New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page Last Page

Official RDX air date discussion/speculation thread

Conferences ::  Red Dwarf on TV ::  Messages in Official RDX air date discussion/speculation thread
Created on 13.4.2012 at 23:12 Views: 21487 Replies: 33
Air Date Revealed?
Posted Friday, April 13, 2012 at 23:12 NEW

Seeing as the first series is now being shown in double bills on Friday nights, if we count forward from now, the final two episodes of series 8 will be broadcast on Friday 5th October. So if BTE is shown the following Friday (12th) then Series X begins on Friday 19th October. If BTE isn't being shown then it could begin on Friday 12th October.

email
Edited 13.4.2012 23:23
RE: Air Date Revealed?
Posted Friday, April 13, 2012 at 23:56 NEW

its possibly after all id imagine the new series will be shown on fridays

Did someone say they wanted toast?

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Posted Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 11:05 NEW

Good detective work. I think you might be right Very Happy

Posted Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 14:46 NEW

Is Friday the best day though to show it? I txtd my non-RD fan friends yesterday saying, Ooh you must watch RD as its being repeated on Fridays from tonight. Only one was actually going to be in. Many people are out and about on Fridays.

Also I hope they arent going to clash it with DJJ 2nd series of Death in Paradise, due to be shown Oct/Nov/Dec. (8 weeks)

Psycho rating has got to be four and a half chain saws at least

Posted Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 15:53 NEW

if i remember right the show was always broadcast on a friday when it was on bbc so dave may want to keep to that style, with a possible repeat sunday

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Edited 14.4.2012 15:54
Posted Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 17:42 NEW

That's annoying, I'm busy on Fridays and I have freeview not Sky plus so I can't record it. I'll probably be able to get a friend to record it for me or watch the repeats.

It's simple, we kill the batman.

Edited 14.4.2012 17:43
Posted Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 18:25 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

if i remember right the show was always broadcast on a friday when it was on bbc so dave may want to keep to that style, with a possible repeat sunday

As far as I'm aware, series 7 was the only series to be originally broadcast on Fridays.

BLUEY

Posted Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 18:56 NEW

really? am sure series 8 was and it was repeated sundays

email
Posted Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 19:01 NEW

I didn't think it was originally shown on a Friday. I seem to remember when I was young watching it and then talking about it at school the next day. I want to say Thursday, but may well be completely wrong.

Either way, it seems such a looong way away. It seems it will be September at the earliest from what I've read, is that correct?

Posted Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 19:35 NEW

If my memory servs me correctly , I do believe Red Dwarf was broadcast on a Monday.

Life doesn't have to be perfect - it just has to be lived.

Posted Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 21:56 NEW

Series VIII was shown on Thursday and repeated on Sunday

TORDFC Memberships Coordinator
carrie.tordfc@gmail.com

www email
Posted Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 22:09 NEW

Miss Flibble wrote:

Series VIII was shown on Thursday and repeated on Sunday

I was refering to the day the very first episode and the following eps from series 1 were on. Wink

Life doesn't have to be perfect - it just has to be lived.

Posted Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 07:56 NEW

Series I was on Monday nights.
Series II-III on Tuesdays.
Series IV-VI on Thursdays.
Series VII on Fridays.
Series VIII back to Thursdays.

Seb
Grant Naylor Administrator

www.reddwarf.co.uk

Posted Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 18:56 NEW

> I was refering to the day the very first episode and the following eps from series 1 were on.

I'm sure you were. I was replying to Talkie's discussion re: series VIII Smile

TORDFC Memberships Coordinator
carrie.tordfc@gmail.com

www email
Posted Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 13:14 NEW

Incidentally... when you say "Revealed", you really mean "Guessed", don't you?

I'm not saying it's a bad guess, but it's a pretty misleading thread title, no?

Seb
Grant Naylor Administrator

www.reddwarf.co.uk

Posted Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 19:03 NEW

Hence the question mark, as if to say "revealed?" as in, inadvertently, or to those with inquisitive minds!

If you feel the thread title is misleading, feel free to edit it. Smile

email
Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 at 05:56 NEW

Around here we always saw it either on Friday or the weekend. Sigh! those were the days. Sad

You are now entering weirdsville. You knew it was coming.

www email
Posted Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 18:49 NEW

I got into red dwarf at the same time as the famous repeat run from series 1-6 was on BBC2 in the mid 90s so for me at least, Red Dwarf at 9pm on a Friday night was a big part of my life, at least for 47 weeks or so that year :-p

I do hope it is aired on a Friday because that does seem to be quintessential Red Dwarf time, at least in my head.

As for guessing the airings based on the repeat run, good shout.
But then we have a lot of bank holidays and other stuff coming up this year, so Dave may speed up their showings or hold them back for
one of their original broadcasts, we can't be too sure yet I guess.

Posted Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 19:13 NEW

well series 2 is starting on fridays now so its very possible this the poster was right

email
Posted Friday, June 29, 2012 at 15:32 NEW

I don't think we can guess a date that exact. As surely DAVE will have a big Red Dwarf Day or something. I think around that date is a good guess. but i expect them to maybe do a fan's fav episodes day then show the first of the new series at 9pm that day.
Also Doctor Who will be back on around that time. so maybe Dave can take advantage of that in some way.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 513 users online right now, and 1 user in chat.
Registered users online: simulant1000, Mrs. Y.