10 THINGS YOU WANT FOR SERIES XI?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by RECTUMfacedPYGMY, Dec 16, 2012.

1. 74384338

74384338 First Technician

5. Hmm, controversy abounds!
    7. Did it? Did it really? How did I miss that?! Then again, I wasn't paying attention in Ouroboros.
    8. But they've managed it for most of the past twenty-five years...
    9. Don't know, I just ran out of time when I got to 8 and had to shove down some random stuff.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It was briefly seen in the flashback sequence:

[​IMG]

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

I hope the next series sticks to 1 plot an episode like the early series and not 2 or 3 subplots an episode like series 10 did, Red Dwarf works better with 1 plot

And less nostalgia jokes and no big revelations about characters pasts

Lets just have fun good story's like the early days

4. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

The big thing that was missing from dwarf x was Holly, theys are back on the dwarf just the four of them like the old days so
    Holly should be back, i hope they get Norm back for xi.

Also i really want to see Lister wearing his hat again it would bring the character back for me, and I'm not sure why..I just think it would.

5. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

1 The return of Rob Grant, or more comedy writers to help Doug.

2 MORE Starbug model and original Cockpit and sitting area back.

3 The Bunkroom scenes with Rimmer and Lister love those.

4 HOlly Norm back, the main thing missing from dwarf x

5 Lister wearing his old disgusting t shirts and his Hat.

6 the old weapens back and big guns.

7 Cat Race episode.

8 The return of Ace Rimmer in one episode.

9 Tell us what happend after Only the good.?

10 the officers bunkroom, the red quarters from x didnt look right.

11 need to see more of the ship come on six miles long..?

6. BadWolf117

BadWolf117 Second Technician

in all honesty i think id pefer the CGI Ship from BTE than the model- im sorry but i still hate it even if it is shorter- especially with the end of the ship with the large boosters- Bring back the Lightglobe shape from BTE

7. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

On blue midget wish they had kept the orginal blue midget model from series 1 to 3, that one was great. but yes get starbug back as the prime transport ship.

8. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Amen to that brother!!! 8)

9. 74384338

74384338 First Technician

Darn and blast it, I've spotted it. So where is this small blanc one? Rotting in some BBC storeroom somewhere? Or was it CGI?

On my original list I missed off Starbug. That must be mouldering somewhere as well. It's been said before, but let's have Starbug back.

10. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I think it's a model. I remember it being mentioned on one of the DVDs (I forget if it was one of the commentaries or features) that it was made from one or the old Blue Midget models.

As for Ace Rimmer I think people tend to think that it will be more of the same. (Not that I dislike the previous Ace episodes.) However if you actually consider who the previous Ace was, (actually our Rimmer) and that there's a human Rimmer unaccounted for, and there could be an interesting funny story to tell...

11. starlight84uk

starlight84uk Third Technician

What about original hologram Rimmer accidently kills series 8 Rimmer? In a funny way, of course. :lol:

12. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

A giant robot killer Frank Todhunter who is obsessed by 12th century architecture

13. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

I want rimmer's green suit back, best one.

14. Highjump

Highjump Second Technician

It would be nice to see them go back to their original sets like in 1-3 but i don't see how they could work that in with out them going back in to the past and then they would have to deal with their past selves.. but that could be a funny concept, we all know how entertaining it is with 2 rimmers imagine 2 of each the whole ep or series.

15. BadWolf117

BadWolf117 Second Technician

Personally i would love to see The Back To Earth bunkroom set return..well maybe the dimensions altered to fit the audience in but yeah just it seemed really awesome and lightened up the room rather than the dark red and slightly depressing bunkroom of Series X

BTW maybe less of the recycled Series 1 Red Dwarf music cues- there are over a dozen unused tracks for Series 7
    for example: Lemons could have used alot of cues from Tikka to Ride's unused music tracks (while selecting an episode on the Series 7 dvd you hear a short music cue which could have worked out really well)

Personally i would love to see CPG back in the role as a Hologram version of K...yes i know conflicting continuity and ofcourse Doug says her original charater cant come back...i've found a good Kochanki impersonator and im set to prove him wrong- i just need to write the script out and yeah we'll see what happens (im hoping to do a bodysnatchers/identity within audio thing)

16. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

Holly.

I don't get why RD has the attitude of "norman or nothing"

Whatever he says from now on, Norman has burnt his bridges and, less face it, is getting on a bit so I don't think he should come back.

Holly should come back and it should be Hattie.
    And she should get a whole episode devoted to her to make up for the pathetic way she was ushered out of the series too.

"Oh, you're writing out the character because you're too lazy to think up any more ideas? Ok then."
    "Ok, so the character is coming back in the very next series, but you're using the other guy? Cheers!"

17. counting_sheep

counting_sheep First Technician

I would agree if they did bring back Holly they should cast Hattie as she has always remained loyal to the show unlike Norman.