3 part special

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by travellerstune, Apr 25, 2009.

1. travellerstune

travellerstune Skutter

I did enjoy some aspects of the new three parter and what they achieved with their restricted budget/timeframe and the fact from it the boys may be back for more adventures due to the ratings.

I am dissapointed with the lack of continuity from viii and the fact the closure of previous plotlines was not forthcoming or even attempted. It seems Doug Naylor has started to ignore his own plot creations. The filmic style, overused cgi and camera angles got the same reaction from me as most of series vii & viii, a mistake. After a while the drawn out squid attack had me reminiscing of cat's flogged dance with the droid in previous series, a painful experience! it was funny but please dont drag it out! There is something to be said about delivery and timimg!.

All that said there was some onscreen chemistry there in the specials and a few laughs and if they look at what made RD so good in the early years the banter and dialogue between rimmer and lister as was present at the start of the first episode, then it may be great again.

I long for the old dwarf format but I cannot help thinking that doug's views in the video interview i saw 'about fans not wanting just three sets and very funny dialogue as opposed to smart looking sets was misplaced on his part. I Just wish Doug was a bit more Adam's influenced and not Ridley Scott, the humour and dialogue between characters is what made the early RD for me. Give me a 'souper' or talkie toaster anyday over aesthetics.

2. stevenrankin

stevenrankin Third Technician

do u see at the top of the BTE section the threads called. Back to Earth. well leave ur thoughts there . Ur opinion is welcome but if every single person with an opinion was to create a thread about the same thing then this forum would be veru boring and very messed up. so try and stick to the rules of the forum . and there really isn't any excuse m

I might of sounded a bit rude sorry for that but it's very annoying

3. travellerstune

travellerstune Skutter

apologies everyone, i thought i was replying to the header. Sorry, perhaps a moderator can move my post over.

4. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

What am I, the butler? Paste it over yourself! :-)

5. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I personally, would like to see your Kryten impression.:-D

6. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

Ellard, when you've finished with the brasses, could you get my summer suit out? I'm going Bunbrying this evening.