A thought about Rimmer

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by EternusNex, Apr 8, 2009.

1. EternusNex

EternusNex Third Technician

Is it just me or does Rimmer in the BTE trailers look wrong? Its hard to explain but to me he looks like the Virtual Reality Rimmer from The Rimmer Experience in Blue.

What does everyone else think?

2. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

probably as his body looks the same, but his head looks abnormally larger due to erm..... how shall we say, hologramatic aging. ;-)

in case you misinterpreted that, receding hairline=larger head.

3. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

It's not really receding is it? It's just shorter.

TBH I think he looks exactly like Rimmer. If you look at series IV, he has just as short hair in some episodes. Plus he always comments on how short hair is the best hair.

He looks a bit older but not too old. And frankly, we all do!

4. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

He did look a bit odd today when I saw him in London. I realised it was actually due to the make up, something that'll be less obvious on screen of course (since that's what it's there for.) His hair had loads of gel in it. More so that I'd normally see on screen. Again that could be a 'real world lighting perspective' or maybe they added a bit him being out for a while and all. (They had their premier after the shooting after all.)

5. Deviblue

Deviblue Second Technician

I think a lot of the early photos we've seen form the specials made him look a lot older for some reason, he looks fine in these clips. Maybe something happens as part of the story.

Anyway seeing Barrie on the BBC this morning made me realise he's slowly turning into Exeter from 'This Island Earth'

6. mrtrebus

mrtrebus Second Technician

:lol::lol:

7. CJ_MAK

CJ_MAK Deck Sergeant

Chris definately looks better and younger in the clips of the specials in comparison to the early photos of the cast together on the set of Coronation Street. I wouldn't read too much into it though It's probably the make up and studio lighting which better's his appearance.

8. Windfola

Windfola Third Technician

Personally, apart from being a little older of course, I don't think he really looks all that different. I looked through a lot of photos (such a chore... *cough*) and threw these montages together to compare. Sure he's wearing makeup in the new ones, but he is in the old ones too, so the comparison is fair. I also included a couple of candid photos, including an out of costume one from Bobby, in the 'now' collection to show him a little more realistically than the promo photos.

Then
    [​IMG]

Now
    [​IMG]

See? He's still sexy. ;-)