Back to Earth DVD

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Deviblue, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Deviblue

Deviblue Second Technician

I know we haven't even seen the specials yet, but have there been any announcements about what extras are going to be on the DVD?

I'm hopeing that all the viral stuff online will be on the discs somwhere for starters.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

At the moment nobody knows what will feature on the DVDs. All we know at this stage is that they'll be released on the 15th of June.

News story

3. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Hopefully the documentary will be on it, perhaps an extended version.
    I'd also hope there will be commentaries.

Safe bet there will be music cues, easter eggs, stills, deleted scenes and smegups!

4. Deviblue

Deviblue Second Technician

Thats kind of my point though. it has a June 15th release date....these things have to be manufactured and shipped to stores. That all takes time and June 15 is only 84 days away.
    I'm not sure about where these DVDs will be manufactured but if its done in, say china, apart from the actually manufacture shipping takes a month alone. Things take a week maybe 2 to be released from the ports and hit central warehousing then distrubution to stores will take upto another week so they have 33 days left to get all the extras footage together, cut, edited, menus created and the dvd master authored and signed off. That could be cutting things a little fine if they're not careful.
    If the dvds are being manufactured in the UK they might have an extra few weeks (and it would cost them more)

Sorry, having been in product management gets me worrying about hitting these deadlines. (and having toothache makes me grumpy)