ANIMATED DWARF?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by SFRimmer12, Apr 5, 2009.

1. SFRimmer12

SFRimmer12 Third Technician

Straight to it.

I've been giving this a thought and it might be good if they re-re-remastered all of the 8 series by making it an animated series. This is just an idea sorta based on the mobi-sodes.

Once again, ideas, views and questions welcome. :idea:

2. garfie

garfie Catering Officer

Wrong side of the thin line between genius and ins
    Um Why? I can understand the attraction of new animated episodes (not something I am bothered about seeing but I can see the point). But redoing the stuff that is already out there seems a waste of time.

3. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

Same here. They're fine as they are. In fact, I wouldn't be on this forum unless I thought they were fantastic as they are.:-)

4. Listerschick4eva

Listerschick4eva First Technician

i think it would depend on the storylines that would be made for the series but the thing i would most likely not want to see is any Mary-sue characters poping up in it :-( but it would take the series in a completely different direction i think because in animation you can make anything happen just because you can draw it that way where as when it's live action it catches people's eyes more and make them think "wow! how did they do that" e.g. when you see two Rimmers in Me2 - yes most of us on here know now how it was done but some people who may had seem it for the first time may wonder :-)

5. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

Animated dwarf sounds great I would like to see anything that's rd involved

6. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

New stories done in animation would be really cool, I just don't think I'd be interested in animated versions of episodes that already exist though. Why reinvent the wheel?

7. goldy_T_O_T

goldy_T_O_T Deck Sergeant

Ont Canada eating cat nip and drinking Milk
    That would be something I would love to see so long as its not tacky like the Starwars series. Gag!
    It has to be done right, personality, sense of humor and story writing intact. Kind of like when they made the Mr Bean in to an animated series which wasn't half bad but did have a few rough edges though.

8. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

I'd really like it if it were REAL animation, not a bunch of of the 3-d cartoons that disney's been doing (badly) lately. It's such a shame that hand-drawn animation has disappeared, it's all either pseudo-pixar stuff or garbage that looks like badly drawn macromedia flash cartoons.:?

9. CJ_MAK

CJ_MAK Deck Sergeant

I thought the mobisodes were just pointless rehashhing of old material, a new story animation/s MIGHT be ok if the stories are used as arks to fill in the gaps between series although I still wouldn't be keen on the Idea....

10. hubbard

hubbard Deck Sergeant

Nice idea but it would work better for more adventures which couldnt be brought to live action and like 'Star Wars: Clone Wars' new animated series, the animated shows could fill in the gaps in the storyline.
    eg. all the text at the start of series 3 could be animated into shorts.

11. Almighty_crj

Almighty_crj First Technician

`You know what I would really like to see?

Using the Red One camera, the BTE green screening techniques and the season 1 DVD CGI sets, I'd like to see Bodysnatcher rotoscoped ala 'A Scanner Darkly'.

Alright for budget's sake, this project might have to be low def, but an intriguing concept. With the rotoscoping in place, that would technically make it an all animated feature.

An avenue worth exploring if Doug wants to sell that movie of his?