A New Series After BTE

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Rageofangels, May 8, 2009.

1. Rageofangels

Rageofangels First Technician

If the decision is made to make a new series (and I hope they do), how long would Dave take to do the series? I know that's a bit like "How long is a piece of string?" but being how quickly they got BTE up and running, and all the actors seem pretty keen to get back into their old boots, do you reckon that a new series will be ready some time next year?

Personally I'm not concerned with a big budget, but would rather have lots of dialogue going on in their living quarters. Bring back Holly, talky toaster, the scutters, the vending machine, heck maybe even make a few new ones. RD was at its best when it was on a banter level, yeh sure big monsters and lots of noise is okay once in a while, but pure undiluted dialogue is where the comedy is really at (to me, anyway)

RAGE

2. plagiarize

plagiarize Third Technician

if they do indeed decide to make a series (which probably won't be decided before we see the DVD sales figures) i personally hope that they take a little longer prepping the series and shooting it and all that than they did for the specials. obviously i have no idea of the contractual obligations of the actors, or how urgent it is for Dave to get original content on screen, and i don't know how much of those things influenced how fast the specials happened, but i personally think the specials were good inspite of their scheduling and that a lot of the legitimate complaints people have would have potentially been solved by either a bit more money and more time to polish the script, and more time to shoot the thing.