Back to Earth: Episode Three

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Andrew, Apr 10, 2009.

1. bigwillch

bigwillch Skutter

Agh. Really bad. Really really bad. I honestly enjoyed the last two episodes but this was awful. All the haters are totally justified in their venting.

Ho hum. Game over I reckon.

2. Schluffy

Schluffy Skutter

ok one more thing that must be said

IF THEY HAD A MAGAZINE SAYING "RED DWARF COMMING TO CORRIE" WHY WERE THEY ALL SUPPRISED WHEN THEY ARRIVED!?

sorry cant respond to people who have responded to my comment im shocked i even got to a posting page with the speed at the minute

3. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

I loved it.
    Its cool they resurrected an old classic, (in a similar way to Polymorph - Emohawk) supposed I should've guessed from the title.
    Has still left it open to do another series.
    Which I hope will get underway soon. :-D

4. SCIFIGEEK

SCIFIGEEK Third Technician

The only bit i didnt like was the dialog on the first 5 minutes (in the corronation street shop) but it picked up the pace and got funnier and funnier.

WELL DONE EVERYBODY INVOLVED. LOVED IT. PLEASE DONT LISTEN TO THE HATERS. IT WAS GREAT.

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

5. slappyslack

slappyslack Third Technician

awesome absolutely awesome, people said it was back to reality all over and it kind of was, im dissapointed i didnt see it coming!!

red dwarf are definately back it just took them a couple of eps to get back into their rolls!

althoug if this was series 9 wheres the tie ups.

i loved it and i loved the explanation about our world continueing to exist.

just amazing absolutely amazing.

buy the dvd please BUY THE DVD SO WE CAN HAVE A TENTH(X) SERIES!!!!

6. billyballoch

billyballoch Third Technician

Well i thought that was bloody fantastic, i really like how this episode gives a new start for the series and digs it out of the hugely awkward hole of explaining what the smeg happened after the overly ambitious ending to series 8. The ending left me begging for more dwarf, IT WILL BE BACK

BTW im really glad i wasn't on the forum during the episode coz u guys would have ruined the episode for me with your bloody spoilers, nonetheless the episode was fantastic :lol: :-D

7. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

another thought - If cat brought the squid thing from the ocean planet, what happened to it when the nanobots hijacked Red Dwarf, made a nano version and made the rest into a planet? And we don't even know how Red Dwarf still exists after the metal eating virus

8. Codgin

Codgin Skutter

OMG just wow, that was a great ending, WE DONT EXIST, genius, that episode made this trilogy, all the silly little nibbles like why are they so accepting, its retarded them coming into our world and so on, all worked out top trumps in the end, anyone who didnt like that seriously doesnt get Red Dwarf, loved it, I'm over joyed, well done to everyone! Please please please dont let this be the last, want to see Lister in his bath and the polymorph :-). But seriously this could have worked out so much better if it was shown as a complete piece instead of being over three nights, DAVE take note, this kind of thing works best shown in a single night! Bring on series IX or XI :S lol either would be sweet!

9. Holly_Hilly

Holly_Hilly Third Technician

Absolutely brilliant.

Anyone who still hates it after that isn't watching it properly. It may have a lot of differences but that was pure full-on Dwarf. It was fantastic, I am so pleased with it and I'm proud to be a Dwarfer. Well done to everybody involved.

I smegging loved it, and to do that on such a small budget... Incredible. Chloe Annet back as Kochanski too, they kept that well hidden.

Don't be listening to people who say they hated it GNP, they're entitled to an opinion but they clearly can't recognise quality Dwarf.

Innovative, Surprising, Revolutionary, Fan-Smegging-tastic!

10. kezza7

kezza7 Skutter

BRILLIANT

a laughing track would have helped...

But otherwise fantastic.

I understand what the haters are saying and it could have been better, but still a great piece of tv, especially the end/ the corrie part.:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

11. KingDando

KingDando Third Technician

I loved part three. Thought it was the best one out of the lot, but…I kind of still want my sting-in-the-tail moment. All that stuff about the creator scripting their actions (Kryten picking up those DVD's like he was being controlled by some higher authority), the joy squid; I saw it coming. Still, I'm glad the "real world" turned out to be a false reality/hallucination, although, I had a feeling that was case. Still, it's all good :-)

I have a feeling watching it feature-length will make it seem 10x better. Hopefully this will be possible on the DVD, which I've just pre-ordered from Amazon. After seeing part three and the direction it took, I'm kind of glad there was no laughter track.

To re-iterate: For those who haven't seen Blade Runner; watch it as soon as possible :-)

12. frog_girl

frog_girl Third Technician

OK
    I still think that there was too much emphasis on the 'kooky' elements of their hallucination/dimension jump', or at least too much use of our real life merchandise for that not to be somewhat annoying.

HOWEVER

The highest percentage of BTE was good Dwarf imo that made me happy to see all my beloved characters again and now I'm kind of tearful and have a tiny little ache in my heart that really really wants it back!!

Thankyou Mr Charles, Barrie, Jules, Llewellyn and Naylor. And Dave. Thankyou. Please bring back my beloved Red Dwarf with new proper series now. Thankyou.

*pines*

13. Schluffy

Schluffy Skutter

Ok one last comment.

If this may be their final show. they should have done something original instead of a homage of something already in existance. Thats the alternative of the final episode of doctor who being a homage to fawlty towers!

14. scottishsuzee

scottishsuzee Third Technician

:-D Well it's all over..after weeks of getting excited and my verdict..I loved it. I'm so happy just to have the boys back again and i canna wait for the dvd. I think it will be 100 times better seeing it all in a one, so hopefully this will happen on the dvd. And i'll watch it tomorrow, but still have to put up with the dumb adverts.....grrrrrr!!!!!!

PS was i the only one that had a tear in their eye when kochanski came back and lister spoke about dreaming about her? Engaging Blush mode...Blush mode engaged:eek:ops:

15. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Skutter

I liked it, I agree though it would have been better all in one part rather than over 3 and I'm sure this has been mentioned but I definitely think it missed the laughter track. I hope if they do a new series there will be a laughter track. Bring on a new series please. Dont know why it was renewed in the first place its ratings were great.

16. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    Well I thought part 3 was very dramatic and the story was great. I loved how Clever it was and how it linked up with the other 2 parts to inevitably link to previous series.

Have to say though, part3 was not really that funny felt more like a serious drama. And One other thing, and sorry to have to say this after watching the making of the cast seem quite pleased with this bit... The Corrie bit, while I can understand thats the most likely place to find Craig Charles atm, this part made me cringe. I'm not a big fan of corrie in fact i'll only watch it if nothing else is on, so to see my Fave sitcom charecters goofing around on the set with two corrie stars was very sickining.

17. mrsmith

mrsmith Third Technician

at first i thought the episodes where as they said in episode 1 a, 'bit crap' . but when i re watched them all on Dave plus one after they were aired i found them actually quite funny and have realised why.

when i first watched the episodes i was so shocked at the fact that the boys from the dwarf were back. it took me one viewing of the episodes to take that it in so it made it hard to take in all the gags the first time. on viewing two i started to appreciate the episodes for what they are, not three new episodes of the old dwarf but three new episode of a new fresh original dwarf

18. Codgin

Codgin Skutter

Someone metioned above about Cat bringing the fish back to Dwarf despite the fact it was taken before they returned, how about this for an answer its Red Smeggin Dwarf, it suppose to have plot holes lol

19. trunksgav

trunksgav Third Technician

i was quite please i was correct in thinking of the possibility of another despair squid, but the clues were there by episode 2. as i wrote on booby llews youtube 20hrs ago:

it cud be another despair squid like in back to reality.. hence 2 hardlgiht holograms when they cant really be, different reality etc. i may be way off but never? know.
    I was right.. well pleased.. then surely will get another series done now. they'll get enough money surely

20. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

What I liked:

• The solution to the story and the references to Red Dwarf's greatest episode: Back To Reality.
    • Those Rimmer Munchkin things.
    • The unexpected return of Chloe's Kochanki. I never thought much of the character, but as soon as I heard the footsteps I started hoping it was Chloe Annett.
    • The scenes with Lister and Kochanski were very touching.
    • The chase scene was very good and Chinatown looked great.

Overall, a very good conclusion to the trilogy, though I wasn't too keen on the Coronation Street scenes. Now I know what it's all about I'll probably like episode 2 more than I did. It would obviously work much better as one long episode rather than split into three.