All time favorite moments

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by SoC00L_L, Mar 26, 2012.

1. SoC00L_L

SoC00L_L Third Technician

Which are your all time favorite moments from Red Dwarf? Or just name your favorite moment from every single episode or series :-)

2. Presuming Ken

Presuming Ken Deck Sergeant

I have weird ones. Ones that others wouldn't consider classic moments. But anyway:

Balance of Power: "Leave it.............................alone."

Me2: The bit where Rimmer is shouting at the Skutters to paint "UP AND DOWN". And Lister comes to the door and says he's not been to bed yet. Lister is my kinda guy. Beer in hand, five in the morning and had a goosd night in his sleeping quarters.

Better Than Life: They go into the game and just walk through a dimly-lit park and into the big wooden doors. Love it.

Thanks for the Memory: The late night scene after the death party. Lister sits drinking and Rimmer eats a triple fried egg sandwich with chili sauce and chutney.

Stasis Leak: The Ganymede Hotel with those amazing android porters.

Parallel Universe: The pub disco scene.

3. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

1. Teaching Kryten to lie. What a way to start off a new series. 'It's an orrrrr.....' :lol: Cracks me up every time.

2. Time-disrupted conversations between Lister and Rimmer in Future Echoes. I love time paradoxes and all that kinda stuff.

3. Dogs' milk!

4. Not funny, but in Back to Reality when it starts cutting back to the ship and you find out what's happening then Holly transmits on a higher frequency to Kryten and saves the day, well it gives me goosebumps. Excellosmeggintastic 8)

4. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

"Not really... I need it to turn the lights on and off!"
    "Or we could just use the teleporter."
    "That was going to be our song. But I never found anyone to share it with. So now it's just my song."
    "Nah. I'm pretty cool. I don't take any smeg, and even though I'm disgusting, sometimes I can be quite brave."
    "My god... I was only away two minutes!"
    "Sirs, they've taken Mr. Rimmer!" "Quick, let's get out of here before they bring him back!"
    "All in all, a hundred per cent successful trip!" "But sir, we lost Mr. Rimmer!" "All in all, a hundred per cent successful trip!"
    "Perhaps Lister here would like to open a bottle of wine for Lister and Lister! Rimmer here doesn't drink because he's dead, but I wouldn't mind a glass!"
    "[CENSORED LINE OF DIALOGUE FROM RED DWARF X EPISODE 6]"

5. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

You teasing smegger!!! =P

6. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Ain't I a stinker?

I'm not kidding, though. That line is already one of my all time favourite moments, without question. You'll all understand exactly why when you see it.

7. Rageofangels

Rageofangels First Technician

One of the funniest moments, and seems to go under the radar a bit, is on the Episode "Holoship". Holoship is incidentally one of my least favourite episodes, but it has probably one of my favourite ever sketches in a RD show. And that is Rimmer's leaving speech. As it was on recently on Dave I thought I'd repost it...

"Over the years I've come to regard you... as... people... I met."

Absolute classic, and deserving of a much louder laugh than it got!

RAGE

8. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

Ahh! That'll be the one when ...

Dash! I've been sworn to secrecy ;-)

Yep - very good, classic Dwarf (if it's the one I'm thinking of)

9. Carrie TORDFC

Carrie TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

I'm actually struggling to think of which line from series X, episode 6 you're talking about! There were so many laugh out loud moments....

....unless it's the one where...? ;-)

10. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I've been racking what passes for my brains for something to post in this thread since it started. I've decided my favourite moment is probably Holly's 'April Fool' about Lister's sausages and the NORWEB federation. Just for a moment, in a few lines, a whole new universe was created with a poverty stricken, mould covered Earth oppressed by a fleet of NORWEB warships, all derived from Dave Lister's three-million year stasis, all brought into being so Holly could scare the life out of Lister.

11. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

It's the very last line of the episode and, thus, of Series X. Perfection.

12. Carrie TORDFC

Carrie TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

> It's the very last line of the episode and, thus, of Series X. Perfection.

Oh, most definitely. A lovely moment to go out on!

13. snodgrass

snodgrass Third Technician

Probably the bit where Lister "changes the voice" in Thanks for the Memory...."and I love you Lise!"

Also in the same episode where Rimmer says "I started to treat her really badly" and Lister pipes up indignantly "NO you didn't!!"

Just brilliant.

14. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Here's one I bet many won't bring up, but I found it very funny.* The exchange between Lister and Kochanski on the ship hiding from the simulant and his crew.

After Kochanski's rubbish joke about 'Hu'. (Not exact wording. This is from memory.)

Kochanski: People would be rolling in the aisles at the conferences at a quip like that!

Lister: Probably trying to get out before you 'quipped' again.

*I wouldn't go as far as to say it's my favourite moment in Red Dwarf, but I don't think I have one favourite as such.

15. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I made a slightly involuntary high pitched noise when that line was said.

16. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I'll be listening hard to hear you in the laughter track ;-)

17. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

The first half of Kryten is fantastic. From Rimmer learning Esperanto to the moment of first finding out about the damsels in distress, all the way through to the actual meeting of the damsels. Including Krytens "You're that sure they're dead?" line. I love that whole Season/Series opener.

18. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

"Psst! If it's any help, I've been studying his tactics and there's a pattern emerging. Every time you make a move, he makes one too!"
    - Cat, 'Queeg'

19. IoHouse

IoHouse First Technician

I cant explain it but Ive always liked the moments in Series 8 BITR 3 where Rimmer and Lister are standing in front of Hollister and Rimmer does his salute and Lister just waves. I just love those scenes. :-)

20. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I actually think that's one of the best gags of series VIII. It contrasts Rimmer's false pomposity with Lister's casual honesty very well.