A blatant clue (spoilers)

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Mike_Scrase_BSC, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Mike_Scrase_BSC

Mike_Scrase_BSC Skutter

So... big tentically thing that lives in water shows up, and soon afterwards the crew believes they're fictional.

Sound familiar?

I had a quick look around to see if anyone had brought this up, and was surprised when I didn't find anyone mentioning it, but it seems to me that Lister n' the boys may very well have had a suicide squid in their midst.

Anyone agree?

2. BonesTLE

BonesTLE Skutter

It does seem a lot like Back to Reality doesn't it?
    Lets hope its not a dispair squid...

3. hubbard

hubbard Deck Sergeant

Could be a G.E.L.F, shape shifter. I wouldnt be surprised if it does have something to do with the series 5 despair squid.

4. Queeg5000

Queeg5000 Skutter

I hope not, but as it happens I dont remember the squid dimension jumping.

5. The_Phantom_Monk

The_Phantom_Monk Skutter

The pinky colour of the tenticals is the same colour as the Polymorph, remember it can change into anything! Even a Russian science officer perhaps!! And they showed the two Polymorph episodes last night!!!

Maybe its a Polymorph, dispair squid hybrid.... too much?

6. FourPercent

FourPercent Skutter

or an unreality pocket.

7. grownsomuch09

grownsomuch09 Third Technician

I never thought about that. Wasn't there one more creature that was never found?? But I remember them saying it died in Listers dirty sock basket. They could be poisoned...and why would they have a squid show up in the beginning? Maybe it's a QuaZar, lol! but really idunnknow with all the talking & interactions with those in the 2009 earth, which would be our 2009 earth..cause they are watching the show, somehow in daytime, lol! when we are watching the show. Kryton knows all about the history too, but the actors are supposedly living here also. I guess the Red Dwarf series worked out in another Dimension ~ but didn't in ours...the real one ~ the one that lets us chat in these forums right now. Oh yeah, they also got 2 more series than us...lol! great, what a way to show off and make us jealous. I think I'm poisoned.

8. cyberkilla

cyberkilla Second Technician

Why can't I remember this squid you refer to? Was it in another series, or one of the books?

Here's me thinking that I knew everything:-) I only have one book: Backwards.

9. grownsomuch09

grownsomuch09 Third Technician

the Squid from the episode that invented Dwane Dibbley! I know u knew that! Oh yeah, get the books, just the first 4 of 'em. They def had me laughing more than this special has.

and why you have the 4th book and not the first of the book series does boggle me, lol! the books story lines do connect together too...they don't really jump around like the t.v. series does.

10. cyberkilla

cyberkilla Second Technician

Oh, yes, I remember now!:-)

With regards to the books, I'll try. The reason I only have Backwards is that I found it at a closing down sale. I wasn't aware that there were books before it at the time.

11. bond_villain

bond_villain Third Technician

I was thinking the same thing myself, actually. It was the ink that set the despair off, and they're all covered in ink - and Rimmer very pointedly gets a bit of ink on him when Lister throws him the tentacle. Then hey-ho! Kremlin Kate turns up and things go down hill from there for the boys.

12. RedSuperfly

RedSuperfly Skutter

Haha, when I woke up this morning I was thinking about last nights episode and it all made sense that it was the suicide squid up to its old tricks again. So I came on here and looks like many think the same.

Makes sense. Two Holograms. Coverred in ink at the start just as the second hologram shows up. Squid origami. Even the name is similar - Back To Earth - Back To Reality.

13. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I think you might be correct, or at least somewhere along the right track. And I can't wait to find out tonight...

14. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

does seem sort of a cop out that its going to be another back to reality style story.

Oh well, it's still quite good.