A Cause For Rejoicing!

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by BigOleDummy, Feb 19, 2018.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

As it is quite obvious to me that BigOleDummy is almost universally disliked in this forum AND as I've never been one to hang around where I'm not wanted , I will be taking my leave. Nope, keeping my account and my username this time as I don't want it stolen again. To the few of you that I will actually miss I bid you "auf Wiedersehen" and to the rest "Totsiens".

2. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Oh, come on, I wouldn't say that. We get confused at the occasional thing you do, and some of us have gotten in an occasional fight with you, but I think for the most part we all like you. I really don't think you oufht to leave. I, for one, hope your exit doesn't last too long.

3. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I'm in the bucket that do not want you to leave. I wish you well.

Ant E and Abe like this.
  4. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

Yeah like @Abe says, I don't really get this :/ I mean sure, I didn't get all the sudden Tex Rimmer stuff, when that sort of fizzled out ages ago. But I also thought it was hilarious, and my jokes about you having too much to drink weren't intended to be mean, I was sitting there absolutely creased up by the whole thing. I love stuff like that! Like when @Asclepius tried to post a link to a pic in chat, and it just flooded the whole page :lol:

And the cake that looked like a willy, again I think everyone was just amused by it cos it was a funny idea that you burst in with an obscene looking cake and wondering why nobody wanted a slice hahaha.

The only thing I admittedly found troubling was the stabbing/death row comments, and the post to Yoserian about hoping he died frightened and alone. Coupled with whatever happened in chat (though I think that's dealt with now?) it was kinda a bit alarming. But I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that you're universally hated here? People sometimes get excited or silly or amused, but hate is a very strong emotion and don't think anyone's posted anything hateful to you have they?

Asclepius and Abe like this.
  5. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

@BigOleDummy, I don't think you should leave. As I said in another thread, you're one of the posters I like on this forum.

You posted a couple of things when you were angry that I didn't like, but those are very much in the minority. You also post a lot of stuff that I really appreciate.

Ant E and Abe like this.
  6. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

@Spaceman see the trouble you've caused? :sulk:

Ant E, Asclepius and Abe like this.
  7. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

You're not universally disliked. We were just making fun of that Tex Rimmer stuff, because it wasn't usual for you.

Please stay...

8. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

I think it was the comment on the cake made by @Bluey that pushed him over the edge!!!!

Nikki the Great likes this.
  9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

@BigOleDummy why do you get the impression that you're almost universally disliked? I think you're misinterpreting people's posts. Don't go running off - I always thought you were a really good poster on here and helped keep the forum active.

Ant E likes this.
  10. Ant E

This is ridiculous. Although I used to make posts like this and then return the following week.... 8-)

11. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

very sad to see you go big ole. I never disliked you, in fact you were one of the people I liked most on the forum. another member driven off by people on here, can't say that i'm that surprised really, its happened plenty of times before,not that anyone on here would have the bottle to admit to it of course. I've lost count of the number of 'innocent' people on here that bad mouth people and then 'take offense' whenever they read anything they don't like

12. Ant E

Help me out here @neilold (just because, ya know, you’re such a strong character with so much “bottle”) who on this forum has taken offence to anything @BigOleDummy has done or said? Name one person...

13. neilold

I don't know, I don't keep track of what everybody does, but something's driven him off hasn't it. Perhaps he's just sick of whatever it is that has upset him.Perhaps you should investigate (because, ya know, you're in such a fine position to call me out, considering you're perfect record on here for ''not upsetting'' anyone)

14. Ant E

To conclude then: you don't know what you're talking about. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I don 't wish to lecture @neilold but for someone who apparently enjoys debate, you really need to think about your arguments before you post them!!!!

Is @BigOleDummy universally liked by absolutely EVERYONE? Probably not, but no more or less than me or any other user (as you've just pointed out). There's a lot of big personalities on this forum. I know plenty of people don't like me on here - just as plenty may not like you. You seem to be implying he has been forced off the site which simply isn't true.

As far as I can see, the only three things anyone has posted recently that may have offended him are:

1. Making a joke about a cake decoration looking like a willy
    2. Referring to an angry, possibly in jest, post toward @Cloud about a crime
    3. Asking why @BigOleDummy went on a Tex Spree on the forum and whether he was drunk

With the possible exception of one of these, I don't think any of it was done with ill intent. But clearly you know more as I have no "bottle", apparently.

PS as it happens, me and BOD have been PMing each other for yonks!!! Not that it's any of your business.!!!

15. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

For the love of Pete, dude, where has this come from?! You're not "universally disliked"! Far from it! You're strong, likeable and popular.
    I don't dislike you, in fact, I positively adore you, and even look forward to your posts, apart from a couple of bits that made me feel worried about you.
    There's no need to leave; take time out, regroup and come back when you feel ready, because there's no sense in just disappearing like this. There were a couple of times when I felt like leaving, of which I won't repeat here, but I just thought: "deep breaths, deep breaths, right, get back in there!"
    Something's clearly upset you.
    Dude, for what it's worth, this will probably fall on deaf ears, but this fine establishment would not be the same without you. I mean it.

Ant E likes this.
  16. neilold

well perhaps he's just imagining his offence then. Amazing, I can hardly believe it's possible. Several members on here have left, leaving reason that they've being hounded out. But it turns out that they were probably all wrong, and once again, it seems Big Ole had no reason to be offended. I Don't know Ant, it's like some weird twilight zone where everybody that leaves must have being wrong or misinterpreted things. To conclude then, yes, I'm definitely wrong, it must be my 'bottle' or something.

17. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

Nikki the Great and Abe like this.
  18. Ant E

So who has been "hounded out"??? I am genuinely asking... You seem to be implying I have forced BigOleDummy out??

In my entire time on this forum I can name one person who said they were leaving directly because of me... and four years later he is back and we get on fine. So who recently has been forced out?

Although only one person on the forum currently has a warning, and it aint me.

19. Ant E

More silence from the master of silence.

20. Spaceman

Spaceman Supply Officer

[​IMG]

DUMMY!!!!!!

Don't go leaving Spaceman, Spaceman wants you to stay. Let Spaceman tell you how much he likes you Dummy. Spaceman was planning a new topic where you and Spaceman have wresling match to determine who has the #1 butt on the forum!!! And Spaceman had a wrestling rap song ready :-(

Don't make a spaceman cry :-(

[​IMG]

And Spaceman only just abducted Neil. And we all need to watch the My Little Pony movie together!

Spaceman might even make u a special video!!!

Do not leave us!!!!!!!

[​IMG]