A reminder re: forum etiquette

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Seb, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Hi all,

As there seem to be a healthy number of new users frequenting the forum, and this conference in particular, at the moment, I thought it would be good to give a quick reminder of our rules regarding etiquette when talking to other posters.

The full guide can be found here, but broadly the main thing I'd like to stress is that people watch their language. The guidelines regarding which words are and aren't acceptable - which should basically be considered as in line with what would be acceptable for the TV series to do - should be taken in tandem with a general attitude that abuse of others, whether they're on this forum or off it, is not permitted. We'd also like to discourage the practice of swearing-by-censorship - i.e. using asterisks but still making it clear that you intend to use an otherwise-banned word. If possible we'd prefer you think a bit more carefully about the way you express yourself, instead.

A few discussions have got a bit heated recently, and I'd just like to ensure that things are kept as civil as possible. Respect your fellow fans - ALL of them - is the main message here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.