Am I the only one who likes season 7?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Baxters_Hooch, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

2. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Well I was going to sponsor you but now I'll just be sick! :x

3. Presuming Ken

Presuming Ken Deck Sergeant

SELFISH!!!! :x

4. Ant the Dragon

Yep! Just like leaving the fans/ writers/cast in the lurch so you can go on holiday. You should be ashamed of yourself! :x:x

5. Presuming Ken

The fans got a new series, the rest of the cast got paid for another series and the writers got paid to write it. Who was left in the lurch? I'm sure Doug, Danny, Bobby and Craig are all big boys and respected Chris's decision without whinging like a wet flannel like some fans seem to do.

You're just blaming him for you not liking series 7 as much as 5 & 6 and you're throwing actors/writers/other fans into the mix to try and reinforce your point.

By all means blame Chris for how you feel about 7, but try not to speak for everyone else, there's a good chap :-)

6. Ant the Dragon

Well why not be a good chap and have the decency to bother to read what I wrote. I happen to like series 7 - I do however think it would have been better received had Chris Barrie not acted like a "wet flannel" and walked off the job. Him quoting in an interview that "wild horses wouldn't drag him back"
    Is pretty disrespectful for the other actors and the writers! But maybe you just enjoy misreading threads and stirring?

But anyway, allow me to help you with the concept of this discussion:
    Fact: Chris Barrie left a popular series putting the future work of three other actors in jeopardy.
    Opinion: series seven could have been better (although it's my second favourite series) had Chris barrie been in all the episodes.

Try again Barlow and in future learn some manners... :roll::x:

7. Presuming Ken

I did.

I never said you didn't

He didn't 'walk off the job', he agreed to come back but only for a couple of episodes and a few other scenes. 'Walking off the job' means exactly that, not finishing the job. Filming and completing scenes that have been agreed to, isn't :roll:

I can see how you feel. But we all say things we don't mean or regret. However, given the cast and crew aren't really bothered as they've worked with him for 17 episodes since, why are you still so bothered??

How could I misread "wild horses wouldn't drag him back" when it hasn't appeared anywhere in this thread until your post I'm replying to?

Thank you, I think I need some help to get to grips with it.

So, this is Fact? Where's your proof? Was there any threat to the show when CB decided to not do the full series? Supposition, your honour.

Agreed, it would have been better with CB in all eps.

But....

How can 7 be your second fave series when you said with Barrie in series 7 it could have been up there with 5 & 6?

Ahh, a bit of advice on manners from Anti. Priceless :-D

8. Ant the Dragon

It seems you are talking about a subject you know very little about, so allow me to explain some basics for you oh ghastly one...

1. Doug Naylor stated that they were contracted to make two more series after 6. Chris Barrie very unprofessionally slagged off the show (try watching the series 7 documentary on the DVD if you need a history lesson)in a magazine interview. Unless you think slating a show that made you famous and telling the press (rather than the producers) that you wont come back is professional? Glad you are not my employer if you do.

2. Series 5 and 6 are regularly regarded as the top series of Red Dwarf if many of the posts (or opinions if we need to clarify in big red letters for you) on this forum and votes on various hideous fansites. It is safe to say that series seven is NOT - hence the reason this post started in the first place. However, it is my second favourite series behind series 5. Series 6 is third.

3. Of course it is fact. Rimmer is the second protagonist of the show - if he left of course it put the show and thus, its actors in jeopardy. Again, brush up on your history and watch the series 7 doc :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
    If in doubt, read the series 8 book where Doug says he wasn't sure series 7 could be made as Chris didn't want to do it.

4. Oh and for your information, Rob Grant is equally as selfish. Thankfully Chris saw sense though!!

5. Yes, you have very bad manners and have an appalling concept of opinion and fact. I can only pity you at this point.

Good day! :x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

9. Presuming Ken

Well, that's me told.

I'd put that index finger in an ice bucket if I were you ;-)

10. Ant the Dragon

Very childish indeed.:shock::shock:

11. Presuming Ken

Ahh, the 'childish' response. I wondered how long... :lol:

BTW, do you believe everything you read or are told by people you don't know? No wonder you're so anti everything.

Try thinking for yourself, me old fruit ;-)

12. Ant the Dragon

Ah what a sound argument. Yes why believe quotes from the actors or writers or producers - just think it yourself and assume to form the basis of an argument. Bravo!

Unless you are suggesting Doug Naylor and Chris Barrie are liars?:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::x:x:x

13. Presuming Ken

Dear oh dear. You really do believe everything you hear.

Do you really believe things happened in a certain way because you were told they did? Oh dear.

Think of your own life. How often do you get conflicting stories of events?

You will never ever know what really happened because you weren't there. But if that's the way you shape your opinions, then fine. No wonder you're so bitter...

And you pity me? :lol:

14. Ant the Dragon

So to conclude - you're suggesting that I should know better about the Chris Barrie leaving red dwarf saga more so than doug Naylor or Chris Barrie? Hmmmm... No offence, but how old are you? 12??

Doug naylor WROTE a book called the making of red dwarf 8 where he quotes the exact point i made above (should my own opinion be taken at better value than doug's then?? - what a ridiculous notion).

Chris Barrie quoted in both a sci fi magazine and on the red dwarf seven documentary why he left. Again I ask, why would my opinion on this matter outweigh the evidence and quotes given by Doug and Chris? I know you've single handily lost your argument but it's best you stop making a fool of yourself now rather than later! :lol:

15. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Well I think we all know who is making a fool of themselves. . .don't we.
    DON'T!
    WE!
    :roll:

16. Presuming Ken

Head/Brick Wall. Nope, i'm saying you don't know what actually went on. It could be, as you say, how it was told by Doug and Chris. But don't take everything at face value.

Nope. But it's funny you mention that number. For that's the amount of years ago I first saw that insult online...

Again, the events you read about may indeed have happened as you said. But don't bet your house on it...

Again, 12 years. Well done on your, er, victory :-)

17. Ant the Dragon

Yep, you! Now keep your giant snout out!

18. Presuming Ken

"snout out"

I'm gonna use that. Dunno what for, but I like it :-D

19. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

No. You. & I will comment on any post which I deem worthy of my response. . .:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

20. Ant the Dragon

So here's a task - try and add something worthy to the conversation! So far so bad...:lol: