New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425  ...   Next Page Last Page

Currently...

Conferences ::  Garbage Pod ::  Messages in Currently...
Created on 3.3.2009 at 00:51 Views: 12425347 Replies: 34461
RE: Currently...
Posted Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 05:19 NEW

Currently just got home and feeling a little sleepy.

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
Posted Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 08:17 NEW

Paul Taylor wrote:

Currently watching Spirited Away.

Good choice!

My children are watching the latest Muppets film. I am plugging away at homework. I'm happy that I have my favorite college professor for this course. She is wonderful! Smile

Welcome aboard!

Edited 7.4.2012 08:18
Posted Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 12:03 NEW

Supercat wrote:

Freeborn Leveller - aka The Veggie Vamp wrote:

Today I shall mostly be reading, cooking, eating, writing, working on a new song, playing guitar, watching a few more documentaries and generally Surfing the world wide web.[/IMG]

... and attending tonight's super cool chat night!

Haha, loving the fluttering eyes smilie Smile

I wasn't able to make it this time unfortunately, but will try to get there next time.

Bluey wrote:

I didn't realise you'd made the Cheshire Cat yourself, Paul. I thought you'd taken it from somewhere. It's very impressive.

Same here...'tis rather impressive indeed.

Currently getting ready to go to work, and am hoping the rain doesn't start up again.

Aka The Veggie Vamp
Living in the moment
Living my life
Easy and breezy
With peace in my mind

Posted Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 15:40 NEW

Wide awake and glad that Mr. Y. just came home (2:30am here). Our Easter plans may be canceled. The police officer left about an hour ago. I slept in the living room with all of the children last night (our slumber party). I awoke to a scream unlike any other coming out of my oldest child. Somebody was inside our fenced yard looking in our window. Normally, I would write this off as a nightmare. However, I saw the shadow leaving. I told Mr. Y. a couple of weeks ago that I thought I caught somebody scouting our house.

I had the pup put away tonight so he wouldn't step on the sleeping children. He's going to be romaing the house from now on.

Welcome aboard!

Posted Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 16:26 NEW

yeckel wrote:

Wide awake and glad that Mr. Y. just came home (2:30am here). Our Easter plans may be canceled. The police officer left about an hour ago. I slept in the living room with all of the children last night (our slumber party). I awoke to a scream unlike any other coming out of my oldest child. Somebody was inside our fenced yard looking in our window. Normally, I would write this off as a nightmare. However, I saw the shadow leaving. I told Mr. Y. a couple of weeks ago that I thought I caught somebody scouting our house.

I had the pup put away tonight so he wouldn't step on the sleeping children. He's going to be romaing the house from now on.

This is horrible! It must make you feel very vulnerable. In all likelihood, it's someone mucking about, but it's good to have the dog there for protection. Have there been any breakins or other problems with intruders in your neighbourhood?

Posted Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 16:44 NEW

Currently reading the Easter Egg Hunt article.

BLUEY

Posted Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 21:17 NEW

Oh Yeckel that sounds terrible! I hope you are all ok and still not too shaken.

It's good that you have your dog to keep an ear out for something as well, it always makes me feel a little safer having a pooch roaming about.

* Hugs *

Like a crazy old cat lady... who isn't old, and who doesn't have any cats

Posted Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 22:57 NEW

Paul Taylor wrote:

This is horrible! It must make you feel very vulnerable. In all likelihood, it's someone mucking about, but it's good to have the dog there for protection. Have there been any breakins or other problems with intruders in your neighbourhood?

It is an awful feeling. It was frightening to even walk across the house to get the dog. No reports of break ins, however we do have a few interesting characters that come out of the woods on the other side of our house. There is a shortcut and trail that runs from the highway to our housing area. Our dog does an excellent job of making noise when people come near the house when he isn't in his doggy room.

jmc2000 wrote:

That must have been terrifying Yeckel Sad Could your daughter give a description?

She was able to give a general description however she saw the person in the window with a curtain partially open (he came in our fence!). Mr. Y. came up with a plan for getting the windows covered completely (we can't use blinds with child care) and to add a few more security features to the house. We are going to notify a few more neighbors too. I am pretty intent on figuring out a way to catch this smeg head (ohh I have different words to use...) if he tries it again.

The idea of surrounding the house with bear traps crossed my mind, however that is probably a safety no-no for our friends and family members that pop over. Motion sensor lights and hard to reach security cameras are probably the better way to go with this. Very Happy

little_fishy_ wrote:

Oh Yeckel that sounds terrible! I hope you are all ok and still not too shaken.

It's good that you have your dog to keep an ear out for something as well, it always makes me feel a little safer having a pooch roaming about.

* Hugs *

Thanks for the e-hug, it is needed. Smile

Bluey wrote:

I read that yesterday. It seems I really need to watch Citizen Kane, the complete version.

Welcome aboard!

Edited 7.4.2012 22:59
Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 00:26 NEW

yeckel wrote:

Bluey wrote:

I read that yesterday. It seems I really need to watch Citizen Kane, the complete version.

I half-watched Citizen Kane many years ago after reading that many consider it the greatest film ever made, but it didn't hold my interest. I watched it before I saw Me2, so when I saw that episode I knew straight away that Rimmer's death scene was a homage to it.

BLUEY

Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 02:34 NEW

not getting up this morning

This Weeks Harry Fact : Harry enjoys the smell of rain
New fact every week!

Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 12:39 NEW

yeckel wrote:

Sounds scary Shocked Hope you're all ok now.

Currently tired after being up since 3.30am with a poorly child. Again. She seems to pick something up every few weeks Sad

Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 15:56 NEW

Just ate a Cadbury's Creme Egg. Yes I know it's early but I don't care. I have 6 of them to get through.

Because one man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's Technicolor.

Twitter: @TheBozDog

www email
Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 15:58 NEW

Feeling very hungover

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam egg chips spam

Posted Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 16:12 NEW

...thinking why is there nothing of interest on TV today, If Ive missed something of interest, do tell and by interest I do not mean 'Titanic'.Mad

Psycho rating has got to be four and a half chain saws at least

Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 03:39 NEW

Revising metaphysics

This Weeks Harry Fact : Harry enjoys the smell of rain
New fact every week!

Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 06:02 NEW

Currently tired.

BLUEY

Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 13:10 NEW

Exhausted but not sleeping well. Sad

Welcome aboard!

Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 15:32 NEW

Currently feeling pretty awful. I think I have the flu, spent most of yesterday sprawled out on the sofa and it looks like today will be going the same way.

Eurrrrgh

Like a crazy old cat lady... who isn't old, and who doesn't have any cats

Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 16:31 NEW

watching Casablanca.....as Im sure I havent seen it all the way through before. Embarassed

Psycho rating has got to be four and a half chain saws at least

Posted Monday, April 9, 2012 at 17:15 NEW

ShinyThing wrote:

watching Casablanca.....as Im sure I havent seen it all the way through before. Embarassed

I saw it years ago, and I wasn't impressed.

BLUEY

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425  ...   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 1878 users online right now, and 0 users in chat.