All change time?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by mtullock, Dec 26, 2017.

1. mtullock

mtullock First Technician

So....
    Series 1 and 2 were in the grey bunk rooms
    Series 3,4 and 5 were in officers quarters
    Series 6 and 7 were in star bug
    Series 8 was in hell....i mean prison ;-)
    Series 9 was in cgi
    Series 10 11 and 12 were in red rooms

Are we about to see the longest surviving sets in series history or set for another change? Would you want it or for the money to be put to use else where?

2. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Was it? If you're talking about back to earth, that was the same set they're using now, just with a different coat of paint, an extra wall or two, and all sorts of different props. I think the differenc in bunkrooms between X and XI was actually fairly big (it's so much less pale now), but I wouldn't mind a big switch-up in bunkrooms for XIII.

3. mtullock

mtullock First Technician

Ok in was being a little silly with the cgi but it's effectively a different room (whether they reused bits or not) and lightness aside it's supposed to bethe same room in 10,11 and 12. I have never really dug the new quarters (or drive room) but like the science room.

Abe likes this.
  4. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I wouldn't mind having a break from Red Dwarf being entirely red, blue, and pale purple. I wouldn't mind just a slightly redone science room set, but the bunk is absolutely what needs changing up next. Quite frankly, I can't see them not doing it, although budget clearly sometimes has to go other places.

5. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

I love the recent sets: sleeping quarters, science room, corridors, Starbug, but I would like to remove tge harsh blue light everywhere. This was terrible in XI, it got bit better in XII, but the sets would look so amazing without it.

I would also like to see Starbug cocpit and mid-section connected, without that massive green-yellow door.