New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1   Next Page Last Page

Hell on earth...

Conferences ::  Fan Club ::  Messages in Hell on earth...
Created on 1.11.2009 at 23:37 Views: 4195 Replies: 16
Hell on earth...
Posted Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 23:37 NEW

I do think (judging by the photos anyway...) That going to Dimension Jump could be a very painful experience!! Dressing up and throwing the same questions at half the cast every year seems a bit tedious... And for 100 quid! Get Norman Lovett there next year so everyone can ask him why he's such a pleb then I'd with-stand the pain of it all.... Until then...

Edited 1.11.2009 23:38
RE: Hell on earth...
Posted Monday, November 2, 2009 at 06:55 NEW

Bah Humbug!
The whole time at DJ is a fun time. A chance to meet fellow RD fans from around the world and a chance to meet the cast and crew etc. Nobody is forced to go it's a choice thing. Oh and fancy dress is optional and can be very funny.

I can't think straight. I've got a taranshula with an eye the size of a meatball setting up home in my joy department!!!

Posted Monday, November 2, 2009 at 08:27 NEW

Flibble wrote:

Bah Humbug!
Oh and fancy dress is optional and can be very funny.

Especialy if you throw cans of spam at people dressed up!Confused

email
Posted Monday, November 2, 2009 at 15:53 NEW

Patrick Gregory wrote:

Flibble wrote:

Bah Humbug!
Oh and fancy dress is optional and can be very funny.

Indeed, especially if you have a room full of Rimmer 'Quarantine' and flibbles! Its a very common costume apparently!

Especialy if you throw cans of spam at people dressed up!Confused

Well thanks Patrick, if I see you there I will be sure to throw spam at you too, are you coming dressed in a lego starbug Wink lol Only kidding. Very Happy

Supply levels in the Red Zone. However, did discover tin of dog food which I casseroled for Mr Lister's supper...we ran out of space weevil! Wink

Posted Monday, November 2, 2009 at 15:58 NEW

ANTIeverything wrote:

I do think (judging by the photos anyway...) That going to Dimension Jump could be a very painful experience!! Dressing up and throwing the same questions at half the cast every year seems a bit tedious... And for 100 quid! Get Norman Lovett there next year so everyone can ask him why he's such a pleb then I'd with-stand the pain of it all.... Until then...

Personally I think a great disservice and insult is being thrown at the DJ and the hardworking fan club team who organise it for calling it a very painful experience. It appears from your message that you have never been to one so how you can make this assumption ney judgement about something you have only seen in photos is beyond me really. I only ended up at this year's DJ for half of it (long story) but this was nothing to do with the DJ itself and I am gutted I missed the bits I did.

It is a great weekend for RD fans to share the experiences and knowledge and general enjoyment of the show (as said by Flibble). If you really love the cast then the Q&A sessions are not a tedious bore as you insinuate, they are a good giggle and the questions are usually quite funny, if not a bit bizarre sometimes too!

I think throwing around insults to cast members is also a no-go.Rolling Eyes Do you not think that Norman might actually read this and be quite insulted by that?

Supply levels in the Red Zone. However, did discover tin of dog food which I casseroled for Mr Lister's supper...we ran out of space weevil! Wink

Edited 2.11.2009 15:59
Posted Monday, November 2, 2009 at 15:58 NEW

Oh dear, is this Jonny? And you said you'd never come back!

But now you have, can't you change the same old silly posts?

James

El Presidente, The Official Red Dwarf Fan Club

TORDFC

Posted Monday, November 2, 2009 at 16:00 NEW

El Presidente wrote:

Oh dear, is this Jonny? And you said you'd never come back!

But now you have, can't you change the same old silly posts?

Alas, James do you know this poster? Shocked

Posted Monday, November 2, 2009 at 16:08 NEW

He just reminds me of a certain poster, before this forum was set in place. Same type of posts. Will deny, but always did in the past, under a allot of different names, always got found out. Not spam, more sad bacon.

James

TORDFC

Posted Monday, November 2, 2009 at 16:15 NEW

El Presidente wrote:

He just reminds me of a certain poster, before this forum was set in place. Same type of posts. Will deny, but always did in the past, under a allot of different names, always got found out. Not spam, more sad bacon.

Sad bacon, that makes me laugh. Oh well. The more negative the posts the more people will fight back and defend the insulted party/people Smile.

Also can I ask James, what is the closing date for submitting ideas for next year's DJ Logo? Thanks Smile

Posted Monday, November 2, 2009 at 16:29 NEW

Krytie TV:Gold wrote:

El Presidente wrote:

Sad bacon, that makes me laugh. Oh well. The more negative the posts the more people will fight back and defend the insulted party/people Smile.

Also can I ask James, what is the closing date for submitting ideas for next year's DJ Logo? Thanks Smile

We'll be setting up the competition proper this week, with all the relevant information available Smile

It will be an online form to make it easy to submit your entry. It's quite exciting! Razz

James

TORDFC

Posted Monday, November 2, 2009 at 16:37 NEW

Thanks James, I very excited too! I have lots of ideas I just need the artistic talent to do it!

Posted Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 11:00 NEW

El Presidente wrote:

that's pretty poor attitude! Seems anyone who disagrees with those who slag off series 7 or 8, new cgi red dwarf or doug naylors dramatic writing or dare question andrew and baby dwarf site G+T is labelled as spam or sad bacon! Odd that. Here was me thinking it was a web board where you can post opinions?? Or is it a case that the majority of you assume you're right so therefore I am wrong or attacking Andrew personally???? I've not broken any chat rules, I just find some of the stuff he says slightly patronising that's all... But hey ho I wouldn't want to 'sad bacon' this thread...

Posted Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 23:34 NEW

ANTIeverything wrote:

Seems anyone who disagrees with those who slag off series 7 or 8, new cgi red dwarf or doug naylors dramatic writing or dare question andrew and baby dwarf site G+T is labelled as spam or sad bacon!

That's a major exaggeration isn't it? Plenty of people on here dislike series 7 and 8, and we haven't abused them.

Having a negative opinion towards something is fine. It can make for an interesting discussion in fact. It's more the way it's expressed where the problem lies. The same goes for questioning people. Not so much the question but the way it is put, particularly if it is accusatory. Tone is everything.

As far as the potential new series is concerned, of course we'd all love some more news, but the bits and pieces we have got are particularly exciting! And when things become more official, do you really think we won't get news here?

Kryten: [SMUG MODE]I can't hang around here saving your necks all day, I think I'll make a start on that ironing.

Posted Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 07:12 NEW

M'Aiden Ty-One wrote:

ANTIeverything wrote:

Seems anyone who disagrees with those who slag off series 7 or 8, new cgi red dwarf or doug naylors dramatic writing or dare question andrew and baby dwarf site G+T is labelled as spam or sad bacon!

That's a major exaggeration isn't it? Plenty of people on here dislike series 7 and 8, and we haven't abused them.

Having a negative opinion towards something is fine. It can make for an interesting discussion in fact. It's more the way it's expressed where the problem lies. The same goes for questioning people. Not so much the question but the way it is put, particularly if it is accusatory. Tone is everything.

As far as the potential new series is concerned, of course we'd all love some more news, but the bits and pieces we have got are particularly exciting! And when things become more official, do you really think we won't get news here?

He said those that disagree with those that slag off those series, as in those who do like it...

If you get your lines right Rob there's a bag of chips in it for ya!

Posted Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 18:17 NEW

Oops my apologies misreading. I think the majority of that post after that first line is still relevant though.

Kryten: [SMUG MODE]I can't hang around here saving your necks all day, I think I'll make a start on that ironing.

Posted Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 20:02 NEW

M'Aiden Ty-One wrote:

Oops my apologies misreading. I think the majority of that post after that first line is still relevant though.

It's just a verrry bad attitude from someone's behalf!!!

Posted Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 19:17 NEW

ANTIeverything wrote:

that's pretty poor attitude! Seems anyone who disagrees with those who slag off series 7 or 8, new cgi red dwarf or doug naylors dramatic writing or dare question andrew and baby dwarf site G+T is labelled as spam or sad bacon! Odd that. Here was me thinking it was a web board where you can post opinions?? Or is it a case that the majority of you assume you're right so therefore I am wrong or attacking Andrew personally???? I've not broken any chat rules, I just find some of the stuff he says slightly patronising that's all... But hey ho I wouldn't want to 'sad bacon' this thread...

Oh good it's you. Updated your blog lately?

www email
Edited 5.11.2009 19:19
New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: 1   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 255 users online right now, and 0 users in chat.
Registered users online: simulant1000, Bluey, Freeborn Leveller - aka The Veggie Vamp