New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...   Next Page Last Page

General Series X in production discussion thread

Conferences ::  Red Dwarf on TV ::  Messages in General Series X in production discussion thread
Created on 28.11.2011 at 17:33 Views: 581317 Replies: 1320
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 13:30 NEW

codename_47 wrote:

I can't believe you lot are praising the model, its DISGRACEFUL imo.

Look at the rear end, completely TWO DIMENSIONAL, I don't know if this is a plot point or a way to explain Holly not being in the series (maybe Holly's computer housings were in the section of RD that seems lost) but whatever the plot reason having only three quarters of a ship with no rear end or engines AT ALL spells DOOM AND GLOOM for series Ten

Based on this terrible clip I will now petition the BBC to have a whip round to restore the crimson rouge one to her former, three dimensional glory and stop this penny pinching leaving us with a disgusting hole where the engines should be.

Don't watch series x until they put an engine on the ship! Shout it from the rooftops, fandom!

Well obviously in OUR opinion wel like it or even some of us just like the fact we have models back over the cgi.
I personally never had a problem with the remastered ship I liked the look of it and the BTE ship too.
Seriously it's just the fly by scenes that you'll notice it. It's the episode content and laughs that are important.
But I must say seeing it in half does remind me of the movie poster as red dwarf splits

"It's like all the worst people in History are being brought together in one place.... Oh my God there's James Last"

"I happen to know that evey word in your book was published years ago, perhaps you've read the dictionary!"

Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 14:12 NEW

Remember, work isn't finished on the models. This video was presumably made during the restoration of the model (which has been sitting on a shelf for nearly fifteen years.

"Rimmer, you've taken a group of holymen and pacifists and turned them into the Dirty Dozen!"

email
Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 14:47 NEW

codename_47 wrote:

Look at the rear end, completely TWO DIMENSIONAL, I don't know if this is a plot point or a way to explain Holly not being in the series (maybe Holly's computer housings were in the section of RD that seems lost) but whatever the plot reason having only three quarters of a ship with no rear end or engines AT ALL spells DOOM AND GLOOM for series Ten

Based on this terrible clip I will now petition the BBC to have a whip round to restore the crimson rouge one to her former, three dimensional glory and stop this penny pinching leaving us with a disgusting hole where the engines should be.

Don't watch series x until they put an engine on the ship! Shout it from the rooftops, fandom!

i can't tell if you are joking or not Shocked

we all know the model was taken apart to presumably make it shorter right? or to quote the official site to lose "a fair bit of weight around the midriff" and unless outa-space has now turned into the dwarf traveling through a workshop im pretty sure they were not filming there Shocked

Did someone say they wanted toast?

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Edited 5.2.2012 15:10
Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 15:51 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

codename_47 wrote:

we all know the model was taken apart to presumably make it shorter right? or to quote the official site to lose "a fair bit of weight around the midriff" and unless outa-space has now turned into the dwarf traveling through a workshop im pretty sure they were not filming there Shocked

Your arguement makes no sense, Talkie.

This post was brought to you by juggler, dancer, illusionist, Harry

Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 15:54 NEW

HarryJericho wrote:

Your arguement makes no sense, Talkie.

wel you never understand anything unless it has big words and pictures lets be honest

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 17:03 NEW

Bob's blog update with exclusive photo! Cool

"The mark of a true genius is the ability to hold two seemingly contradictory ideas in mind at once."

RIP Red Dwarf

@simulant37

Edited 5.2.2012 17:05
Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 17:09 NEW

simulant37 wrote:

If I'm not very much mistaken that appears to be the human curry monster from the Series IV episode DNA.

"Lemons truly are an amazing fruit!"

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

email
Edited 5.2.2012 17:10
Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 17:16 NEW

Vicar of Dwayne Dibley wrote:

simulant37 wrote:

If I'm not very much mistaken that appears to be the human curry monster from the Series IV episode DNA.

More likely to be Cat in a sparkly suit... Smile

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 17:22 NEW

Embarassed I guess I am very much mistaken Laughing

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

email
Edited 5.2.2012 17:23
Posted Monday, February 6, 2012 at 04:19 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

codename_47 wrote:

I realise this is a written medium and it is hard to judge peoples tone but I thought plastering the entire post with smilees to ensure people knew I was joking might ruin the post even more and insult people's intelligence a bit...

Hard to judge, these things eh....

Posted Monday, February 6, 2012 at 14:23 NEW

simulant37 wrote:

In the words of Baldrick "You ARE very much mistaken."

Please **SPONSOR ME** on the London to Brighton Bike Ride for British Heart Foundation! Very Happy

email
Posted Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 16:02 NEW

Supercat wrote:

simulant37 wrote:

Um, but isn't that Danny John-Jules covering the monitor?. In which case i can only assume that that isn't the cat on set.

So i would also assume that perhaps DJJ wasn't needed for the earliest scenes filmed that day, as he doesn't appear to have his outfit on (although i suppose he could be wearing it under his coat and just hasn't had the wig fitted yet.)

Or unless what is seen on the monitor is not what is being filmed at that point. But my bet is on that being a guest charactor. Although i must say it does kinda' look like Cat through.

Freeborn Blog: Harnessing the scientific method for Social & Environmental concern

Edited 7.2.2012 16:03
Posted Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 16:04 NEW

Freeborn Leveller - aka The Veggie Vamp wrote:

Supercat wrote:

simulant37 wrote:

Um, but isn't that Danny John-Jules covering the monitor?. In which case i can only assume that that isn't the cat on set.

So i would also assume that perhaps DJJ wasn't needed for the earliest scenes filmed that day, as he doesn't appear to have his outfit on (although i suppose he could be wearing it under his coat and just hasn't had the wig fitted yet.)

Or unless what is seen on the monitor is not what is being filmed at that point. But my bet is on that being a guest charactor. Although i must say it does kinda' look like Cat through.

It will be a pre-recorded VT.

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
Posted Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 16:15 NEW

Supercat wrote:

Supercat wrote:

simulant37 wrote:

It will be a pre-recorded VT.

D'ya think? Hmm, i suppose that's quite possible. I was just interested to see where the filming was taking place at that precise momment through. Looks like the exact same part of the set. Very possibly just coincidence though. As i said it does indeed like like it's quite possibly Cat...or maybe Cat has a long lost twin Shocked ...or maybe not, eh.

Freeborn Blog: Harnessing the scientific method for Social & Environmental concern

Edited 7.2.2012 16:16
Posted Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 16:28 NEW

Supercat wrote:

simulant37 wrote:

I commented too soon! It does look like Cat and I was very much mistaken so lets now drop this!Evil or Very Mad

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

email
Posted Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 19:00 NEW

It's Cat's brother Cool

"The mark of a true genius is the ability to hold two seemingly contradictory ideas in mind at once."

RIP Red Dwarf

@simulant37

Posted Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 00:58 NEW

You people are clearly missing the most important question you could possibly ask: Does Red Dwarf X feature Skutters in any way, shape or form?

I love those guys.

I try to be the voice of reason, but more often than not I'm just the loudest crazy person.

I also like to throw entertaining visuals at people via YouTube.

Posted Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 03:36 NEW

Smegerama wrote:

You people are clearly missing the most important question you could possibly ask: Does Red Dwarf X feature Skutters in any way, shape or form?

I really hope they do feature as they're a big part of Red Dwarf's history. I'd much prefer model skutters over CGI ones however.

BLUEY

Posted Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 09:54 NEW

Smegerama wrote:

I love those guys.

I would love to see Skutters again, but only if they are real models and not CGI like in Back To Earth. I'm not sure if the budget will stretch enough to allow Skutters but we can keep our fingers crossed.

Posted Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 18:42 NEW

i can see doug using the skutters in the new series at some point but most likely CGI ones

email
New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 578 users online right now, and 1 user in chat.