New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page Last Page

Red Dwarf XI

Conferences ::  Red Dwarf on TV ::  Messages in Red Dwarf XI
Created on 1.10.2012 at 17:23 Views: 10134 Replies: 22
Red Dwarf XI
Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 17:23 NEW

Okay, I am massively jumping the gun here with RDX not aired, but it has to be asked, will there be a chance of a Red Dwarf XI??

I will jump in here and say, yes it is obvious that Dave will want to see the viewing rating before they would ever make such a commitment - lets put that to bed now (and tbh the figures are going to be there as they were for BTE) - what I mean is, has Doug, the cast, Andrew or anyone else even hinted at life beyond Series X?

Rich

RE: Red Dwarf XI
Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 17:30 NEW

Well if the ratings are good I think there would be a good chance of it, it sounds like Doug Naylor wants to.

Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 17:33 NEW

slainmonkey wrote:

Well if the ratings are good I think there would be a good chance of it, it sounds like Doug Naylor wants to.

Thanks for the reply.

I assumed Doug does, has anything been quoted and published?

Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 17:45 NEW

Rich H wrote:

slainmonkey wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I assumed Doug does, has anything been quoted and published?

In some interviews he hinted at it, also people who were in the audience said they if too much information leaks from people who were their, then DAVE likely wouldn't let them have live studio audiences again if there's another series......so his strongly hinted at it but never said anything that directly confirms it.

Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 18:14 NEW

If RDX goes down well then RDXI is definitely a possibility. However, with the final episode of RDX being called The Beginning (in contrast to the first episode The End) there are lots of people wondering whether it will be the final ever episode of Red Dwarf, but we'll just have to wait and see for that.

There's also the issue of scheduling. Will Coronation Street allow Craig Charles more time off to film another series? And his return to the street seemed uncertain this series, would Craig Charles take that risk again?

If Series X is successful then I would gladly welcome a new series, but I don't want a new series just for the sake of it.

Edited 1.10.2012 18:14
Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 18:18 NEW

Dan Pendo wrote:

If RDX goes down well then RDXI is definitely a possibility. However, with the final episode of RDX being called The Beginning (in contrast to the first episode The End) there are lots of people wondering whether it will be the final ever episode of Red Dwarf, but we'll just have to wait and see for that.

There's also the issue of scheduling. Will Coronation Street allow Craig Charles more time off to film another series? And his return to the street seemed uncertain this series, would Craig Charles take that risk again?

If Series X is successful then I would gladly welcome a new series, but I don't want a new series just for the sake of it.

I just hope its not another bloomin' cliffhanger ending!

"The mark of a true genius is the ability to hold two seemingly contradictory ideas in mind at once."

RIP Red Dwarf

Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 18:20 NEW

simulant37 wrote:

I agree with you here, I think Doug from here on out should avoid cliffhangers at the end of seasons. Don't leave us hanging anymore would be a wise choice given the show's past.

Edited 1.10.2012 18:22
Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 18:21 NEW

this was part of an interview from SFX magazine

Quote:

We know the last episode of this series is called “The Beginning” and fans are speculating that this could be a reference to the first ever episode “The End”. Do you see Series X as a rebirth or a swan song?

Chris Barrie: More of a rebirth.
Craig Charles: A rebirth, yeah. We’re all very comfortable in our skin, and it was very important that the legacy wasn’t affected by it. Cos it’s actually quite cool, Red Dwarf, and we didn’t want anything like that ‘Grumpy old men in space, you’ve really lost it now’. And I don’t think that comes across in this series. This one’s excellently written and the guys are on their game, so there’s no reason why we shouldn’t do more.

and elsewhere doug has said he would like to do more

Did someone say they wanted toast?

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Edited 1.10.2012 19:29
Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 18:23 NEW

slainmonkey wrote:

simulant37 wrote:

I agree with you here, I think Doug from here on out should avoid cliff hangers at the end of seasons

i think doug has learnt that each season from now on could be its last if Dave doesnt do another

or at least thats what he said in the starburst interview

Quote:

You never know, all sorts of things can happen. I always try and finish them tidily, because you never know, it might be the last show you do. If this is the final ever show we do then it’s a good way to go out, but equally I think there’ll be more.

so i don't think it will be a Major cliffhanger if not a cliffhanger at all

Doug naylor interview starburst

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Edited 1.10.2012 18:27
Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 19:12 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

Before I read it, are there any spoilers in this article?

BLUEY

Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 19:18 NEW

Bluey wrote:

Talkie Toaster wrote:

its a very long interview worth reading, questions about the movie, his favorite episode, anymore novels, why it took so long, the US version ect ect

it being from doug who lets face doesn't wanna give out major spoilers to the shows he wrote and directed

its up to you if you want to read =), there was no stand out spoilers i could see but you could always not read the questions about the new series Smile

email
Edited 1.10.2012 19:24
Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 19:21 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

Bluey wrote:

Talkie Toaster wrote:

its a very long interview worth reading, stuff about the movie, his favorite episode, anymore novels, why it took so long ect ect

it being from doug who lets face doesn't wanna give out major spoilers to the shows he wrote and directed

its up to you if you want to read =), there was no stand out spoilers i could see

Ok, I'll give it a read. But any spoilers and I'll be getting out the fourteen pound lump hammer.

BLUEY

Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 19:27 NEW

Talkie, you probably want to self-censor that interview. F bombs, even when coming from Craig Charles aren't supposed to be used in the forum.

On topic, I think I'll be torn as a fan as to whether I'll want anymore Red Dwarf after this series. If X really is a return to form and turns into a fantastic little series that, as Doug as hinted, has an ending that will serve just fine if its the last ever episode then I'm not sure if I will be rushing to have another series.

I'm one of the people who was happy with Futurama after "The Devil's hands" closed out the first four series. It was a subtle bittersweet end to a well written show and I didn't really need what followed on the shows resurrection (even though the first movie was good).

I'm a fan that really does want a proper "Fiji" ending to Red Dwarf but if I can't have that I don't want to go back to the place I was left in when VIII finished.

Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 19:29 NEW

bedfordfalls wrote:

Talkie, you probably want to self-censor that interview. F bombs, even when coming from Craig Charles aren't supposed to be used in the forum.

Fixed Smile

email
Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 22:02 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

bedfordfalls wrote:

Fixed Smile

Yea Talkie my poor virginal eyes had to read that! now I'm blind thanks a lot!
What do think your at G&T? Smile. The Spanish Inquisition will be at your house soon Smile
HOW about paying for my SeeingEye dog? Smile

Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 at 23:22 NEW

Pecospete666 wrote:

Talkie Toaster wrote:

bedfordfalls wrote:

Fixed Smile

Yea Talkie my poor virginal eyes had to read that! now I'm blind thanks a lot!
What do think your at G&T? Smile. The Spanish Inquisition will be at your house soon Smile
HOW about paying for my SeeingEye dog? Smile

ooo can i feed your seeeing eye dog a treat!!? Razz

Posted Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 00:38 NEW

He likes English Muffins!

Posted Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 00:59 NEW

Pecospete666 wrote:

He likes English Muffins!

mmm no .. those are mine! he can have .. these grapes :O

Posted Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 12:48 NEW

Thanks for the feedback all!

Posted Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 20:17 NEW

If this series has good ratings there will be a series 11, and with the hype surrounding it that is pretty much a guarantee Smile

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 444 users online right now, and 0 users in chat.
Registered users online: The New And Improved Fandango, Strat-tastic