a weirdo work? Or is it Jezzmund exclusive after all?

Still works fine for me Wink

girlfromthedwarf wrote:

Jezzmund teased me a couple of times, once about my American accent. That was actually on the way to the bar the first night (when I asked where it was).

In a nice way! (if there is such a thing) I'm not a complete smeghead!
-well, i am, but... er... Yeah... No offence was intended.

email
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 15:46 NEW

JEZZMUND wrote:

Daniel wrote:

Still works fine for me Wink

If I can make it to the next one then I'll have to track you down and study the art. And no, that does not mean I'll be buying you a drink Razz

EDIT: unless the study pays off, then I'll buy you one as thanks, but if it fails no drink for you! Twisted Evil

Disclaimer: the content of the attached post is strictly born from the opinion of the person posting it, and any fact stated should be clarified by the reader before taking it to be actual fact.

Edited 14.4.2011 15:47
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 16:57 NEW

nicky wrote:

It must have been a rough time the next morning for those that played.

Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 21:17 NEW

Great pics, looks like a good weekend. Very Happy

Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 23:37 NEW

Thanks for the photos - good to be able to prove I was there!

I used to work here, y'know...

Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 23:46 NEW

Andrew wrote:

It was a fair trade, after DJXV there was a picture of me and Craig on the news feed, before we set off this time I searched through the archive and printed it off and had him sign it for me.

It's worse than playing away at Leeds.

Posted Friday, April 15, 2011 at 01:08 NEW

girlfromthedwarf wrote:

I tried making eye contact a couple of times. I am really shy at first, too. Next year we will chat! Next year!

Definitely! Also if you want to win the quiz next year sit at my table Wink hehe

Looking at all these pictures is making me sad that its over Sad How many others are on facebook that I don't have there yet? Message me if you'd like to be friends lol

Here's a couple of vids of Craig in the motorised wheelchair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7--NoMMZoDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Yb14ymrRY

Please **SPONSOR ME** on the London to Brighton Bike Ride for British Heart Foundation! Very Happy

email
Edited 15.4.2011 01:10
Posted Friday, April 15, 2011 at 10:29 NEW

Stephen Simpson wrote:

girlfromthedwarf wrote:

Definitely! Also if you want to win the quiz next year sit at my table Wink hehe

Looking at all these pictures is making me sad that its over Sad How many others are on facebook that I don't have there yet? Message me if you'd like to be friends lol

Here's a couple of vids of Craig in the motorised wheelchair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7--NoMMZoDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Yb14ymrRY

I'll add you.

I'm sad its over too. I was watching my videos the other day from Danny and Craig's Q and A session and Doug's announcement. I wish I'd made a few more. I didn't hardly take pictures either. Neither of my cameras seem to work too well in that main room. I think I was too far back and the flash on my camera wasnt good enough. Other people have got some really good ones Smile

Posted Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 03:52 NEW

yeckel wrote:

nicky wrote:

It must have been a rough time the next morning for those that played.

I faired quite well really and have to say one of the best ways of getting free drinks, even though I'm not too keen on the taste.

Quote:

My mind ran away with reality a few years back and now on the phone trying to convince them to come home.

Posted Friday, April 29, 2011 at 01:23 NEW

backtoreality wrote:

For those not here, here are some photos I've been uploading to my Facebook album, it should be public for everyone to see...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100001905453121&aid=20269

Lots of fun Bobbie Llew is about to do his Skype Q & A

Great piccis, backtoreality! Cool I wish I'd been there. I hope to make it to the next Dimension Jump. Very Happy

Quote:

"Rude alert! Rude alert! An electrical fire has knocked out my voice-recognition unicycle! Many Wurlitzers are missing from my database! Abandon shop! This is not a daffodil! Repeat, this is not a daffodil!"

Posted Friday, April 29, 2011 at 07:42 NEW

Luci wrote:

Great piccis, backtoreality! Cool I wish I'd been there. I hope to make it to the next Dimension Jump. Very Happy

Cheers thanks, it was incredible well worth going too - Welcome to the forum btw Very Happy

Posted Friday, April 29, 2011 at 16:42 NEW

Andrew wrote:

Why? Are you trying to establish an alibi?

If you like the Clash, Dead Kennedys, and/or the Sex Pistols, click here for my band's music...

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 294 users online right now, and 1 user in chat.
Registered users online: Devotee, simulant1000, Hollo Marx