New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...   Next Page Last Page

General Series X in production discussion thread

Conferences ::  Red Dwarf on TV ::  Messages in General Series X in production discussion thread
Created on 28.11.2011 at 17:33 Views: 589669 Replies: 1320
RE: The News we've all been waiting for.
Posted Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 20:56 NEW

I'd be surprised. They're going to the effort of using models for the ships, so it would be a bit odd to choose CGI for the skutters. If anything, it would make more sense to do it the other way round (models for the interiors, so the audience can see them, and CGI for the exteriors).

Posted Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 22:17 NEW

I don't mind CGI skutters if they're just background details, but if they play any part beyond that, physical would be my preference. Although one could argue that CGI lifts all the restrictions you would run into with real life skutters.

I suggest we all gather in a circle around Seb and grin in a rather disturbing manner as to incite enough terror in his very soul that he'll reveal what he knows about skutters in RDX just to end the torment. Or we could wait until the episodes air. Either way is fine by me.

I try to be the voice of reason, but more often than not I'm just the loudest crazy person.

Posted Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 02:31 NEW

Surely after 7 years of Robot Wars Craig could inform the production team how impressive physical models have become. Wink

*Sigh* Robot Wars....good times.

Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 20:49 NEW

@RichardDGNaylor comment on twitter

Quote:

How do you guys feel about a teaser trailers? Would u want a 1 min thing with original material ala new Dark Knight?

Quote:

What sort of thing would you want to see? Montage? Or a model shot followed by a small sequence... any ideas send them my way.

Did someone say they wanted toast?

Man in the rubber mask audiobook - (written and read by robert llewellyn)- (most entertaining) Very Happy

email
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 21:03 NEW

Talkie Toaster wrote:

@RichardDGNaylor comment on twitter

Quote:

How do you guys feel about a teaser trailers? Would u want a 1 min thing with original material ala new Dark Knight?

Quote:

What sort of thing would you want to see? Montage? Or a model shot followed by a small sequence... any ideas send them my way.

Montage! I don't want to much in the way of spoilers so a collection of short clips that best show the style/tone of the new series would be great

"The mark of a true genius is the ability to hold two seemingly contradictory ideas in mind at once."

RIP Red Dwarf

Posted Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 04:50 NEW

Personally I hated the remastered/series 8 ship. I quite liked the back to earth version though, was cool to have Red Dwarf looking more like the original but with a twist. I actually made a model that sits on my shelf still after about 15 years, which is a cross between the original and more modern ship, might have posted a pic at some time... anyway where was I? Yeah I'd rather have CGI ship that looked like the original than a model of the remastered ship. I hope they made it look like the back to earth ship.

Damn my vanity!

Posted Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 05:09 NEW

Dan wrote:

I hope they made it look like the back to earth ship.

From the model shot video I think that's the route they're going; i.e. they're actually using the Series 8 model but cutting out a chunk of the middle, effectively doing what they did for BtE except with the actual physical object rather than digitally.

As to how much alike they'll be... I guess that depends on how much of the mid section they remove. I think it will be pretty similar though.

Kryten: [SMUG MODE]I can't hang around here saving your necks all day, I think I'll make a start on that ironing.

Posted Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 23:09 NEW

Just heard the news from bobby, series 10 is in the can! Whooaahh.

Charlie Boy

www email
Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 10:05 NEW

Doug Naylor wrote on Twitter yesterday,

Quote:

Discovered today no money was put in the budget for music, apart from opening + closing credits. Me and a kazzoo for action sequences then.

"Lemons truly are an amazing fruit!"

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

email
Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 12:18 NEW

Vicar of Dwayne Dibley wrote:

Quote:

Discovered today no money was put in the budget for music, apart from opening + closing credits. Me and a kazzoo for action sequences then.

Oh no!!! I'm sure Doug will find a way to get music into the show. I hope Dave gives a few extra pennies so we can have Howard Goodall music.

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 13:05 NEW

Fan donations?

email
Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 13:49 NEW

Stephen Simpson wrote:

Fan donations?

I'd gladly donate, and I'm sure others would too, but whether we'd make enough is another question. I'm not sure how much a music budget needs but I can imagine it's in the thousands.

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 17:57 NEW

Stephen Simpson wrote:

Fan donations?

Word has it, there are quite a few musically talented fans on this website. Very Happy

Yes, I know it isn't the film industry standard. No lecture required.

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 18:49 NEW

Quote:

What?!? Only discovering this now?!? Sounds like a very amateur production!

"The mark of a true genius is the ability to hold two seemingly contradictory ideas in mind at once."

RIP Red Dwarf

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 19:32 NEW

simulant37 wrote:

Quote:

Yup, Doug just tweeted the series has been pulled because of the lack of music funding. Oh well. Maybe a movie instead? Wink

Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 19:43 NEW

Presuming Ed wrote:

simulant37 wrote:

Quote:

Yup, Doug just tweeted the series has been pulled because of the lack of music funding. Oh well. Maybe a movie instead? Wink

It does seem odd that this wasn't sorted out before . Its pretty important to have all the budget accounted for at the outset.

Maybe they should do it silent, like The Artist.

RIP Red Dwarf

Edited 29.2.2012 19:44
Posted Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 11:59 NEW

Presuming Ed wrote:

simulant37 wrote:

Quote:

I'm sorry, I just checked his latest tweets and there's nothing like that. Could you please quote it so I know you're not just taking the smeg.Shocked

"Lemons truly are an amazing fruit!"

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

email
Posted Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 12:45 NEW

Presuming Ed wrote:

simulant37 wrote:

Quote:

I'm sorry, I just checked his latest tweets and there's nothing like that. Could you please quote it so I know you're not just taking the smeg.Shocked

I'm pretty sure the Wink means he's joking. They wouldn't pull an entire series just because there's no music. They'll be looking for alternate ways of getting a music budget.

Posted Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 13:08 NEW

I used t o be able to play Polly Put The Kettle On on the recorder and Seven Nation Army on the bass guitar. Take it or leave it! Very Happy

"I give full permission for anybody to fart and laugh at my funeral." - Mrs. Yeckel, April 2012

www email
Posted Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 13:46 NEW

Supercat wrote:

I used t o be able to play Polly Put The Kettle On on the recorder and Seven Nation Army on the bass guitar. Take it or leave it! Very Happy

Sing the song an i'll play along!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   First Page Previous Page  Page: ...  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...   Next Page Last Page
Subscription Options ?Click for an full explanation of subscription options.
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 567 users online right now, and 0 users in chat.