Are there any plans for DAVE

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Eternity, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Eternity

Eternity Third Technician

-thats DAVE as in the channel-

to screen series I - VIII at all after the success of the special?
    And after all, they seem to have no problems obtaining BBC programmes anyway "made by the BBC; chaosen by DAVE"
    (and yes I know that DAVE is owned or partially owned by the Beebs main company!)

Anyone have any ideas on this?

2. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Dave are forever showing episodes of the show. Check out the 'TV and Online' section of the site.

3. Eternity

Cheers for that. I feel a right muppet now, its just that I've never seen them advertise it or anything.

Will go check out the website....

4. Eternity

Nope, I'm still missing something. I tried looking before but couldn't find anything apart from info on BTE, and I still can't:crying:

5. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Look up to the top of this website, under the reddwarf.co.uk banner. Among the list of options is a section called 'TV and Online'. Click it, and you'll see the next ten TV showings for Red Dwarf in the UK.

All of which, right now, are on Dave - episode of Series V and VI showing on Friday and Saturday.

6. Eternity

*hangs head in shame* oops, I've been looking for the info on DAVE's website -although to be fair you'd think it would be easily accessible theretoo!

Tahnk you for the point in the right direction!

7. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

No problem!

To be fair the info is all there on Dave's site, too - but why would I guide you around there when you could be taking in the official site! :-)

8. J_Spaced

J_Spaced Second Technician

Is it original or Remasterd going round and round on Dave?

9. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

Original i think, the remastered aren't to everyone's taste so i imagine it might be a consious choice.

10. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

Dave is doing a great job giving a new generation a chance to see Red Dwarf. Pity about the ads. It seemed odd whilst watching BTE, although we are bombarded with ads everyday, it didn't seem right having them during an episode of Red Dwarf . If Dwarf did get a revival, it would be nice if the BBC picked it up again.

11. bigtimedwarfer

bigtimedwarfer Second Technician

Do Dave tend to show old RD episodes over 40 mins including ad breaks? I was certainly under the impression they do. It seemed strange to me that the BtE episodes were in half hour slots, 22 mins of Dwarf just isn't enough!

12. Yule Sleigher

Yule Sleigher Console Officer

I noticed when they showed Gunmen of the Apocalypse they cut a couple of bits out. I assumed this was to fit it into the slot while making way for ads. I don't usually watch Red Dwarf on DAVE anyway as I have them on DVD and don't watch much tv.

13. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

If I recall, the BBC actually made several cuts to this episode while Craig Charles was being falsely accused of rape. References to Lister bonking an 17 year old virtual reality ball girl hit the cutting room floor (quite why I could never really fathom). It may be that Dave is screening this version as those are the versions the Beeb have supplied it with.

14. kakchris

kakchris Third Technician

i have never seen anything beyond series vi on dave. i know there not everyones favourate but iliked them all the same. i just dont recall ever seing them on dave

15. Yule Sleigher

Yule Sleigher Console Officer

Probably. That bit was definately cut. I think I can see why it would be considered inappropriate in the circumstances. Apart from BTE that's the only time I've watched Red Dwarf on DAVE.

16. platini

platini Third Technician

I think the BBC have subsequently shown Gunmen uncut, and the DVD is uncut as well.