A proposal: live parlour games night!

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, Nov 18, 2017.

1. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Mar 22, 2009
    Lately we've had a few more people using the chatroom, which has been fun. One of the things we do in there is play parlour games. The favourites are:

Charades. This works surprisingly well in text - e.g

player1 draws a square on the air
    player2: tv show
    player1 nods and holds up two fingers
    player1 holds up one finger and tugs his ear
    player2: two words

player3: first word sounds like...
    player1 shivers uncontrollably
    player3: cold?
    player2: shake?
    player1 nods at player2 but mimes "longer"
    player2: sounds like shaking?
    player1 nods, etc..

Hangman. The approved format for the clue is _ E _ / D _ A R _ . The hangman is made of ascii, like so: |---o<-< (like many of the new-fangled "emoticons", you have to view it sideways for it to make sense).

Guess Who I Am.
    One player imagines themselves to be a celebrity. The others ask questions that can be answered "yes" or "no". The first person to guess the celebrity is the winner.

I Spy. Actually quite hard in a chatroom, but we've tried posting links to pictures and I Spying on them. Sort of like a cross between I Spy and Where's Wally. I think we could play this one more, actually.

Guess What Dick Is Singing.
    Dick is a regular chatter who sometimes comes in after his big night out. He drunkenly posts song lyrics, line by line, but they get absolutely mangled by his phone's auto-correct. You have to work out what the song is.

So, I'm going to suggest a "games night", open to all-comers. A Thursday would be best if we wanted to fit in a round or two of Guess What Dick Is Singing. The chatroom we use is here. Expressions of interest in this thread please!
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Asclepius, Abe, FeeBee and 2 others like this.
  2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

May 14, 2012
    Good idea :-) Where do I sign up?
    Abe and jmc2000 like this.
  3. Underdunn

Underdunn Catering Officer

Sep 23, 2016
    The games make me very happy.
    Abe, Nikki the Great and jmc2000 like this.
  4. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Jan 4, 2016
    Skull Island (it is not a duck)
    Hope you all have fun with these and get a good turn out. That is my Friday morning and I don't know yet what work will be like this week and will only have a little bit before work if I do pop in.
  5. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

Jan 4, 2013
    I'm up for it but Thursday night it tricky, I'll be in late.