New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...   Next Page Last Page

General Series X in production discussion thread

Conferences ::  Red Dwarf on TV ::  Messages in General Series X in production discussion thread
Created on 28.11.2011 at 17:33 Views: 639236 Replies: 1309
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 17:48 NEW

KingRichard76 wrote:

but if this episode is any indication of the rest of the series then it stomps all over BTE and kicks series 7 and 8 way out of orbit - but as I've said this is my opinion.

can only hope

plus still got the model shots to come, hopefully thats happening

Did someone say they wanted toast?

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 11:23 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

KingRichard76 wrote:

but if this episode is any indication of the rest of the series then it stomps all over BTE and kicks series 7 and 8 way out of orbit - but as I've said this is my opinion.

can only hope

plus still got the model shots to come, hopefully thats happening

After tonight there'll be much more positive feedback Smile

From what Craig said on Saturday "We're all very proud of the new series" and said how theres effects shots they're going to put in. With the Writing, the Acting and the Sets all looking classic Dwarf I wouldnt be surprised if this is complimented by classic model shots as opposed to cgi but this is one thing we dont know.

"Jesus... Yes?"

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 12:43 NEW

thought id throw this picture into the mix from the official page

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 14:05 NEW

Looks like the same blue from BTE.

www email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 14:08 NEW

i can see the green padded outfit... curious

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 15:06 NEW

i dunno again im not that impressed and feel abit cheated here Shocked

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 16:17 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

Really? I really enjoyed that video. There's a sneaky sneak at some set an lots of information about the technical side of filming. Also, I think I'm beginning to fancy Ed Moore a little bit haha!

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 16:44 NEW

Dan Pendo wrote:

Talkie Toaster wrote:

Really? I really enjoyed that video. There's a sneaky sneak at some set an lots of information about the technical side of filming. Also, I think I'm beginning to fancy Ed Moore a little bit haha!

yeah I agree, that was a smashing piece of video. I do hope lots and lots of this stuff makes it to the DVD extras disc.

Life doesn't have to be perfect - it just has to be lived.

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 17:04 NEW

I'm amazed! How can you feel cheated on something that is free for one, and secondly has glimpses of set and production in the background! Just because when he says rig, and you think that's not an oil rig is it? It doesn't make it any less interesting if you don't understand.

James

El Presidente, The Official Red Dwarf Fan Club

TORDFC

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 17:26 NEW

El Presidente wrote:

I'm amazed! How can you feel cheated on something that is free for one, and secondly has glimpses of set and production in the background! Just because when he says rig, and you think that's not an oil rig is it? It doesn't make it any less interesting if you don't understand.

suppose i was just expecting more but i shouldnt really given its still ages away till its on tv Shocked

that and i just dont think i had any interest in how the steady cam worked Wink

but thats just my appinion Smile

email
Edited 13.1.2012 19:23
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 18:09 NEW

Yeah i'm not at all disapointed with this vid. I guess it's more interesting for those of us interested in the techey side of things, but that part of a set we very briefly saw a part of at the beginning looks very intriguing indeed, no? (also very teasingly shown in a photo in todays main page news too).

“Ego? Slytherin. Definitely Slytherin.” ~ The Secular Buddhist

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 18:26 NEW

I didn't find the video too interesting, but I didn't feel cheated. I'm sure there are plenty of Red Dwarf fans who find the technical side of things more interesting than I do. Also, the video looks great in full screen.

BLUEY

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 18:46 NEW

Bluey wrote:

the video looks great in full screen.

agreed Very Happy

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 18:47 NEW

I loved that video. I found myself looking past the foreground though. So, he was showing us his camera was he? I didn't notice...

Scuttercast- MP3 Version (a Red Dwarf podcast)

Enhanced version is just on iTunes...I think. I don't really sort that bit out...and can't be bothered to check.

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 18:57 NEW

it was pretty exciting to see an ever so slight bit of a set in the background

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 19:03 NEW

Fantastic video. Perfect style of teaser. Easily makes up for the Monday teaser.

Applause to Ed Moore for taking the time to make this video. Really nice to know that the people working on the show have such a passion for it.

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 20:44 NEW

Freeborn Leveller - aka The Veggie Vamp wrote:

Yeah i'm not at all disapointed with this vid. I guess it's more interesting for those of us interested in the techey side of things, but that part of a set we very briefly saw a part of at the beginning looks very intriguing indeed, no? (also very teasingly shown in a photo in todays main page news too).

Agreed. In fact I wish that last week we had come into that side of the studio (if you notice behind Ed theres a door that was (from what I can assume previous Audiences went through) I remember thinking before going whether I was going to be too busy looking at the technical side of things or watching the action on the set and the overhead monitors but as was said the Director was on the far end of the Studio where Ed was.

But still its all very cool to see videos like this Smile

"Jesus... Yes?"

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 20:58 NEW

The video reminded me of the open weekend the BBC had at Ealing Studios just before they sold it. This was way back when HDTV was early experimental stuff that needed massive kit with 4 x 1-inch tapes in parallel to record it! Just look at the cameras & how they connect up now!
Of course the other big memory of the Ealing Studios visit was getting up close to one of the real Starbug & Red Dwarf hanger models.

Posted Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 02:59 NEW

Just seen an opinion over at G&T from someone at tonights filming stating that:

"my gut SCREAMS at me that I’ve just watched the ninth episode of series VIII"

Oh dear. I do hope not.

Also, people of a non-spoilery notion might want to avoid the thread in question at the website in question as it talks about a certain actor tweeting about his appearance on the show. If you know who that actor is then it might be a potential spoiler as to who might be appearing in the show. Maybe.

Edited 14.1.2012 03:00
Posted Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 04:37 NEW

I think it's a pretty heavy spoiler if the guest is repeating a former role.
If not then i'm fine with them being jolly about it and tweeting the Red Dwarf Posse Razz

I'm also overjoyed that all guest stars so far have been given rave reviews. Cannot wait to see them.

I just hope we can reach the end of the tunnel with this momentum. No major spoilers so far and long may it stay that way.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 820 users online right now, and 0 users in chat.