New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1   Next Page Last Page

this

Conferences ::  Fan Club ::  Messages in this
Created on 12.7.2009 at 13:55 Views: 1831 Replies: 4
this
Posted Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 13:55 NEW

how long has this fan club been going?

Now it's time for some Bandit Cloud Fan service!

email
RE: this
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 21:03 NEW

The first DJ was in Northampton in 1992. But the club as a entity started around 1989, it wasn't really a club, as it is now, more a collection of Dwarfers who made fanzines called "What is it"

James

El Presidente, The Official Red Dwarf Fan Club

TORDFC

Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 21:11 NEW

El Presidente wrote:

The first DJ was in Northampton in 1992. But the club as a entity started around 1989, it wasn't really a club, as it is now, more a collection of Dwarfers who made fanzines called "What is it"

Nah - What Is It was a totally different fanzine run out of Norwich. Former club chairman 'Steev' Rogers was involved, which might explain the confusion - but it wasn't a Fan Club mag. The club launched with Better Than Life from the very start, and when it began it was with the agreement and support of Rob and Doug. So it was always 'the official club'.

I used to work here, y'know...

Edited 14.7.2009 21:12
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 21:20 NEW

Aha, see even I don't know. Steve was involved in the club, so I presumed the first magazines were club based. I'll add that to the archives.

James

El Presidente, The Official Red Dwarf Fan Club

TORDFC

Posted Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 00:18 NEW

This is what boredom is. Cloud.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 221 users online right now, and 0 users in chat.