Aigburth Arms?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by kaledboy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. kaledboy

kaledboy Skutter

Afternoon All!

A colleague of mine here in Liverpool claimed that he'd seen Dwarf filming at the Aigburth Arms in Liverpool (which is obviously where baby Lister was left)...is there any truth to this?

2. Snipofsmeg

Snipofsmeg First Technician

The last time I went to the Aigburth Arms was on a meet up from the fa club forums shortley after the roleplaying game was brought out, but there certainley is enough room there to film in. Hopefully they took the toilet seat out of the tree what we thought roband doug might have sat on while writing RD.

:shock:

3. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

No, it's not remotely true that we went up to Liverpool to film a pub interior. Or anything else.

4. admuz

admuz Second Technician

The Aigburth Arms was named after a real pub? Nice :-D

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

According to the Red Dwarf Programme Guide, Rob and Doug used to frequent the place when they were at Liverpool University.

6. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

But you were at a pub on Coronation Street. Was it rebranded the Aigburth Arms for the day's filming I wonder?

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I think the huge words on the front saying 'Rovers Return' might be a problem there...

8. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

They could very easily put up a sign over the orginal. TV companies do that on normal high streets all the time. The photo could have just been taken before or after filming.

9. geekrock82

geekrock82 Second Technician

It seems a lot of effort to specifically hire out the Corrie set, with easily the most recognisable pub interior in the country, in order to pretend it's something else, though, wouldn't you say?

Also, the fact that they filmed a pub interior in Manchester doesn't contradict Andrew's comment that they didn't film a pub interior in Liverpool...

10. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

^ This.

11. kaledboy

kaledboy Skutter

Sorry for the false alarm folks, it seems that Andrew's flat refutal debunks my source! Thanks Andrew!

On a related note though, my best guess is that the Corrie setting is in an alternative reality game and a bit of a red herring for the viewers...seeing Craig Charles there as lloyd, but it's revealed it's in fact Lister playing a game. Oh well, just an idea! They said it's only a small part of the story!

12. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Your friend is clearly a liar. Sorry.

Pumpkinikki likes this.