any watchers on Netflix

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by doooge, Sep 30, 2009.

1. doooge

doooge Skutter

First off, hey everyone!

I am watching Red Dwarf on Netflix for about the millionth time and I have just spotted some different things:

1. When Rimmer and Lister are checking out the vending machines at the beginning of the episode, two skutters drive past
    2. When they are going to McIntyre's funeral, instead of seeing Lister trip Rimmer there is some spiel from Holly.

Any ideas when they made these changes and what they're all about?

Edit: I may have found my answer.. this is apparently part of the remastering that took place in the late 90's. Ah well.. thanks anyways everyone!

2. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Hi dooge, welcome to the forums:-)
    The changes were part of the remaster...oh, too late ;-).

3. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Sometimes people make bad decisions.

On the subject of which, are Netflix any nearer to providing closed captioning or are they still using some obscure loophole about live streaming to avoid what everyone else has to do by law?

4. doooge

doooge Skutter

To that question i do not have an answer. I just wish they left it how it was. Guess i'll have to watch my DVD's now

5. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I might be mistaken but I think this is how it originally went out on itunes too before GNP changed it back to the original. Perhaps something similar can be done here?

6. doooge

doooge Skutter

you know... i think that the original episodes were being aired on Netflix but then they changed them... i'm not sure any more. It's just one giant confused mess now.