Aarrgghh!!!!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by PaddyC84, Jan 24, 2012.

1. CaptnDan

CaptnDan Third Technician

Bluey - You'd think that.... but who knows how the mind of someone posting fake spoilers work? Hehe.

Maybe that's why they picked something that subtle, specific, and obscure? More believable that way, I guess.

My money's on them reading G&T's episode 5 set report, adding 2 + 2 and getting 5.

2. CaptnDan

Oh absolutely, but I think they'll have trouble satisfactorily referencing anything for now, outside of official press releases and cast/crew male-chicken-ups.

3. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

I've no idea what the spoiler was, and feel no inclination to find out, but weren't some of the visual effects in BTE done by an Australian company? So, someone in Australia wouldn't necessarily have had to have been at a recording in order to have seen footage of the show.

4. CaptnDan

Ah yes... this is true. fxphd I think..

Bit of a risky thing to do though, as it won't be hard for the production team to establish if their effects team is leaking. And come down on them hard.

5. supercat

supercat Console Officer

There was a guy from "South Germany" in the audience for the 4th recording... He had made the trip especially I think. I know it's not quite the same distance, but it's still a fairly big commitment. People come from far and wide for the conventions too, so why not for the recording?

6. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I met a guy at Berkely Square during the BTE premier event thingy, he had flown all the way from Australia for it. That's dedication.

7. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Oh yeah?.....Well I met this guy....from the moon....and he'd only come for the second recording.....And he he wasn't even a fan of the show, so nurrrr!:-D

8. supercat

supercat Console Officer

See? So it is possible... Just. :-)

9. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Yep. I had an girl with an Aussie accent speak to me at that same event. (Mind you I'm not sure if she came especially or if she was staying in London. I just got my six foot frame out of the way so she could see the guys.)

10. Cruel Slayer

Was she wearing a 'Wetherspoons' t-shirt? Sorry, that's terrible of me. Couldn't resist.

11. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Don't get it. Unless you meant Walkabout. Then I get it... Har di Har :-p ;-)

12. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Me neither. Or the Walkabout reference... although I suppose Google could be my friend there.

13. Cruel Slayer

If she does bar work, she's staying in London and hasn't travelled from Australia for the recording.

14. Cruel Slayer

PS Ive just got around to googling Walkabout. I hadn't heard of it before. But, Aussies in the UK are known for doing bar work. I'm sure it's an unfair racial stereotype, which is why I apologised after I said it.

15. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Nah. Walkabout is an Australian themed bar... And I don't ever remember being served by anyone who wasn't Australian. So not an unfair stereotype but the truth!

16. profligate

profligate Skutter

There's a similar stereotype in British Columbia, (the province in Canada where I live). Aussies are known here for working at ski resorts. Also, "walkabout" is a more generic term than being the name of a bar. It's also an Australian aboriginee ideal, translated to English, where a person travels around finding themself.

17. Cruel Slayer

The only 'Walkabout' near me is this place, which is just a gift shop. I didn't know about the Aussie bar. Sounds interesting.

18. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Not really. It's just painted yellow and green and has Aussie bar staff.

[​IMG]

19. potatojunkie

potatojunkie First Technician

And it only seems to sell Aussie beer. I did try a kangaroo burger in there once tho. Tasty!!

20. Cruel Slayer

No Newcastle Brown Ale, then?:shock: I almost tried a kangaroo burger in a pub once, but in the end didn't. So ends my amusing kangaroo burger anecdote.