New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...   Next Page Last Page

General Series X in production discussion thread

Conferences ::  Red Dwarf on TV ::  Messages in General Series X in production discussion thread
Created on 28.11.2011 at 17:33 Views: 586563 Replies: 1320
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 18:18 NEW

Supercat wrote:

Well I have this weekend all planned out now!!

Obviously it's the recording at Shepperton on Friday night. But then what about the rest of the weekend? Surely you didn't think I was going to go straight home? No way!! So on Saturday its into London on the train. I'm thinking a nice little jaunt up Oxford Street maybe a few other little shopping places. THEN it gets exciting again because Dave (Vampire_D) has just booked us into the Covent Garden Comedy Club for Saturday evening... and a woohoo!!
Sunday looks set to be lovely too. Going up to Ealing on our way home to see Cappsy, which will be a lovely end to the weekend Smile

Bragging done Very Happy

Nice 1, hope you have a good time! Smile

I've *kinda* planned my trip for the 27th. I've got a stupidly early train on the Fri from Glasgow to Nodnol. Hopefully I'll have some time to play on the underground and visit some places before catching the train to Shepperton. After RD, it's a train back to Nodnol for my overnight stay before catching another early train home on the Saturday. But of a whirlwind trip really!!

Cat: Hey man, I'm so hungry, I just have to eat!
Lister: Rimmers Dad's died.
Cat: I'd prefer chicken.

Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 22:40 NEW

Freeborn Leveller - aka The Veggie Vamp wrote:

KingRichard76 wrote:

Quote:

I'm glad everyone had a good night Smile

You're very welcome, it was most certainly a good 'un one, theres a few things I forgot to put in the Write up and one was a bit of dialogue within the first five/ten minutes or so and was certainly a crowd pleaser and just cemented the fact that RD is going back to its roots.

My face was one of pure awe (as you know when we first get guided into the doors you can see the far right bit of set through the Studio seating and I was freaking out with excitement) there was a seperate crew on the Studio floor that were filming stuff for the behind the scenes bits but Dave would be foolish to not go for another or another series - WE KNOW how good this series is and lets face it, we've both seen two out of three episodes that have been Filmed, and with another three to come theres sureto be much more of comments like this.

All does certainly seem to be turning out very positively for the future of the dwarfers doesn't it Smile

Having read various reviews of the latest ep, including the one over at G&T, all i can say personally is i'm so smeggin' excited about this one Smile. My mind is racing trying to figure out certain things that have been touched upon (my geeky Dwarfer side hasn't felt so alive for years Smile

The first note of interest to me is the new set, which sounds like it's been expanded on a great deal since those of us who attended the recording of the second episode, both production vaiue wize, and most certainly size wise (there was quite a lot of space between the part of the set we saw and the enterence, a big gap and then a small temporary set) It must be quite a fair size to have blocked off most of the original entrance. It doesn't surprise me this particular set is made to be an "outdoor area". From what we saw on the 23rd it was certainly a very intriging set, i've been racking my brains to try to figure out what kind of episode it could be used for, as it was like nothing i've seen before in the show.

It crossed my mind that it could be somehow related to a certain back story that many of us have wanted to see tackled for many years now. And the fact that there were a fair few extras would fit this theory too. But don't worry, i want to make this very clear that even if anyone guesses what i'm refering to here, that's all this is, one fan's theory based on a specific train of thought, an extremely speculitive one at that. The set didn't really imply anything about my theory directly, and i'm quite likely waaay off base with this anyway.

I do have a completely separate idea also, but i feel this one may step a little close to reveiling too much about part of the set in question...but i feel it may be somehow related to the potentially "offensive" element too, and also may partially interlink with a certain element some us saw during the second episode filming, but again i may be way off. This really is all very speculative.

...this is actually quite weird not being able to discuss certain things yet..It's gonna' be a looong wait for this series to broadcast..Smile

From reading Cappys report its obvious to me now that for Saturdays recording we didnt go in the normal way, where we were was on the other side of Stage K but what we didnt see on the overhead monitor looked mighty impressive. And this was a one off set (as far as I could tell.

ori-STUDFARM wrote:

KingRichard76 wrote:

Theres more I want to Write here but the last two days has been so exhaustive Smile

Besides....he's multi-posted out (or should that be multi quoted?) Very Happy

It was a very exhausting weekend and one I'm still not over yet lol Smile

Dan Pendo wrote:

There's not much more I can say about Episode 3 that hasn't already been said by other people. I just wanted you all to know that I, like most other people, thoroughly enjoyed the episode. It felt like REAL Red Dwarf, and I can't wait to see it broadcast on TV. After seeing this episode, I have much confidence that Series X is going to be AWESOME!!! Very Happy

I'm very sure that I saw you in the holding area, I was the geek wearing the Red Dwarf Baseball Cap Smile

Cappsy wrote:

Dan Pendo wrote:

I don't think the guest star is necessarily unimpressive, but I'm not going to begin to express my reasons why because I don't want to accidentally reveal any spoilers. I thought the guest star was fine at what he did. I can't compare him to the past guest stars however because I weren't at those recordings.

Yeah, that's purely my own opinion, and pretty much everyone else I've spoken to thinks differently, so it's clearly down to personal taste. In fact, I'm already starting to disagree with myself the more I think about it.

I think the way aforementioned Guest Star was introduced was nothing short of genius just a line or so from one character and then the reveal that brought about the laughter/applause (hope they keep in our first reaction as that was definitely the best especially with how they all held their expressions whilst riding the laughter/applause)

The Guest Star just seemed to fit the role so well.

One cool moment was when Danny showed us his juggling skills and did with five items all at once which got a big round of applause.

Then it was Bobbys turn to throw an item into the air and more or less got the same response as Danny.

On the subject of Bobby, at one point he said to Ray (warm up man) that he had Family in and they were two rows in front of me and a bit to the left so it was some kind of surreal when Kryten came over and did the "I'll Call you." motion with his pinky and index finger to his ear lol.

In one of the last scenes just before they went for a take Chris quickly got rid of a styrofoam cup he'd been drinking from (That would have been one for continuity but he sorted that out himself)

The last word of the night really came from Craig who sometime after we were treated to the end theme told us how he knew it was quite stop and start and how it would look different with all the effects shots etc did say:

"We are all very proud of the new series." So, that from Craig Charles I feels sums it all up in a nutshell.

"Jesus... Yes?"

Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 23:02 NEW

would you say the 3rd episode had the feel of any of the earlier series? like 5 and 6? maybe 6 and 7 or earlier?

Did someone say they wanted toast?

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 23:09 NEW

Am I the only one finding the description of blunders potential blooper spoilers? Or am I going too far now?

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 23:15 NEW

KingRichard76 wrote:

I'm very sure that I saw you in the holding area, I was the geek wearing the Red Dwarf Baseball Cap Smile

Yes I saw you too. I was the geek with the Mugs Murphy T-Shirt Razz

Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 14:13 NEW

Supercat wrote:

Am I the only one finding the description of blunders potential blooper spoilers? Or am I going too far now?

Depends on how detailed the description is I guess.

Please **SPONSOR ME** on the London to Brighton Bike Ride for British Heart Foundation! Very Happy

email
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 16:59 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

would you say the 3rd episode had the feel of any of the earlier series? like 5 and 6? maybe 6 and 7 or earlier?

Personally speaking? I'd dare to actually say 4 - 6. Heck, even 3, but thats my personal opinion. I've said it before, and I'll say it again and will be saying it when this episode (whatever the title maybe) but if this episode is any indication of the rest of the series then it stomps all over BTE and kicks series 7 and 8 way out of orbit - but as I've said this is my opinion.

Dan Pendo wrote:

KingRichard76 wrote:

I'm very sure that I saw you in the holding area, I was the geek wearing the Red Dwarf Baseball Cap

Yes I saw you too. I was the geek with the Mugs Murphy T-Shirt

I'd of liked to have introduced myself, would have been fab, am sure there were other people I kind of recognised.

There was a guy on my left hand side in the Audience who had two Friends sitting next to him who had been to previous recordings of this series so I wasnt sure who they were either lol.

"Jesus... Yes?"

Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 17:48 NEW

KingRichard76 wrote:

but if this episode is any indication of the rest of the series then it stomps all over BTE and kicks series 7 and 8 way out of orbit - but as I've said this is my opinion.

can only hope

plus still got the model shots to come, hopefully thats happening

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 11:23 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

KingRichard76 wrote:

but if this episode is any indication of the rest of the series then it stomps all over BTE and kicks series 7 and 8 way out of orbit - but as I've said this is my opinion.

can only hope

plus still got the model shots to come, hopefully thats happening

After tonight there'll be much more positive feedback Smile

From what Craig said on Saturday "We're all very proud of the new series" and said how theres effects shots they're going to put in. With the Writing, the Acting and the Sets all looking classic Dwarf I wouldnt be surprised if this is complimented by classic model shots as opposed to cgi but this is one thing we dont know.

"Jesus... Yes?"

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 12:43 NEW

thought id throw this picture into the mix from the official page

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 14:05 NEW

Looks like the same blue from BTE.

Please **SPONSOR ME** on the London to Brighton Bike Ride for British Heart Foundation! Very Happy

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 14:08 NEW

i can see the green padded outfit... curious

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 15:06 NEW

i dunno again im not that impressed and feel abit cheated here Shocked

email
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 16:17 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

Really? I really enjoyed that video. There's a sneaky sneak at some set an lots of information about the technical side of filming. Also, I think I'm beginning to fancy Ed Moore a little bit haha!

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 16:44 NEW

Dan Pendo wrote:

Talkie Toaster wrote:

Really? I really enjoyed that video. There's a sneaky sneak at some set an lots of information about the technical side of filming. Also, I think I'm beginning to fancy Ed Moore a little bit haha!

yeah I agree, that was a smashing piece of video. I do hope lots and lots of this stuff makes it to the DVD extras disc.

Life doesn't have to be perfect - it just has to be lived.

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 17:04 NEW

I'm amazed! How can you feel cheated on something that is free for one, and secondly has glimpses of set and production in the background! Just because when he says rig, and you think that's not an oil rig is it? It doesn't make it any less interesting if you don't understand.

James

El Presidente, The Official Red Dwarf Fan Club

TORDFC

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 17:26 NEW

El Presidente wrote:

I'm amazed! How can you feel cheated on something that is free for one, and secondly has glimpses of set and production in the background! Just because when he says rig, and you think that's not an oil rig is it? It doesn't make it any less interesting if you don't understand.

suppose i was just expecting more but i shouldnt really given its still ages away till its on tv Shocked

that and i just dont think i had any interest in how the steady cam worked Wink

but thats just my appinion Smile

email
Edited 13.1.2012 19:23
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 18:09 NEW

Yeah i'm not at all disapointed with this vid. I guess it's more interesting for those of us interested in the techey side of things, but that part of a set we very briefly saw a part of at the beginning looks very intriguing indeed, no? (also very teasingly shown in a photo in todays main page news too).

Freeborn Blog: Harnessing the scientific method for Social & Environmental concern

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 18:26 NEW

I didn't find the video too interesting, but I didn't feel cheated. I'm sure there are plenty of Red Dwarf fans who find the technical side of things more interesting than I do. Also, the video looks great in full screen.

BLUEY

Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 at 18:46 NEW

Bluey wrote:

the video looks great in full screen.

agreed Very Happy

email
New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 1120 users online right now, and 0 users in chat.
Registered users online: kry10, Simon