after watching again, the effects are great

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Shroud, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I mean the ship looks good and the green screen corridors I couldnt have even told without watching some of the other stuff and seeing the green screen in the background instead of the corridor.

But that scutter is crap. It really is awful. One of the faulty old originals would have been better but it is off putting how terrible that scutter looks.

2. jacksolomonsmith

jacksolomonsmith First Technician

The skutter looks 2d but, the normal model skutters cost £37,000 or something horrible. I didn't even get the visual joke at first because i was concentrating on how plastic it looked, oh well i couldn't have done better.

3. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

Skutter looks good to me, and knowing it was Danny adds a bit of fun to it.

4. jacksolomonsmith

jacksolomonsmith First Technician

i would have like it if they put a model skutter face on dans hand and just cgi'd his arm to look like the skutter neck!

5. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

It has finally struck me what the problem with the skutter is: it's too quick, smooth, and polished. The skutters were always slow, semi-stupid things that never did what was wanted of them from the crew. Even the old glove-puppets were done in a slower manner, whereas now it's just too smegging fast and non-skutterish. It's lost some of its old charm as a result.

I miss the days when they could not manage a smooth movement and would try to stab Lister in the eye when trying to take his temperature, or was completely unable to stab a figment of Lister's imagination with a hypodermic because it was just too slow and jerky.

6. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

You're right they do look very smooth, almost liquid in their movements (especially the flip.)

I thought they looked very realistic though in appearance. I thought the skutter CGI was great overall and I really don't get the dislike over it. I sometimes wonder if it's just people's knowledge that it's CGI informing their opinions in some cases. (Not Cloud neccesarily as he likes the rest of the CGI.)

7. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I just thought it looked weird. Like it clearly wasnt there. I liked the rest, the corridors and the Ship itself.