Backup computer

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jaybo1973, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

Hi guys

I know that queeg was one of holys pracical jokes; jape of the decade :-) would there be a real backup computer though. If holy is out of action in the new shows, should a backup computer kick in?

2. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

No they too Holly out for BtE because they cannot afford Norman so they only have him offline for now for if they make a new series they can bring him back when they have the budget (I believe that's what's happening)

3. Wandering_Ranger

Wandering_Ranger Third Technician

welll at the moment if they do do a new series its doubtful Holly will be played by Norman as Norman has said he can "no longer work with these people" such a shame.

4. currymonster

currymonster First Technician

any idea why he said that?

5. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

He said that? oh no, I remember now he said because he's not going to be in BtE he doesn't want to come at all (I think again)

6. jaybo1973

Thats a real shame. I played the better holly and I would love to see him in the shows :-(

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

This was Norman's Myspace statement:

8. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

thats a shame, but i do feel he's almost over reacting. The budget probably is low, and they want to make the most of it for the show to make a good impression. Oh well, if thats how he feels guess we can't exactly change his mind. I'l miss him though.

9. jaybo1973

If they can't afford to pay him, why didn't they get a cheaper actress for the new hologram bird. I bet she doesn't come cheap. If they had of got an unknown to play her, maybe they could of had Norman too?

10. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

Exactly, not to mention she looks to feature maybe once. Oh well, I'l never understand showbiz.

11. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

To be fair, I've seen her in a few things, but so far they've mostly been small roles. And I have a feeling she'll be contributing more to the plot than Holly will.

12. jaybo1973

This would be a great idea :-)

13. stevenrankin

stevenrankin Third Technician

sadly for norman to come back their a lot of costs not just paying him. Theres a second red cam to have. a second unit. a HD screen to put him on. as it's set on earth it would be diffucult to take the screen on location. Theres a lot of costs not just paying Norman.