Am I the only one who likes season 7?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Baxters_Hooch, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Ahhh weird seeing this thread again. Times have changed.

Simulant37 and I were talking (no more - although he's never explained why).
    Kenneth and I were arguing (no more - top bloke - only one who ever PM's me).

BUT putting aside the derailing and squabbles from last year, I would say Series 7 was a pretty damn good reboot. I have never understood the hate for it when the said complaints largely compile of "the SFX are smeg..." or "The set are too clean"!!

What ruined it was Chris Barrie not being in it. Had he stayed, and had that Cat episode been made, it would have been a great series. I rank it was my third favourite series... (behind 5 and 6) just not enough Rimmer for my liking.

Having caught episodes of Backwards and Bodyswap last night - I couldn't get over how awful they were. Maybe they had just dated but they didn't make me laugh once. I may be killed for saying this, but they reminded me of the calibre of comedy seen in series 8!!!

2. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Well Ant(E), that's a pretty good report as far as I'm concerned. While I didn't like S7 Hugely when it was first aired I have come to like it very much now. Rimmer not being in it a lot was detrimental to the series but overall it was good and I have found myself putting S7 in the DVD player more often than other DVD's of late. I work from home so tend to have DVD's going on in the background as well quite often.

Some of the earlier episodes like the ones you mention have dated quite badly in my opinion whereas most of series 7 still looks and feels good. S8 and BTE on the other hand will remain low in my list.

3. clozan10

clozan10 Skutter

I looove season 7 and I think it holds up just as good as the other seasons. I particularly like season 7 because of Chloe's Kochanski. Chloe plays the part of Kochanski really well and she is a great comedic actress. I think the character of Kochanski was written really well for this season. I was actually a bit disappointed when season 8 pulled back on the Kochanski character, but season 8 was just as good, :-Dlike all the seasons which are just excellent.

4. clozan10

clozan10 Skutter

I looove season 7 and I think it holds up just as good as the other seasons. I particularly like season 7 because of Chloe's Kochanski. Chloe plays the part of Kochanski really well and she is a great comedic actress. I think the character of Kochanski was written really well for this season. I was actually a bit disappointed when season 8 pulled back on the Kochanski character, but season 8 was just as good, :-Dlike all the seasons which are just excellent.

5. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I agree with you, kochanski was great in season 7 and I thought Chloe Annett was good in her role. I watched 3 episodes of series 7 last week, beyond a joke, epideme and nanarchy, it had been a while since I watched them but I found them hilarious. I particularly enjoyed the talk they were having coming up with 5 people who had one arm that had gone on and done really well in their lives. I thought the cat during this conversation was hilarious. the way he said his suggestions with so much conviction that he was right was great. "The Mexican dude....the one armed bandit!"