Back to Earth

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Bazzablue, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazzablue

Bazzablue Skutter

I have been excited about the new shows ever since I heard they were making them. My 2 children (who are 10 & 11) are Red Dwarf nuts. Today, as we waited, we have had a Red Dward day watching episodes back to back until the new episode aired. The new episode was RUBBISH I am devistated to say, even my kids said it was boring and I found myself almost ashamed.

NOTE TO DOUG NAYLOR : 1. RED DWARF IS NOT A DRAMA 2. IT NEEDS AN AUDIENCE 3. IT NEEDS A PLOT 4. IT NEEDS MORE JOKES 5. PART OF THE CHARM IS THE DODGY SETS......IT DOESN'T NEED TO LOOK LIKE GLADIATOR!!! AND 6. IT NEEDS A NEW SERIES THAT CONCENTRATES ON THE SCRIPT AND NOT THE LOOK!

Sorry for the negative vibe, but I was expecting better!

2. tippy922

tippy922 Third Technician

Argh. Joss Whedon suffers the same affliction.
    Verdict: Genius.

3. mellow_n_dark

mellow_n_dark First Technician

God you're pathetic!!! Are you that simple to think that Grant/Naylor actually wanted those crap sets in the first few series??? It's become (shock horror life goes on) a comedy drama! Try watching the whole thing you irritationg bafoon!

We're glad you're ashamed - for being such an idiot! HOW DARE YOU!!!

4. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

1. No s**t! That'll be why it's not then.
    2. You can't judge that until you've seen all the episodes.
    3. It has one, the first episode was clearly setting the scene for the next two. They had less than half an hour to catch us up on the happenings, set the scene and get everything ready to go for episode two.
    4. It had plenty of laugh out loud moments! Maybe you weren't listening properly.
    5. It doesn't and since when has looking good been a bad thing. FFS! They did this on a massively tight budget and some of the CGI stuff is far from perfect. This isn't ever going to be the early series, it isn't trying to be and you clearly need to realise that.
    6. OH MY GOD! This guy is a GENIUS! Why didn't Doug ever think of just 'doing a new series'. Andrew take this revolutionary idea to GNP this very moment!

Oh also while you're busy being ashamed, make sure your children don't see your appalling spelling and internet etiquette.

I'll be waiting till I've seen ALL the episodes before I make a proper judgement, maybe you should think about watching the rest of the show before writing it off as rubbish.

5. Bazzablue

Bazzablue Skutter

Mr E Smeg - A true idiot has to resort to childish insults during an exchange of opinions. Times do change, but comedy should make you laugh (like series 1 & 2) Not to say the later series were bad, far from it. Your response made me laugh more than Back to Earth. P.S. Forgot to mention....BRING BACK HOLLY :-)

6. Bazzablue

Bazzablue Skutter

Thanks for your comments Jo...You truly are a RD fan.

P.S. I said I was 'almost ashamed' and also RD needed a new series that paid more attention to the script than the look...maybe you should learn to read the whole post before your reply!!

7. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Actually, a true idiot starts up angry threads on a forum they've just joined rather than paying people the courtesy of noticing discussions already underway, reading them and responding appropriately.

8. Bazzablue

Bazzablue Skutter

Thanks Andrew, I thought my 'thread' was more based on sadness than anger, but I am glad you are hinting I am an idiot because I have spoken my mind. My intention was not to upset anyone, just my own personal disappointment...no offence intended

9. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

You're very welcome and yes, I am, that's very astute of you!
    I don't jump to conclusions and bitch before I've seen the whole thing, if this is supposed to be a bad thing then I'll just have to live with it. I don't think Episode One is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, however I'm willing to wait, watch everything and judge it as a whole. OK in that case, how do you know what these episodes will do with regards to script and look until you've seen them all? If this was a full series would you you be judging the whole thing after the first episode?

My point put simply, just so you don't miss it... You can't write off all three episodes based on one episode.

10. Bazzablue

Bazzablue Skutter

Thanks again Jo, I am hoping that the next 2 parts are of the usual standard and that my years of waiting have been worthwhile and we do get more 'Dwarf' in the future :-)

11. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Please keep the discussion of BTE 1 to the appropriate thread. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.