All time favorite moments

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by SoC00L_L, Mar 26, 2012.

1. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Hmm... here are some of mine:

The End - "should never have let him out in the first place..."

Better Than Life - arriving in the game, such an impressive scene

Inquisitor - "Whilst I'm talking to you now, the Inquisitor jumps me from behind like this!"

Quarantine - most of the episode, but especially the Potato King stuff and "What shall we do to them Mr Flibble? We couldn't possibly do that... who'd clear up the mess?"

Trojan - "no, we just hosed him down and gave him a hat", and the crew decked out in Space Corps gear walking to the Trojan, Top Gun-style

Stoke Me A Clipper - Ace surfing down on the crocodile

Out Of Time - the whole ending. Great bit of the episode with some excellent music - pity it didn't go on longer

Only The Good - "not today matey", as Rimmer knees Death in the groin and runs away

Meltdown - call me sick, but I get a perverse pleasure watching various famous characters from history get blown up

The Last Day - Hudzen scanning the crew members, before determining Lister barely human and a viable target, as well as the hangover scene

2. lidders2k

lidders2k Second Technician

In quarantine: "I have a medium sized fire axe embedded in my spinal column.....that sort of thing can put a serious crimp on your day"

Rimmer's trial in Justice

Rimmer's explanation of why the days are missing in Thanks For The Memory

The whole of Me2 but especially "we don't have to put up with this anymore....your total slobbyness, your socks that set off the sprinkler system"

Ace Rimmer riding the crocodile

3. Rue_Dwarf

Rue_Dwarf Supply Officer

One of my fave bits is in 'Legion', when Kryten tries to knock out Rimmer, who then tries by hitting his own head on the wall whilst Kryten beats him from behind xD Simple things :-p

4. Goit_84

Goit_84 First Technician

I always LOVE the reveals of the evil Red Dwarf posse in Demons and Angels.

Insane Nega-Kryten bursting through the wall strangling Lister is brilliant but it's the look on Lister's face when he sees Nega-Rimmer - the build up to Rimmer's appearance, the music, the line "Hello my pretty" and the audience roar of laughter is Red Dwarf at it's absolute best.

Angelic Rimmer's dance in that episode cracks me up too.

5. MisterBuch

MisterBuch Second Technician

My all time favourite moment, for whatever reason, is probably when Rimmer chalks his hands after the fistfight in Gunmen of the Apocalypse and goes, "Marvellous!"

6. Goit_84

Goit_84 First Technician

I like the bits in Season 2 where Rimmer spends his free time practising his salute, just having a conversation while doing a double Rimmer salute looking all smug in the mirror. Cracks me up.

7. MisterBuch

MisterBuch Second Technician

I really like the end of Queeg - the little emotional bit where Holly says his goodbyes.

8. tidus13

tidus13 Third Technician

Not sure what my funniest bit is but one bit I love (and doesn't get a laugh) is in Meltdown.

After Elvis has caught Cat and Lister, Kryten is talking to them saying sorry, you hear Rimmer hysterically yell KRYTTENNNN!!!!!! The way he shouts it is so funny.

I also love in Future Echoes the delivery of the lines:

Lister don't be a gimboid

I'm not being a gimboid!

9. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

Evil Rimmer - I'm going to lash you to within a inch of you life, then I'm going to have you!" :shock:

10. lemonhead

lemonhead Second Technician

I agree with this, totally. Whilst it's not my favourite episode of Series V, I never tire of watching it. I love the emergence of the Lows!

11. Angelic_Storm

Angelic_Storm Catering Officer

Demons And Angels is a very underrated episode in my opinion. The dance performed by the High Cat and the High Rimmer is hilarious, especially along with the High Lister's musing: "It flits like a firefly through the cold night of the soul...
    Teasing, confusing..." lol :-) There are a lot of memorable lines and scenes in that episode, and the initial appearance of the Low Rimmer is probably one of the highlights of Dwarf as a whole, on a par with Mr Flibble, and the shrinking underpants scene.

I'm amazed nobody has mentioned the classic ending sequence in "Timeslides" when Rimmer exclaims "I am alive!", and then delivers the immortal line: "Kryten! Unpack Rachel, and get out the puncture repair kit!" xD

12. Angelic_Storm

In years to come, I really hope this is remembered as one of the truly classic Red Dwarf scenes, as it definitely deserves to be. The premise of it on it's own is great, but what really elevates to classic comedy status for me, is Lister with the phone in his hand, then holding it up to his ear... in he context of the episode as a whole, that really is classic stuff! Wonderful scene. :-)

13. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

That struck me when I saw it again the other day.* As a comedy parody scene it's amusing as, out of context, it looks like Lister is a professional type, on a mission, keeping in contact with the ship. When in fact... yes amusing stuff.

*Incidentally, off-topic, but while my initial reception of the series was rather mixed (although veering towards positive) on a re-watch of the series I'm finding it better.

14. Angelic_Storm

Precisely! It works on two levels, and is funny taken in or out of context. Whether that was Doug's intention or not, I'm unsure. But either way, it is definitely one of the stand out scenes in series X, and is arguably, worthy of a spot amongst the all time great Dwarf scenes. :-)

*My intitial reception of the series was also very mixed, and right now I'm on series X, ending my latest Red Dwarf marathon. xD I did like Trojan when I first saw it, but every subsequent time I've watched it, it's gradually risen further and further in my estimation. I actually now am of the opinion, that it is probably worthy of standing alongside the series I-VI episodes. Now, it's going to be interesting to see whether my opinions on Entangled and Dear Dave changes at all, as I found both of those episodes overall, to be very poor when I watched them a a few weeks ago. I've watched all the other series X episodes now multiple times aside from those 2.

15. lidders2k

lidders2k Second Technician

Been watching series X again and have to add the charades scene where cat tries to get a message across...

"that's not two words"....then the delivery of the "when it happened I said Oh Man!" was perfect from DJJ. Probably the moment in X I laughed at the most.

16. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

A somewhat obscure moment that I absolutely love is Rimmer scalding Kryten for saying 'launch scouter' then smugly saying it himself only to be completely ignored by Cat, who then leaps to attention 'eye eye SIR' when Kryten asks him again.

Funny thing is I can hardly remember which episode thats from, I know its at the start and I think Series 5.

17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

That's from near the beginning of Quarantine. I like it too. It's a good bit of dialogue.

18. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Ah Quarantine of course, that makes sense, thanks.

19. mtullock

mtullock First Technician

dogs milk
    Norweb
    last line of Dear Dave
    the discussion of lister loosing his virginity
    Cat in front of the mirror in Kryten
    the reveal of the skeletons in Kryten (along with the McNugget line)
    He's a dog
    the cat with the map in Trojan

I could go on and on, but all bar 3 are from series 2 lol

The worst bit of Series x is the last few lines by Crawford (trying to be spoiler free here) poor delivery IMO

20. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Fish!
    Today's fish is Trout a la creme. Enjoy your meal!
    Fish!
    Fish!
    Fish!
    Fish!
    "I will!"