A poll.. BtE funny or not

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dynamostia, Apr 11, 2009.

1. mellow_n_dark

mellow_n_dark First Technician

Yes so far very funny!

2. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

Whats the scores, George Daws?

3. SCIFIGEEK

SCIFIGEEK Third Technician

VERY FUNNY, LOVE RED DWARF.:lol:

4. Archdoodler

Archdoodler Skutter

That feeling of isolation and the strong undercurrent of 'Oh GOD we're still on this bloody ship' in the first episode was excellent, and I think it's a natural progression of how their story should be told. These specials also give a bit of resolution as well so it's obviously not going to be as hilarious as the earlier stuff. What's happened before is nothing as serious as what they're facing now, so the tone is obviously different.

In saying that I do feel the editing could be a little bit sharper. And I think broadcasting it as a feature length thing would improve the pacing.

5. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    I'm glad you said that Andrew. I cant believe people are judging the whole thing after only seeing one or two parts of it. You need to see the whole episode before you can make decisions. If I would of done the same thing I would of said part 1 was rubbish becuse I didnt have a clue as to what was going on. Now ive seen part 2 I'm starting to get it. I think its genius and I cant wait to see part 3.

6. ohdear

ohdear Third Technician

No, awful.

7. ohdear

ohdear Third Technician

No, awful.

8. JEZZMUND

JEZZMUND First Technician

undoubtedly yes

9. bar10dr

bar10dr Third Technician

Just watched ep2, too much blah not enough funny, I think the problem is trying to get so much story in such a little time frame.

But there's more too, the magic just isn't there, the actors are just fine - excellent, the acting is not the problem, but the script is just not the quality I expected, its all about trying to progress the story instead of delivering jokes, this should have been a homage to the series, not a race to make a point/end.

Sadly I'm not sold, I really wanted it to work though :-(

I might change my mind with the last episode though, but I doubt it.