A Very Smeggy Christmas - is Xmas special an idea

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by mullauna, Dec 1, 2012.

1. mullauna

mullauna Third Technician

Does anyone think GNP/Dave should produce a Red Dwarf Christmas special someday?

2. CharlieTeague

CharlieTeague First Technician

No because if we get another special then it'll establish more off screen events which will make no sense and leave the show floating in an ocean of uncertainty and we'll miss out on another series having to accept that Doug never finishes what he starts and that we have to miss out on yet another series in favor of a disappointing and confusing not so-special! I'd rather have no special and then series 11 in 2014 than another not so-special and then series 12 despite there being no series 11!

3. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

4. Ianjk78

Ianjk78 Second Technician

I don't think it will affect it at all. I think they can agree to a christmas special
    and a new series. I'm all for it.

5. AlexVS

AlexVS Third Technician

I should just hasten to add that GNP played no part in this. It's something that Bill put together under his own steam and not under commission. What makes it significant is the model work that was done for the pitch and the fact that some of it would go on to be used in Series X.

6. ghastly98

ghastly98 First Technician

'Tis decently written, but it breaks the numero uno rule of Red Dwarf: No Aliens.

7. ghastly98

ghastly98 First Technician

'Tis decently written, but it breaks the numero uno rule of Red Dwarf: No Aliens.

8. thubay5

thubay5 Skutter