Back to Earth

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Andrew, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Too much info! :twisted:

2. IoHouse

IoHouse First Technician

Haha Ori-Studfarm, nice change of the quote there! :shock:

3. Presuming Ken

Presuming Ken Deck Sergeant

There was an awesome cut of BTE on You Tube a while back.

A fan had cut bits out, swapped bits about and added a laughter track.

It was so much better than the broadcast version.

But it got taken down for some reason.... :roll:

4. ori-STUDFARM

I saw an edited down version of part 1 which ran at about 10 minutes which was so much better pacing wise. Saw that ages ago though.... It actually made me think BtE may have been better as a two parter, as it was originally going to be.

5. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Alright, look, guys - I'm fairly sure I've cleared this up before, but let's go over it again:

Anti Everything and simulant37 are both disagreeable, frequently unpleasant, rude and (in my opinion) often deliberately argumentative for the sake of it. However: they are not the same person. Or, if they are, they're one person so carefully covering their own tracks (even to the extent of posting from different IP addresses) that they've earned the right to be treated as not.

So let's stop with these accusations. I don't believe they'd be occurring if there were suspicions that two more well-liked and agreeable people, so it's not fair or equitable for the suspicions to be constantly voiced about them. It derails threads for no good reason.

Both posters are entitled to their opinions, especially as they (generally) don't tend to actually break the forum rules. Although I would remind Anti Everything that personal attacks on certain people (particularly certain former administrators) will not be tolerated.

6. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

This is outrageous! That is the most ridiculously hypocritical post I've ever seen. So I cannot be critical (which i wasnt i was stating an opinion) of the way the former moderater ran this site, yet you, the new moderater, can go to the extent of not only calling myself and some other guy "disagreeable, frequently unpleasant and rude" AND discuss whether we have the same IP address?? This is a man who comes from G&T who, if I listed the comments he has written about Norman Lovett and Series 8 in the past I would get banned?? What an utter farce!

7. Pecospete666

Pecospete666 Catering Officer

Release The Hounds!

8. ori-STUDFARM

But, on the flip side of the coin that is Seb's previous posting, at least people will stop claiming you and Simulant37 are both the same person :-)

(You'll forgive my lack sympathy at your outrage...but I really couldn't give two hoots! In fact, it makes me smile to see you riled at what is essentially an opinion. Albeit, an opinion from the site administrator)

9. Ant E

I'm not trying to start anything it's just so rude to label me a troll because you don't agree with my opinion!! Considering the posts certain fan sites have written in the past mine are nothing!

10. Ant E

it might be an opinion but it's utter hypocrisy (in the same way you are claiming to enjoy seeing me "riled" that would make YOU a troll!!) zzzzzzz

11. ori-STUDFARM

If I had deliberately instigated for you to become riled, it may be fair to call me a troll. But I did not. I'm just happy to see someone who enjoys getting other peoples backs up getting their own back up. It just makes me all happy inside... I can't help how I feel :-)

12. Ant E

ahh so you're just too childish/cowardly to add anything to a conversation? "nice"!!

13. ori-STUDFARM

If you like. Looking above, I think I managed to express my views on the subject.

14. Ant E

Nope I see no post making any reference to what I said other than you pointing out I'm a different person to the other guy!

15. ori-STUDFARM

Okay....lets just say that on the subject of BtE, I'm a fan of.

And on the subject of whether you have been undeservedly labeled as "disagreeable, frequently unpleasant and rude", I think it is deservered for the most part. Not always mind....that is what's so irritating. Both yourself and Simulant37 have a way of winding me up at times, and then genuinely cheering me up at others!

And now, tis late. So I'm off to bed whilst I am still "cheered up" by your posting on that other thread! Night. :-D

16. Pecospete666

Pecospete666 Catering Officer

FYI

You can have 2 IPs on the same device! For Example IPad with 3G you have one IP address for Wi-Fi and a diffrent one on 3G, ATT or Verizon and its simple to switch between them. I do it all the time went we have thunders storms an my satellite wi-fi goes out I switch to the 3g that has a totally different IP address.

17. Ant E

Hmmm how about I make it even easier and admit... I AM NOT HIM!! Straight forward enough? He has totally different views to me because I happen to like RD!!!

On a separate note, my own, his and anyone else's PRIVATE IP address/accounts should not be discussed in public by anyone whether they are admin or otherwise! It is ridiculous that it was even mentioned! Perhaps the moderator can explain why this was even brought up? Maybe all the moaners should double check the description of this forum one says "discussion" the other says "ranting"! Or do the minority have to agree with the majority (again!!:-(?:

18. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Thank you. A lone voice of reason on the RD forum.

Did you not read Seb's post?!? STOP THESE ACCUSATIONS!!! :x

Ant E likes this.
  19. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Wait, so I write a post in which I (a) give a reason why people should stop accusing you of sock-puppetry and (b) defend your right to post here, and THIS is the response I get?

Blimey.

20. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

Just treated myself to the Blu-ray of BTE but cannot access the Easter Egg as described elsewhere on this site. Is this for the DVD only or am I doing it wrong? :?:

I like BTE; it's Dwarf Jim but not as we know it :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.