April 11th for new special?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF: THE PROMISED LAND' started by Deb Lister, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Deb Lister

Deb Lister Second Technician

Just heard that they are aiming to show the special on Easter Weekend (10th-12th April) My birthday is the 11th, so that would be the BEST birthday present EVER!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

UltraDevotee and Pembers like this.
  2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Just like they did with the Back to Earth episodes in 2009 then.

Deb Lister and Pembers like this.
  3. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Console Officer

Excellent, that is much earlier than I had expected.

Deb Lister likes this.
  4. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Supply Officer

Yeah, I was going to post on here a couple of days ago about how quiet it has gone since the last Pinewood filming date but obviously the RD team are deep into post-production right now.

Clearly, we will have to see whether this prospective broadcast date is officially confirmed but I really hope you are right. If it ended up being September or October then that would mean 3 years since series 12’s debut whereas if it is indeed this Easter then that will mean about 2 and a half years since that most recent series’ finale, Skipper, which is still a long time but feels a bit more comfortable this time as a hiatus.

At 9 pm in April then I think it should be still past dusk then, so it will still be dark enough to provide one of those dates with that spacey evening Dwarfyness!

Anyway, we’ll just have to see whether it is definitely in Easter and if it is that would be great as this year not only do I want to see Liverpool finally win the Premier League for the first time (not too far away now, but we still have to win those possibly up to 6 matches and I will only believe it if Henderson has that trophy with the crown, above his head) but I really want to have a great time too watching new, hopefully really epic and comical at the same time Red Dwarf!

Deb Lister likes this.
  5. Deb Lister

Not definite yet, but hopefully....

6. Jape of The Decade

Jape of The Decade Skutter

Yeah be great if this is true. Here's to hoping they don't chop it into three separate episodes again. Just curious but where did you 'hear' this information?

7. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

Robert Llewellyn said something it is going to air around Easter. Do you have any other source, @Deb Lister? Just to know if there are more people talking about this date.

It's also worth mentioning they want to broadcast three new documentaries with the special. I suppose the Easter weekend would be great for this.

UltraDevotee likes this.
  8. Curryman

Curryman Deck Sergeant

I need confirmation of this date, please.
    [​IMG]

9. UltraDevotee

Just to let you know...the 2020 special will be shown all together - 1 and a half hours of new Red Dwarf - in yet another decade - in a 2 hour slot. So that will be fun staying up for if it starts at 9pm and goes on to 11pm. I really hope it will be genuinely enthralling and thrillingly epic, finally realising the true potential that long-form RD has to offer.

10. Curryman

Curryman Deck Sergeant

Is that a jab at us old-uns? ;-)

11. UltraDevotee

Sounds good to show them all at this same time. Easter would be as good as Christmas for me this year if all of this was broadcast over that weekend - a real Easter Egg!

12. UltraDevotee

It will just be fun for me personally watching TV later than I usually do - and my favourite TV programme ever at that - though of course I did watch the 2019 Celebrity Crystal Maze Christmas special on the 23rd December between 10 and 11 which was an unusual time for my favourite gameshow ever but good. :-)

13. Deb Lister

No Asclepius, that is where I heard it too. Will update you if I hear any more about the date. This was released today about the plot for the special. https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...7cUapke2Tp1ormM5fMvoe24pejbuN5j-XQgNM8CncKtVw

14. Rodthepod

Rodthepod First Technician

Captured and living in the belly of a whale.
    I don't suppose anyone here has heard when it's going to be available on iTunes?

15. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

We don't even know when it's officially going to be available on TV. Just unofficial speculation here.

16. UltraDevotee

It's March now, so fingers crossed we will hopefully hear some interesting news soon...

Ant E and Pembers like this.
  17. bilbobagenz

bilbobagenz Second Technician

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    UltraDevotee likes this.
  18. UltraDevotee