Back to Earth: Episode Three

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Andrew, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Post your feedback and opinions on the final part of BTE right here!

2. BackInTheRed

BackInTheRed Skutter

This is the one with the sting in the tail folks, i'm excited.

3. BobbyWalter

BobbyWalter Skutter

I have a feeling that the writers will throw one smeg of a twist at us in Episode three. Bring it on!

4. SamTatr

SamTatr Skutter

This is the one that will explain about the absence of Series 9. I hope it is a good explanation, because my shelf will go:
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,BTE.
    How messed up is that?

Sam

5. ewbarden

ewbarden Skutter

Even if this episode is dwarf at its best (and I would be prepared to wager a large amount of money it wont be) the other two episodes have been so piss poor that it couldnt even begin to make up for the waste of an hour I have so far endured after a 10 yr wait. First starwars, then Indiana Jones and now Red Dwarf.... Doesnt anyone know when to call it a day?

6. RedDwarf09

RedDwarf09 Second Technician

Only 9 hours! If it's as good as the rest, I can't wait!
    and tut-tut to the guy above me. You know, SOME people actually LIKE Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Red Dwarf, and would be grateful for a OK 5 min long special, because at least it is something to add to the Indiand Jones, Star Wars or Red Dwarf database. You know, if you hate RD:BTE then don't watch it, and at least give some constructive critisicm, like I don't get the plot, or the CGI is terrible. How childish is it to just say: it's rubbish?

7. ewbarden

ewbarden Skutter

I already have done...please read my thread on the part two forum- i think its on page 8 or 9

8. evertonianz

evertonianz Skutter

really hopin like rest of u theres some dwarf magic tonite somethin that will eplain the missin series somethin that will make sense of this 3 parter, cos tbh its been 1 hell of a wait and from what i have seen so far i woulda preferred it left untouched red dwarf is a classic and at the minute if this is the end for another 10 years it doesnt deserve this cheesiness, in 2 minds about this episode tonite

9. RedDwarf09

RedDwarf09 Second Technician

well, if you said it in the 2nd one, why criticise this one? :roll:

10. TaranCameron

TaranCameron Skutter

I just had to sign up to give my views.

Episodes deffo not as good as they could have been.

Some of the jokes were cringe worthy and unfunny.

Plot has been awful. I knew from the begining that they would find out they are characters, just from watching the trailer and them going to Corrie.

And I bet the 'mysterious address' they have to go to, to plead for more life, is BBC Television Studios, or one of the writers homes.

Typical. :roll:

If they do decide to do a new series, bring back the laugher track and make it funny.

11. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

please get it right this time.

12. davemint

davemint Skutter

I agree! cnt wait :-D!!

13. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

As much as I have loved Back to Earth so far, there really needs to be one hell of a tie-up and plot twist tonight. That's all I am saying. The bar is set very high. I think a lot of us, myself included, are praying this ends as good as Doug promises it will.

If it ends lacklustre with "we're fictional" becoming the reality than I'll be dissapointed also. I'm more nervous than ever now!

14. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

I'm just amazed that they're going to be able to resolve the plot in such little time...

15. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

This was going to be a two parter at one point.

Bet you're glad THAT didn't happen.

16. wotthesmeg

wotthesmeg Skutter

Just a few hours to go. happy with the first and second parts hopefully the third will be just as good. :-D

17. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Going on previous form, I'm half expecting a cliffhanger ending that will be resolved in 2021 in an episode where we find out that Doug and Rob are really robots sent from the future to write Red Dwarf by the great, great, great, great grandson of Craig Charles so that Craig would become an actor in a popular show, become rich and the future Charles dynasty would be imensly wealthy.

You just wait... :lol:

18. puzzlebox

puzzlebox Third Technician

I'm more excited about this one than either of the first two, so despite its flaws I guess the story has worked on me :-)

19. MagicMonkey77

MagicMonkey77 Third Technician

Really looking forward to tonight, the Bladerunner building in London tells me they ain't really in our dimension at all, let's face it with an infinite amount of possible dimensions I might be a character in RedDwarf lol.

Roll on 9 o'clock

20. littlesmegger

littlesmegger Third Technician

I've personally loved the return of the small rouge one, and anticipate a tenth series in the future.

As for tonight, I'll be sat between now and nine waiting to see how the Dwarfers act in the Rovers, and how the Blade Runner eske story resolves... also, in what state is Katarina's light bee after being hit by that car? I'm sure she'll be part of the sting in the tail.

Aaaand lastly, will Chloe err I mean Kochanski appear as a twist tonight? I wouldn't be surprised personally!