New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1   Next Page Last Page

Craig Charles - New Presenter Of The Gadget Show

Conferences ::  Stars of Red Dwarf ::  Messages in Craig Charles - New Presenter Of The Gadget Show
Created on 17.2.2017 at 16:02 Views: 868 Replies: 17
Craig Charles - New Presenter Of The Gadget Show
Posted Friday, February 17, 2017 at 16:02 NEW

Craig will be replacing Jason on the Channel 5 programme which is re-re-launching later in the year.

email
RE: Craig Charles - New Presenter Of The Gadget Show
Posted Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 08:40 NEW

I occasionally watch the gadget show with son's.I think he will be a great additionVery Happy

Posted Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 11:47 NEW

Exciting times! Very Happy
Anyone know when the new series airs? I read somewhere early March.

email
Posted Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 16:28 NEW

I used to watch it quite a lot, a few years back. The presenters always came across as fun and jovial, so the show should fit Craig Charles well.

And certainly won't take up as much of his time as Corrie used to, if there's any more Red Dwarf after series XII.

Kryten: [SMUG MODE]I can't hang around here saving your necks all day, I think I'll make a start on that ironing.

Posted Monday, February 27, 2017 at 14:20 NEW

Haven't watched TGS is a while but this news has got me interested. Will be fun watching Craig presenting a show out his comfort zone* and bring some humour to it.

*I'm only assuming this as he doesn't seem like a "gadgets" guy.

Posted Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 21:58 NEW

Craig who?

"It was better when Ant was round here. His posts may have been disagreeable and provoking, but at least he stayed on topic, and in some mystifying way managed to keep everyone else in check...." - Billy (2017)

Posted Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 22:37 NEW

I've not watched The Gadget Show since its first few years, but I'll be developing a renewed interest in cutting edge tech now, haha.

The new series starts this Friday! (7pm, Channel 5)

email
Posted Monday, March 6, 2017 at 16:36 NEW

All I want to know is...

Is this a good idea knowing Craig's predilection for destroying props when on the Red Dwarf set ????

Could be an expensive show for them.

Oh, Spin my nipple nuts and send me to Alaska !!!

My blog - https://kry102001.wordpress.com/

Posted Monday, March 6, 2017 at 17:03 NEW

They must have a bloody good insurance plan for the show and him I must assume!

email
Posted Friday, March 10, 2017 at 15:07 NEW

Tonight's the night! Cool

email
Posted Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 16:59 NEW

Watched it, not keen on the new format, didn't seem as polished and professional as it used to be, a bit all over the place to be honest.

Thankfully Craig didn't destroy anything, well, only something on purpose with the blendtech, so, they probably did that to try and avoid him destroying other tech, I am amazed the nintendo switch survived his sweaty mitts.

I am curious as to where Jason has gone though, he was brilliant on that show.

Posted Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 18:17 NEW

kry10 wrote:

Watched it, not keen on the new format, didn't seem as polished and professional as it used to be, a bit all over the place to be honest.

I preferred the format of the old show too. It used to be like 2 or 3 mates chatting (the one presenting a specific item taking a lead) and a bit of banter.

The banter and friendliness is still there but it's all centred around Craig as a presenter interviewing the others (he even has a central desk, although he's not always behind it), and it just doesn't flow as well.

I guess it's partly because they appear to have created a specific presenter role for Craig, rather than presentation being shared with the tech journalists (is that the correct term?) on the show.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it and Mr Charles did a good job (as did the others). Hopefully they'll relax a bit more and things will work better when they get used to it. It would be nice if they relaxed the roles too, but I'm thinking Craig might not be comfortable or quite qualified to do some of the on-site review stuff too.

Kryten: [SMUG MODE]I can't hang around here saving your necks all day, I think I'll make a start on that ironing.

Posted Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 21:31 NEW

I personally thought it was a huge step backwards in presentation, I preferred the old style of all the presenters just talking about stuff as if they were mates comparing tech.

I though the bit where Craig was scribbling things down and saying "I need to write this sort of stuff down" was a big failed attempt at putting in some humour, I hate to say it but I don't think Craig Charles is right for the program, or at least not in the format they are scripting the presentation for him.

Life doesn't have to be perfect - it just has to be lived.

Edited 12.3.2017 21:34
Posted Monday, March 13, 2017 at 07:54 NEW

Possibly in the minority here but I think the new format worked really well and Craig's job of "presenter not tech head" is a great idea.

Like any show, when the format changes and there's new presenters it can take a little while to settle in so to speak. I reckon by episode 3/4 it will be a bit smoother.

Of course I could be totally wrong and Craig only does one series and it goes back to the old format Confused

Overall, I liked it. Bring on episode 2.

Posted Monday, March 13, 2017 at 10:40 NEW

I have watched Gadget Show since episode 1 series 1 all those years ago, alongside Red Dwarf it is the only show I have watched religiously, I have seen it go through numerous changes, presenter alterations, but, this just didn't seem as slick as it had become.

It had nothing to do with Craig, he is a good presenter, he was brilliant in Robot Wars, loved him in CyberZone (if you can remember that) and he is hilarious when doing voice over in Tikashi's Castle.

In my opinion it was just all over the shop with segments given some crazy name, like the wallop thing bit, which was totally pointless.

I will continue to watch it as I am a massive tech head and always enjoy seeing new tech being reviewed.

Posted Monday, March 13, 2017 at 11:56 NEW

kry10 wrote:

I have watched Gadget Show since episode 1 series 1 all those years ago, alongside Red Dwarf it is the only show I have watched religiously, I have seen it go through numerous changes, presenter alterations, but, this just didn't seem as slick as it had become.

It had nothing to do with Craig, he is a good presenter, he was brilliant in Robot Wars, loved him in CyberZone (if you can remember that) and he is hilarious when doing voice over in Tikashi's Castle.

In my opinion it was just all over the shop with segments given some crazy name, like the wallop thing bit, which was totally pointless.

I will continue to watch it as I am a massive tech head and always enjoy seeing new tech being reviewed.

Wait... kry10. That name means something.

I can't remember anything else

2005-2017
(Maybe See you for series XII)

Posted Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 10:31 NEW

Regenerated Soul of Ant wrote:

Wait... kry10. That name means something.

I can't remember anything else

Do the words 'raffle tickets' ring any bells?

holding statement - more lunacy will grace this field soon, but in the meantime

Here Be Twittery Nonsense

Posted Friday, March 17, 2017 at 18:35 NEW

An interesting article. Thank you for sharing. Razz

2005-2017
(Maybe See you for series XII)

Edited 17.3.2017 18:39
New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 1338 users online right now, and 1 user in chat.