New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3   Next Page Last Page

Tumblr page with Chris Barrie Pictures

Conferences ::  Stars of Red Dwarf ::  Messages in Tumblr page with Chris Barrie Pictures
Created on 30.12.2011 at 15:57 Views: 26434 Replies: 41
RE: Tumblr page with Chris Barrie Pictures
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 16:17 NEW

Cloud Strife wrote:

nicky wrote:

I used to love pogs, but they got banned at my school Evil or Very Mad

anyone who admits to loving pogs ends up in my fave five. congratulations! Anyone who doesn't like pogs or has never heard of them is in my bad books.

Crying or Very sadI could learn to love pogs!Crying or Very sad

Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 16:17 NEW

I think I still have a box of pogs somewhere actually.

Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 16:38 NEW

I remember collecting loads of Warner Bros once from crisp packets when I was at school!

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 16:41 NEW

Supercat wrote:

I remember collecting loads of Warner Bros once from crisp packets when I was at school!

I remember those, they were called Tazo's. I used to squeeze all the crisp packets in the shop to feel which ones had them in lol.

Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 16:47 NEW

nicky wrote:

Supercat wrote:

I remember those, they were called Tazo's. I used to squeeze all the crisp packets in the shop to feel which ones had them in lol.

Lol. They were great! Were they in monster munch... I seem to remember getting addicted to those.

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 16:53 NEW

nicky wrote:

I used to love pogs, but they got banned at my school Evil or Very Mad

Yeah they tried that at my school each time pogs came back into fashion, but each time they failed miserably. You can't stop a bunch of ten year olds from playing with their pogs, no matter how many you confiscate Wink

Supercat wrote:

Lol. They were great! Were they in monster munch... I seem to remember getting addicted to those.

Yes they were, among other things (practically all other crisps sold by whoever makes Monster Munch... is it Walkers?). I think that may hold a link to the reason I got addicted to Monster Munch too.

Disclaimer: the content of the attached post is strictly born from the opinion of the person posting it, and any fact stated should be clarified by the reader before taking it to be actual fact.

Edited 10.1.2012 16:54
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 17:30 NEW

How the smeg have I not heard of pogs before now?Shocked Clearly, the rest of the World has.

Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 17:53 NEW

I'd probably be ignorant of them if some hadn't been in a multi-pack of crisps I bought back in the 90s.

BLUEY

Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 18:24 NEW

I remember seeing pogs/tazos in crisps years ago, but with me being old, i had already left school and was working so I wasn't part of the craze of collecting and swapping them. Or whatever it was you done with them...

Cat: Hey man, I'm so hungry, I just have to eat!
Lister: Rimmers Dad's died.
Cat: I'd prefer chicken.

Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 20:08 NEW

Paul Taylor wrote:

How the smeg have I not heard of pogs before now?Shocked Clearly, the rest of the World has.

You might want to brush up on your Simpsons, too Wink

Seb
Grant Naylor Administrator

www.reddwarf.co.uk

Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 21:37 NEW

potatojunkie wrote:

I remember seeing pogs/tazos in crisps years ago, but with me being old, i had already left school and was working so I wasn't part of the craze of collecting and swapping them. Or whatever it was you done with them...

I think I was also too old.....But it didn't stop me collecting them all and sending away for the folder with the plastic sheets with pockets for them.

The Tazo's had those little slots in and I used to build towers of pogs.....I was in my 20's at the time!

Scuttercast- MP3 Version (a Red Dwarf podcast)

Enhanced version is just on iTunes...I think. I don't really sort that bit out...and can't be bothered to check.

Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 21:43 NEW

ori-STUDFARM wrote:

potatojunkie wrote:

I think I was also too old.....But it didn't stop me collecting them all and sending away for the folder with the plastic sheets with pockets for them.

OMG! I had forgotten about the folder!! Wow... I wonder where that ended up.

www email
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 14:19 NEW

I used to collect the Premier League ones and also like a series of cartoon zombie/guts type pogs too. I loved them! Razz

Please **SPONSOR ME** on the London to Brighton Bike Ride for British Heart Foundation! Very Happy

email
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 18:06 NEW

....but they weren't a patch (pun intended) on The Garbage Pail Kids cards from the mid 80's.

Enhanced version is just on iTunes...I think. I don't really sort that bit out...and can't be bothered to check.

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 18:36 NEW

ori-STUDFARM wrote:

....but they weren't a patch (pun intended) on The Garbage Pail Kids cards from the mid 80's.

Almost everyone in my school collected those, including me. We were all pretty much obsessed with them. There was even a terrible movie version.

One curious thing that went unexplained was the fact that each character appeared twice with two different names.

BLUEY

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 10:10 NEW

nicky wrote:

Send them to me..I want them...I WANT THEM!!!!

Now it's time for some Bandit Cloud Fan service!

email
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 15:50 NEW

Cloud Strife wrote:

nicky wrote:

Send them to me..I want them...I WANT THEM!!!!

If I can find them you can have them.

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 17:44 NEW

Bluey wrote:

One curious thing that went unexplained was the fact that each character appeared twice with two different names.

Yeah, I remember. There might have been more than two names....I'm not sure though. As for the movie.....awful! Give me Night Of The Comet any day of the week

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 19:56 NEW

ori-STUDFARM wrote:

Bluey wrote:

Yeah, I remember. There might have been more than two names....I'm not sure though. As for the movie.....awful! Give me Night Of The Comet any day of the week

I saw the movie in my friend's house. His idiotic stepfather neglected to rewind the video cassette, so we ended up watching only the last 30 minutes of the film. My friend insisted that there must be more, but his stepfather wouldn't accept that and refused to rewind the video to see. I wasn't complaining.

BLUEY

Posted Monday, January 16, 2012 at 00:20 NEW

There are no Garbage Pail Kids, just pictures of Chris Barrie.
Chris Barrie <3

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 652 users online right now, and 1 user in chat.
Registered users online: Bluey