Aarrgghh!!!!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by PaddyC84, Jan 24, 2012.

1. PaddyC84

PaddyC84 Second Technician

Once again I have had some smartarse post comments on a different website for TV discussion and they have posted details of the episode/s they saw being filmed without spoiler warning. I swear, I may just stay offline permanently until later in the year as I don't think I'm gonna react too well if I stumble across any more information of the new series before I've watched it. Why can't people just keep their mouths (or in this case keyboards) shut? :evil:

2. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

Oh great that's put the future audience of Red Dwarf at stake.

EDIT: I think I just found what you are talking about... If its on digitalspy forums I think he was refering to back to earth not a new episode

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

and to be fair even if it was a spoiler i dont see how you can make any sense out of 2 words like that which dont really tell you anything at all

its not a step by step guide of an episode

4. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I've actually seen nothing by way of spoilers....with the exception of a guest star who tweeted to the world he was in it...

I'm really impressed. But there is still a long way to go...

5. PaddyC84

PaddyC84 Second Technician

It doesn't have to be, "those two words" could have easily been the theme of the episode or a major plot point of an episode, and would be quite major spoilers considering the two words they were and their meaning, why would anyone think something like that would be a minor detail in an episode or something? (I now understand the person was probably referring to BTE so it's fine, I can relax a bit!).

I don't want to know ANYTHING about the new series until it is broadcast on TV. Sadly, I do know some things about the first episode recorded thanks to someone on another website but I haven't thought about that in a while and am hoping I will have totally forgotten about it by the time the show is broadcast. I only hope between now and the autumn I do not encounter any more news, apart from the offical teaser stuff we are given on here.

6. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I too do not want to know anything about them until broadcast, but understand that the odd minor detail may slip through the net. I also enjoy the teasing set pictures, etc.

The best advice I could give you to remain absolutely spoiler free would be to stop going on Red Dwarf websites and forums where the new series is being discussed. :-p

7. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I didn't know you read

8. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I must be ok , because i can't read.
    Seriously though, this is why for any Red Dwarf related material I only chech this place.

9. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Agreed. I've been pleasently surprised at how well things have gone so far. I felt almost certain some smart arse would come on here (or post elsewhere) boasting at what they know about the series.

I just love being proved wrong in cases like this :-) Lets just hope some smeg head doesn't bring said concerns to life though..:-)

10. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I don't really read DigitalSpy so it won't affect me so much.

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

You might want to keep clear of Red Dwarf's Wikipedia entry as I've just seen a spoiler (presuming it's correct) regarding casting that I presume somebody who's been to the recordings added. I suppose I was asking for trouble reading a page about Red Dwarf on a website that doesn't appear to prohibit spoilers.

12. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

I just had a quick look (i only skimmed it) and couldn't see anything of that nature, perhaps it's been removed now? Wiki admins (along with many 'unofficial' individuals/readers) are much better at doing that than i think many give them credit for these days, although things do still go misssed of course, but they're only human after all.

Even through i myself have had the odd lighthearted pop at wikipedia for it's inaccuricies, it's not the fault of the organisation itself of course. The basic open source design is a great concept, and is certainly a true democracy in a world with very little of that in real terms...it's just a shame certain individuals can't be trusted to do their research before hand, and a shame some tend to puposely spread misinformation as is occasionally the case...much like tv and encylopedias in libraries then really...other than the worryingly dangerous fact that the majority tend to simply blindly believe anything from the latter sources (other than religious stuff..unless they're religious of course) without doing their own reseach outside of the status quo belief system.

Aaaaand that little tangent shall end right there before i slip into seccond gear ;-).

13. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

No, it's still there. It's very easy to miss if you don't know where to look.

My instincts tell me it's a genuine spoiler, but, as I said, maybe somebody just added it after hearing a rumour.

14. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Good Boy. Have a sticker...

[​IMG]

15. CaptnDan

CaptnDan Third Technician

Don't forget Wikipedia can be instantly edited by anyone, so

1. It's likely that any spoilers on Red Dwarf articles there aren't actually coming from those who attended the recordings. (I have faith in them to keep the secrets!)

2. You can quickly and easily remove it from the article yourself if you see anything (you can put the reason as 'no source for info' as they won't be able to prove where they got their facts from until broadcast)

16. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Well I've looked over twice now and can see nothing suspicious...

17. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

Its been removed by the looks of it.

18. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Yes, it's gone now.

19. CaptnDan

CaptnDan Third Technician

If it helps you to feel unspoiled at all, the user who added that "spoiler" was from Richmond, Australia - so it's highly unlikely they were at any of the recordings...

20. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I feel slightly less spoiled. Still, it was a curious thing to add if it's not true.