New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3   Next Page Last Page

Who were YOU at DJXV?

Conferences ::  Fan Club ::  Messages in Who were YOU at DJXV?
Created on 21.10.2009 at 22:16 Views: 18678 Replies: 58
Who were YOU at DJXV?
Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 22:16 NEW

Since we don't really have a DJ photo thread, I'm starting one. Were you there? Who were you? Do you have pics to share?

The main thing is to show who you were for those who might not have put online name together with personal appearance, but also it's just nice to see the things that people managed to capture while you were looking the other way. (Also, if you snaps of me in off-stage moments, I never remember to get ANY pics like that from the con and would be glad to have 'em to prove I was there and having fun.)

In the meantime - here's the room as it looked to me as I nervously took to the stage.

And, since you didn't even remotely demand it, here's how I looked at my first DJ in 1993.

You may now commence laughter.

I used to work here, y'know...

RE: Who were YOU at DJXV?
Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 22:32 NEW

Andrew wrote:

Since we don't really have a DJ photo thread, I'm starting one. Were you there? Who were you? Do you have pics to share?

The main thing is to show who you were for those who might not have put online name together with personal appearance, but also it's just nice to see the things that people managed to capture while you were looking the other way. (Also, if you snaps of me in off-stage moments, I never remember to get ANY pics like that from the con and would be glad to have 'em to prove I was there and having fun.)

In the meantime - here's the room as it looked to me as I nervously took to the stage.

And, since you didn't even remotely demand it, here's how I looked at my first DJ in 1993.

You may now commence laughter.

OkLaughing

This would be handy as a lot of people will probably be going next year!

Well you didn't appear nervous so don't worry! Please join the autograph sesh next year! Smile

I have lots of pics of the speakers, yourself included for some reason in one you are waving and the picture shows this lol I will try to attach a link to this pic or upload it!
Gosh, don't you look young! Great outfit btw! lol Laughing
Ok someone please tell me how to upload pics on here I can't do this argh! And I am somewhat technically minded Sad
I have tried to attach a link to my photos on facebook but it keeps saying the file is too big Sad

Supply levels in the Red Zone. However, did discover tin of dog food which I casseroled for Mr Lister's supper...we ran out of space weevil! Wink

Edited 21.10.2009 22:43
Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 22:40 NEW

Kryten_Camille_4ever wrote:

Ok someone please tell me how to upload pics on here I can't do this argh! And I am somewhat technically minded Sad

The options for 'image' - if you have the address of the specific image - and 'link' are directly above the entry box when you post. The chain icon is for links - highlight a piece of text, click it, and past the link to make that text link to the page you want.

Remember, if you're posting an image you need the IMAGE'S address, not just the page it's on.

Edited 21.10.2009 22:41
Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 22:44 NEW

Andrew wrote:

The options for 'image' - if you have the address of the specific image - and 'link' are directly above the entry box when you post. The chain icon is for links - highlight a piece of text, click it, and past the link to make that text link to the page you want.

Remember, if you're posting an image you need the IMAGE'S address, not just the page it's on.

Right, thanks Andrew and second time lucky...

www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3912330&id=789163915&op=1&view=all&subj=148888693466&aid=-1&oid=148888693466&saved

Supply levels in the Red Zone. However, did discover tin of dog food which I casseroled for Mr Lister's supper...we ran out of space weevil! Wink

Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 22:51 NEW

Don't just post the entire text of the link and make THAT a link. Make a word or sentence - like this - a link instead (via the 'highlight and click the chain icon' hint above). Posted http things seem to cause the forum a little techy trouble.

Edited 21.10.2009 23:04
Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 22:58 NEW

Right sorry Andrew this should be the somewhat scary pic of me at DJ XV

and you at DJ XV...

I hope this works... Rolling Eyes Smile

Edited 21.10.2009 23:00
Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 23:03 NEW

Result!

Next!

Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 23:05 NEW

Andrew wrote:

Result!

Next!

Well it took a while but we got there in the end. If you ask nicely to the lovely peeps out there they may even have some video footage of your stage session, failing that you could 'you tube' yourself lol Smile I hope lots more people reply to this thread! Good night Smile

Just managed to get a bit of footage of you before I go to slumberland if you fancy a gander, you are around in the middle of the vid (its about 5 minutes long). Keep watching I believe the bit the person has filmed is you telling us about the script commissioning!

Edited 21.10.2009 23:14
Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 23:48 NEW

Well it took a while but we got there in the end. If you ask nicely to the lovely peeps out there they may even have some video footage of your stage session, failing that you could 'you tube' yourself lol Smile I hope lots more people reply to this thread! Good night Smile

Just managed to get a bit of footage of you before I go to slumberland if you fancy a gander, you are around in the middle of the vid (its about 5 minutes long). Keep watching I believe the bit the person has filmed is you telling us about the script commissioning!

Yeah, I'm not too interested in seeing footage of me! Like I said before, it's not the stage stuff so much as the more personal snaps. But it's not a "Pics of me" thread, either. T'wasn't the aim.

Forum users, if you were at DJ, let's see ya!

Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 00:37 NEW

Gosh...let see what I have.
Aimi in Room, Romeo and Juliette Team Table (Abit messy), From POV of the hall, Aimi and Pitbull, Mr Ellard on stage, Aimi, me, Mr Llew and Mr Barrie, Fancy Dress, My best picture of the dance floor, Late drinkers, Even more late drinkers, you know you may as well, just look though the album yourself really, but those are the main ones for what the thread is asking for.

Quote:

My mind ran away with reality a few years back and now on the phone trying to convince them to come home.

Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 00:44 NEW

Penny wrote:

Aimi in Room, Romeo and Juliette Team Table (Abit messy), From POV of the hall, Aimi and Pitbull, Mr Ellard on stage, Aimi, me, Mr Llew and Mr Barrie, Fancy Dress, My best picture of the dance floor, Late drinkers, Even more late drinkers, you know you may as well, just look though the album yourself really, but those are the main ones for what the thread is asking for.

Sadly, only Facebook members can see them!

Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 00:46 NEW

Courtesy of reddwarf.co.uk

It's worse than playing away at Leeds.

Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 01:05 NEW

Andrew wrote:

Penny wrote:

Sadly, only Facebook members can see them!

Oh poodles for you! Rolling Eyes ... give me a sec and I'll sort it out. Ok, so they say this should work for none facebook members too: My Dimension Jump albumVery Happy

Quote:

My mind ran away with reality a few years back and now on the phone trying to convince them to come home.

Edited 22.10.2009 01:07
Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 08:45 NEW

I was a guy from Canada at DJ XV, no photo, no need.

Here are my shots from the convention;

For bigger sizes or other Brum shots, hit up my Flickr page; Flow's Flickr

Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 15:13 NEW

That a urine sample craig's holding there? lmgdao!

cool pixRazzRazz

Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 15:17 NEW

Wow, Flow those photos are of exceptional quality, what sort of camera to you have can I ask?
Steph Smile

Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 16:19 NEW

I took over 100 pictures, but most of mine didnt come out that well as I was having a few issues with my camera. Flash has gone dodgy for some reason. Theyre not too bad though and the ones with me and the cast all came out well (well apart from having my face on them lol) which is the important thing. I'll have a go at attaching a couple later if I can figure out how to do it.

Posted Friday, October 23, 2009 at 17:11 NEW

I think everyone knows who I was...

Posted Friday, October 23, 2009 at 17:31 NEW

Great pics everyone !Smile although more pics of posters in their costumes are needed (i promise to post some embaressing one's of myself if im able to go nexed year)

It's good to finaly see that 'Andrew Rimmer' pic as wellSmile ... didn't need bribing after all... unlessJames decided to do so, mabeWink Alsn
enjoyed the pics (and write up) in last weeks news update too, even though it did make me even more jealous of of you allWink

Freeborn Blog: Harnessing the scientific method for Social & Environmental concern

Posted Friday, October 23, 2009 at 19:06 NEW

Queeg500 wrote:

I think everyone knows who I was...

I don't. Gonna bet not everyone else knows either!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 705 users online right now, and 1 user in chat.
Registered users online: Stephen Simpson, Simon, Harry, Seb P