Alternative Episode Orders

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by SixthDwarfer, Sep 13, 2009.

1. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

I've just finished watching 'Blue' and I've realised something. It seems to naturally follow on from 'Ouroboros' than 'Duct Soup' does. For example:

- The episode begins with Kochanski looking for a new opening to the dimensional bridge that led to her being stranded in the Dwarfers universe, something we don't see really mentioned in other episodes.

- Kryten opens his little rant about underpants with "as it seems you may be with us sometime..." before going on to state his laundry regulations. This sounds like to me that she's been a 'guest' for a short amount of time and only now does it look like she'll be with them for a long time.

- Kochanski attends her first Games Night which is implied to be a weekly event. Again, this suggests that she's only been on Starbug a few days.

- In 'Duct Soup' Kochanski has spent enough time on Starbug to time and record down to the second the various noises that the waste pipes make. This to me implies that she has spent many horrible nights sleeping next to them.

- Also she seems to know that the day Kryten does her laundry has become a popular event. It's enough times for Cat to become a regular attendant.

- between 'Ouroboros' and this episode they have managed to salvage supplies from another derelict. This is where Lister finds the dress for Kochanski. Seeing as he expects her to still be with them in time for her birthday, and the fact that she lost hope of returning to her Dave in 'Blue' it seems to fit nicely as coming after 'Blue'.

In conclusion, I feel Series 7 would run better thus:

Tikka to Ride
    Stoke Me a Clipper
    Ouroboros
    Blue
    Duct Soup
    Beyond a Joke
    Nanarchy
    Epideme

2. Baxters_Hooch

Baxters_Hooch Supply Officer

You're right. It probably stems from the fact that Duct Soup was a last minute fill-in for the lost Cat episode...

3. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

Plus it keeps Rimmer's appearance up through the series so I guess he hardly seems missing at all.