Any USB Winners here?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Pecospete666, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Pecospete666

Pecospete666 Catering Officer

G&T had 3 winners of RD Naylor's contest!

2. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

I know there is a winning member here. Although I won't name them, just in case they don't feel like sharing the good news.

3. Reznor

Reznor Guest

wait then how did u know? :P

4. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

If there are any forum users who got one, please bear in mind that the USB sticks contain a lot of juicy information, including photos, that's currently under press embargo! So please do not share any of the content, either directly or via links, here on this forum.

Instead, take joy in the fact that you've got all this material long before anyone else gets their hands on it! ;-)

5. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Will these USB sticks be available to buy at some point or are they a limited run?

6. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

No, they were press packs given out to journos as a handy way of giving them the necessary PR materials. It's only through the goodness of Richard and UKTV's heart that a few leftover spares have been made available. They're probably even rarer than the Berkeley Square USB sticks!

7. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Thanks for the info Seb, I thought that would be the case. Ahh well nevermind.:-)

8. Pecospete666

Pecospete666 Catering Officer

Second chance!

"I’ll DM the winners today and ask for a postal address. I’ll then send them first class tomorrow morning. If I don’t hear back from you this week I’ll have to give the others up to the next in line! Usually I wouldn’t post worldwide but we’ve come this far so what the hell. Thank you everyone for supporting Red Dwarf X, tell your friends to watch Dave at 9:00pm on October 4th!"

9. gem5ie

gem5ie Catering Officer

I assume you're talking about me :-) Anyway, it's here now and it's great, if empty. Impressive as my CVs are they're not in quite the same league as a press pack for the new series! But that's of little consequence, it looks great and I am very glad to have one. I was very impressed with Richard's level of personal attention in setting up and running the competition on Twitter- to get a little note from him on a tiny fragment of script was especially awesome! I am also fairly sure (from the presence of two words) that my bit of script comes from the episode I saw filmed. So altogether I am very happy, and hugely excited for the new series.

Haven't been on this forum a lot lately (been going through a bit of a G&T phase) so have only just seen this post!

10. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

Were there any provisions made to get the winners the files that were supposed to be on the sticks, or did they basically say, "be glad you won anything"?