awful

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by mrzombiepants, Apr 14, 2009.

1. mrzombiepants

mrzombiepants Skutter

perhaps reddwarf.co.uk isn't the ideal forum in which to say this, but to me back to earth so far is utterly tragic. it was excruciating to watch and i haven't laughed once, perhaps i smiled slightly a few times but only out of sheer perplexity. does anybody else share this view?

2. BexAnn

BexAnn Skutter

agree.. soo disappointed!

3. DaleBennett

DaleBennett Third Technician

i thought it was ok, very different though, i would still like to see more

4. davemint

davemint Skutter

I liked it, just seemed like 1 episode dragged over 3 episodes so it had a lot more serious and un-funny scenes than the originals but it was still good :-D

5. JakeGould

JakeGould Third Technician

It was such a pointless episode, the second one was good to me, but the first and third sucked. I was SO dissapointed at no Holly, no Starbug, the obviously CG sets and no explaination on the ending of series 8.

What was the whole thing about series 9, they kept talking about this fabled series 9!

6. Jtherva

Jtherva Skutter

I think it was ok, first 2 episodes werent that amazing but the third was pretty cool. It made me laugh quite allot.

7. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    Actually your wrong reddwarf.co.uk is the correct place to air your thoughts the web admin want to hear everyones honest thoughts and opinions good and bad. Its all very constructive. Unfortunatly your not quite in the right place on this site. There has been a thread created specifically for this topic and you shuold be posting in there like nearly all other users have.

They Are sticked at the top of the Main Back To Earth Thread
    ;-)

8. mrzombiepants

mrzombiepants Skutter

sorry to ruin your little order there. but Ill be honest again, I could not be bothered to roam through the forum looking for the right thread to post content, was only keen to post my thoughts having seen the link saying that i should post my thoughts on it. move this thread if you like, but im certainly not going to.

9. M4tty0

M4tty0 Skutter

Any point of even posting that? No one asked why you posted here, just giving you information for future reference.

But its been done now and your Rimmer like rudeness is now upon the world!

10. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

My honest, reflective view of Back to Earth is that, as a three-parter, it should have been structured better to fit three episodes. Instead it blatantly felt like a special cut into three, which is why it views better all in one - the pacing doesn't feel like it was designed for three seperate episodes.

On the whole though, I really did enjoy the show and the story and I would actually rate it as one of my favourites. It didn't ruin Red Dwarf at all for me, it got me in the mood for more more more! XD

11. stin69

stin69 Third Technician

Why not, just lock this Topic and show the link!

stevie:evil:

12. Tex_Rimmer

Tex_Rimmer First Technician

perhaps reddwarf.co.uk isn't the ideal forum in which to say this, but to me back to earth so far is utterly tragic. it was excruciating to watch and i haven't laughed once, perhaps i smiled slightly a few times but only out of sheer perplexity. does anybody else share this view?

It certainly isn't the place to say it if you can't even figure out what you dislike about it. A shrink, to help you resolve your unresolved feelings, might be more useful to you than a message board. Either that, or a Trolling School.

Since you couldn't think of anything bad, let me help you out and contribute something. Since this episode was made 16 years after "Out of Time", the characters really should have looked like their future selves from 15 years ahead in that episode. The cat should have been made balding, Rimmer should have been put in a fat suit, Kryten should have had a rat's nest on his head, and they should have stuck Craig Charles in a jar. Totally killed the story for me, I'm afraid. Don't these people know about continuity?

13. Tex_Rimmer

Tex_Rimmer First Technician

>>The poster was extremely civil with you (more civil than he needed to be), so why are you being a tosser back to him?

Perhaps he was embarrassed at not having the literary ability to express his dissatisfaction with the show. Or maybe he's just naturally a tosser...

Waitaminnit! "Tosser"?? What's wrong with smeghead? This is a smegging Red Dwarf forum, isn't it? When the smeg did we start calling smegheads tossers?

14. RimmersLeftNostril

RimmersLeftNostril Third Technician

I thought it was very good and am proud to call myself a true Dwarf fan.

15. TheSinisterMrX

TheSinisterMrX Third Technician

Classic Dwarf to me. I was skeptical but I thought it was great. That got some good laughs outta me.

16. lob337

lob337 Third Technician

I did not like it - and I am also proud to call myself a true Dwarf fan.

17. THEBRIT

THEBRIT Third Technician

You mean you were too ignorant to read the sticky 'READ BEFORE POSTING' and just wanted some limelight.

I enjoyed all parts of BTE. It learnt a few lessons here and there aswell e.g laughter track is hugely favoured.

18. mrtrebus

mrtrebus Second Technician

Actually that’s not a bad idea! It may be a bit too ‘fan-fictiony’ for want of a better phrase but imagine a one off episode set in a parallel universe in which the future dwarfers from Out Of Time won? Could be fun to see more of this alternate version of Lister & co. & I’m sure the actors would enjoy playing different versions of themselves again, gives them something fresh to do. Well, wouldn’t be much fun for Craig Charles!!

"Herman Goering is a bit dodgy!" :lol:

19. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

I still dont really know what I thought of it.... I may of enjoyed it as one piece rather than spit in to 3, each with ad breaks. Even so it was far below the standard of series 1-6 but slightly better than 7 and 8

20. gcrawford407

gcrawford407 Skutter

as it was a special it did not have to refer to the ending of series 8. it was a one off perhaps to gauge the reaction of the fans before starting work on series nine. to me the veiwing figures suggest that the fans have deemed that there is a desire for a new series, the cast certainly seemed to enjoy working on the roject so perhaps thee will be a series nine and ten. with grant and naylor working together again for this special could be seen as a possitive step in bring the small rouge one back, per haps to Dave perhaps to BBC 2. we will have to wait and see!