Backwards

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by OurJud, Mar 11, 2009.

1. magnusgreel

magnusgreel First Technician

What a very dainty backwards suggestion!

And that Terrorform scene is very enjoyable up to a certain point.

2. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

I need you to explain that so I know whether or not to be offended. As it stands, I'm afraid I don't have the vaguest idea what point you're trying to make.

3. CrazyFanNumber8725

CrazyFanNumber8725 First Technician

sorry, I can't explain anything.

I don't remember what I was thinking when I wrote that.

In fact, I don't remember writing it.

Hmm...

...who are you again?

4. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

I wish I was as clever as you, Corwyn. To have the ability to insult someone in a way that their megre brains can't possibly comprehend, and then when challenged, to be even more vague... Will you teach me how one day?

5. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

I sometimes wonder whether the people who complain about Backwards came out of King Kong thinking "Rubbish - Apes can't grow that big..."

6. CrazyFanNumber8725

CrazyFanNumber8725 First Technician

All right, Mr. Casper. I'll teach you, grass-hoppah!

Corwynize yourself in three easy steps!

1) Make jokes on RD forum, avoiding posting anything totally serious at all costs.

2) Wait for someone to take a joke seriously... I'm still waiting for someone to believe me when I say I have an "H" tattooed on my forehead.

3) When someone takes it serious, rather than defending yourself, counter with another joke -- preferably at your own expense. If I can't think of something actually funny, I blame everything on the fact that I was born with the wrong... country. This way I can do what I came here for -- try to make people laugh and get a laugh myself -- without getting side-tracked by on-line arguments.

(Although, honestly, I'm considering adding a laugh-track to my posts. I think if I take a cue from a certian american comedian I used to admire, I can simply add "[LAUGHTER]" and "[APPLAUSE!]" indicators to my posts. This may remove the need for #2 and #3.)

The only person I actually insulted on this forum (as opposed to anyone who felt insulted) was magnus greel, and that was because I had the misfortune to have founded the Hologramatic Wrestling Federation: Women's Division.

I thought it was a good idea at the time to liven things up! But it livened it up TOO much and I wanted to stop it before I got in trouble for breaking the PG rating.
    (I, for one, really like the way RD people -- what with the smegs and all -- and I like having a place to go to where people talk that way in real life!)

That, and I knew Mr Greel had a sense of humor from his other posts, as proven by:

7. komodosp

komodosp Skutter

Simple! Because they've seen the Reverse brothers before! I mean after ! I mean... erm...

8. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Me too, to some extent. Concerning Lister's appendix, even the writers had fun with it in the book.

SPOILER:[ They gave him two! Heh. Basically it's weird mutation like having a third nipple. ]

9. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

I think you'll find he takes a dump... or more to the point one crawls up his rectum :-D

10. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I think that was his catty nature showing through. I think there was a suggestion in one early episode that he used the lockers on the ship in a similar way. I seem to remember a "He won't find that one." comment, but I forget which episode (or I might be getting mixed up with the books.)

11. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Blaze Falconburger would wipe the floor with the lot of them, frankly.

12. yowalga

yowalga Skutter

Don't know what the point of the discussion is. It simply is the BEST Red Dwarf episode. Not only was it the first one I saw when I stumbled upon it, it still cracks up every time I watch it. And my sons now know about the economy of Bulgaria. It is amazing what history they have learnt through watching many episodes. Such as the fact that Alexander the Great had a chief eunuch. :P

13. thecogre

thecogre First Technician

hm, to continue in that vein, my daughter knows hitler was a nutter and only had one testicle, only in an alt. universe would one find a really good drummer named ringo and so on.