2m For Dave!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by PaddyC84, Apr 11, 2009.

1. southblue

southblue Third Technician

Any further news on the other episodes yet?

It would be interesting to see if the figures went up or down with the subsequent episodes. Also I was wondering if the reruns last night count towards the figures or is last night's show considered a separate entity?

2. Fairfax

Fairfax Catering Officer

First ep. 2.06m
    Second ep 0.937m
    Third ep?1.02m

3. southblue

southblue Third Technician

I suppose it was always inevitable that we would see a dip for the 2nd episode once the hype had died down and with it being on at a more competitive time. I'm slightly disappointed that finale didn't pull back as many viewers as I'd have hoped, but breaking the million mark is still a very good achievement for Dave. Am I correct in thinking that the BTE episodes are now the 3 highest viewed shows on Dave?

Still looking forward to seeing how last night's repeats fair.

4. nelix847

nelix847 Third Technician

Note to every one. Next time if they make reddwarf 9 or any other if your not watching anything turn your TV on and changed it to reddwarf to get more viewings. :-D

5. Liam64

Liam64 Skutter

We would already be watching Red Dwarf... wouldn't we? :P

6. PaddyC84

PaddyC84 Second Technician

Ratings for all 3 parts...

Part 1 - 2.41m
    Part 2 - 0.93m
    Part 3 - 1.02m

You think this will be enough for Dave to want to make more?

7. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Despite the massive dip, those are still pretty good ratings for digital channel. If it had started as 1 million I think it would have been decent ratings. It's just the fact that it dropped so drastically that it looks bad.

Maybe we should think in terms of: the episode retained figures around the 1 million mark, rather than the drop.

Is it good enough for a new series? I think so, but I think it's a bit too early know go yet. Quite a bit will depend on the DVD sales. I'm not so sure how THAT will do, as I suspect it will mainly be fans rather than casual viewers who will buy the DVDs. On the plus side, Red Dwarf has plenty of fans.

8. ytsejam

ytsejam Skutter

Just the fact that the fans actually care how the ratings were should give dave a little clue as to the gold mine they have here.

9. Titanbeing

Titanbeing Third Technician

Not bad figures considering very little publicity....I think they will wait to see DVD sales worldwide before deciding more specials/series/film.
    Was great to see them back though!!!!!

10. SimplePlan2k8

SimplePlan2k8 Third Technician

Pretty good figures considering the station.

Anyone know what the full lot got last night?

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

After the huge drop it appears that the ratings were beginning to stabilise at around the million mark, which is impressive for a programme on Dave.

I'd expect a full series to average about the same number.