New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...   Next Page Last Page

General Series X in production discussion thread

Conferences ::  Red Dwarf (Series I-X) ::  Messages in General Series X in production discussion thread
Created on 28.11.2011 at 17:33 Views: 686837 Replies: 1309
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 17:16 NEW

Vicar of Dwayne Dibley wrote:

simulant37 wrote:


If I'm not very much mistaken that appears to be the human curry monster from the Series IV episode DNA.

More likely to be Cat in a sparkly suit... Smile


"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012


www email
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 17:22 NEW

Embarassed I guess I am very much mistaken Laughing

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.


email
Edited 5.2.2012 17:23
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Monday, February 6, 2012 at 04:19 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

codename_47 wrote:

I can't believe you lot are praising the model, its DISGRACEFUL imo.

Look at the rear end, completely TWO DIMENSIONAL, I don't know if this is a plot point or a way to explain Holly not being in the series (maybe Holly's computer housings were in the section of RD that seems lost) but whatever the plot reason having only three quarters of a ship with no rear end or engines AT ALL spells DOOM AND GLOOM for series Ten

Based on this terrible clip I will now petition the BBC to have a whip round to restore the crimson rouge one to her former, three dimensional glory and stop this penny pinching leaving us with a disgusting hole where the engines should be.

Don't watch series x until they put an engine on the ship! Shout it from the rooftops, fandom!

i can't tell if you are joking or not Shocked

we all know the model was taken apart to presumably make it shorter right? or to quote the official site to lose "a fair bit of weight around the midriff" and unless outa-space has now turned into the dwarf traveling through a workshop im pretty sure they were not filming there Shocked

I realise this is a written medium and it is hard to judge peoples tone but I thought plastering the entire post with smilees to ensure people knew I was joking might ruin the post even more and insult people's intelligence a bit...

Hard to judge, these things eh....

www
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Monday, February 6, 2012 at 14:23 NEW

Vicar of Dwayne Dibley wrote:

simulant37 wrote:


If I'm not very much mistaken that appears to be the human curry monster from the Series IV episode DNA.

In the words of Baldrick "You ARE very much mistaken."

-__-


email
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 16:02 NEW

Supercat wrote:

Vicar of Dwayne Dibley wrote:

simulant37 wrote:


If I'm not very much mistaken that appears to be the human curry monster from the Series IV episode DNA.

More likely to be Cat in a sparkly suit... Smile

Um, but isn't that Danny John-Jules covering the monitor?. In which case i can only assume that that isn't the cat on set.

So i would also assume that perhaps DJJ wasn't needed for the earliest scenes filmed that day, as he doesn't appear to have his outfit on (although i suppose he could be wearing it under his coat and just hasn't had the wig fitted yet.)

Or unless what is seen on the monitor is not what is being filmed at that point. But my bet is on that being a guest charactor. Although i must say it does kinda' look like Cat through.

"I am not what I think I am. I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am." ~ Popeye The Sailor Man


www
Edited 7.2.2012 16:03
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 16:04 NEW

Freeborn Leveller - aka The Veggie Vamp wrote:

Supercat wrote:

Vicar of Dwayne Dibley wrote:

simulant37 wrote:


If I'm not very much mistaken that appears to be the human curry monster from the Series IV episode DNA.

More likely to be Cat in a sparkly suit... Smile

Um, but isn't that Danny John-Jules covering the monitor?. In which case i can only assume that that isn't the cat on set.

So i would also assume that perhaps DJJ wasn't needed for the earliest scenes filmed that day, as he doesn't appear to have his outfit on (although i suppose he could be wearing it under his coat and just hasn't had the wig fitted yet.)

Or unless what is seen on the monitor is not what is being filmed at that point. But my bet is on that being a guest charactor. Although i must say it does kinda' look like Cat through.

It will be a pre-recorded VT.


"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012


www email
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 16:15 NEW

Supercat wrote:

Freeborn Leveller - aka The Veggie Vamp wrote:

Supercat wrote:

Vicar of Dwayne Dibley wrote:

simulant37 wrote:


If I'm not very much mistaken that appears to be the human curry monster from the Series IV episode DNA.

More likely to be Cat in a sparkly suit... Smile

Um, but isn't that Danny John-Jules covering the monitor?. In which case i can only assume that that isn't the cat on set.

So i would also assume that perhaps DJJ wasn't needed for the earliest scenes filmed that day, as he doesn't appear to have his outfit on (although i suppose he could be wearing it under his coat and just hasn't had the wig fitted yet.)

Or unless what is seen on the monitor is not what is being filmed at that point. But my bet is on that being a guest charactor. Although i must say it does kinda' look like Cat through.

It will be a pre-recorded VT.


D'ya think? Hmm, i suppose that's quite possible. I was just interested to see where the filming was taking place at that precise momment through. Looks like the exact same part of the set. Very possibly just coincidence though. As i said it does indeed like like it's quite possibly Cat...or maybe Cat has a long lost twin Shocked ...or maybe not, eh.

"I am not what I think I am. I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am." ~ Popeye The Sailor Man


www
Edited 7.2.2012 16:16
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 16:28 NEW

Freeborn Leveller - aka The Veggie Vamp wrote:

Supercat wrote:

Vicar of Dwayne Dibley wrote:

simulant37 wrote:


If I'm not very much mistaken that appears to be the human curry monster from the Series IV episode DNA.

More likely to be Cat in a sparkly suit... Smile

Um, but isn't that Danny John-Jules covering the monitor?. In which case i can only assume that that isn't the cat on set.

So i would also assume that perhaps DJJ wasn't needed for the earliest scenes filmed that day, as he doesn't appear to have his outfit on (although i suppose he could be wearing it under his coat and just hasn't had the wig fitted yet.)

Or unless what is seen on the monitor is not what is being filmed at that point. But my bet is on that being a guest charactor. Although i must say it does kinda' look like Cat through.

I commented too soon! It does look like Cat and I was very much mistaken so lets now drop this!Evil or Very Mad

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.


email
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 19:00 NEW

It's Cat's brother Cool

All the world’s a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts...


www
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 00:58 NEW

You people are clearly missing the most important question you could possibly ask: Does Red Dwarf X feature Skutters in any way, shape or form?

I love those guys.

It's always the way, innit?


RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 03:36 NEW

Smegerama wrote:

You people are clearly missing the most important question you could possibly ask: Does Red Dwarf X feature Skutters in any way, shape or form?

I really hope they do feature as they're a big part of Red Dwarf's history. I'd much prefer model skutters over CGI ones however.

BLUEY


www
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 09:54 NEW

Smegerama wrote:

You people are clearly missing the most important question you could possibly ask: Does Red Dwarf X feature Skutters in any way, shape or form?

I love those guys.

I would love to see Skutters again, but only if they are real models and not CGI like in Back To Earth. I'm not sure if the budget will stretch enough to allow Skutters but we can keep our fingers crossed.


www
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 18:42 NEW

i can see doug using the skutters in the new series at some point but most likely CGI ones

Did someone say they wanted toast?


email
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 22:17 NEW

I don't mind CGI skutters if they're just background details, but if they play any part beyond that, physical would be my preference. Although one could argue that CGI lifts all the restrictions you would run into with real life skutters.

I suggest we all gather in a circle around Seb and grin in a rather disturbing manner as to incite enough terror in his very soul that he'll reveal what he knows about skutters in RDX just to end the torment. Or we could wait until the episodes air. Either way is fine by me.

It's always the way, innit?


RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 02:31 NEW

Surely after 7 years of Robot Wars Craig could inform the production team how impressive physical models have become. Wink

*Sigh* Robot Wars....good times.

www
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 20:49 NEW

@RichardDGNaylor comment on twitter


Quote:

How do you guys feel about a teaser trailers? Would u want a 1 min thing with original material ala new Dark Knight?


Quote:

What sort of thing would you want to see? Montage? Or a model shot followed by a small sequence... any ideas send them my way.

Did someone say they wanted toast?


email
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 21:03 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

@RichardDGNaylor comment on twitter


Quote:

How do you guys feel about a teaser trailers? Would u want a 1 min thing with original material ala new Dark Knight?


Quote:

What sort of thing would you want to see? Montage? Or a model shot followed by a small sequence... any ideas send them my way.


Montage! I don't want to much in the way of spoilers so a collection of short clips that best show the style/tone of the new series would be great

All the world’s a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts...


www
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 04:50 NEW

Personally I hated the remastered/series 8 ship. I quite liked the back to earth version though, was cool to have Red Dwarf looking more like the original but with a twist. I actually made a model that sits on my shelf still after about 15 years, which is a cross between the original and more modern ship, might have posted a pic at some time... anyway where was I? Yeah I'd rather have CGI ship that looked like the original than a model of the remastered ship. I hope they made it look like the back to earth ship.

Damn my vanity!


www
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 05:09 NEW

Dan wrote:

I hope they made it look like the back to earth ship.

From the model shot video I think that's the route they're going; i.e. they're actually using the Series 8 model but cutting out a chunk of the middle, effectively doing what they did for BtE except with the actual physical object rather than digitally.

As to how much alike they'll be... I guess that depends on how much of the mid section they remove. I think it will be pretty similar though.

Kryten: [SMUG MODE]I can't hang around here saving your necks all day, I think I'll make a start on that ironing.


www
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 23:09 NEW

Just heard the news from bobby, series 10 is in the can! Whooaahh.

Charlie Boy


www email
New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 1933 users online right now, and 1 user in chat.