BBC Downloader and RD XI

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by bedfordfalls, Oct 9, 2016.

1. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I bought the season pass on the BBC store and while it streams okay, I have yet to be able to actually download any of the episodes because the BBC downloader just doesn't seem to work.

It spends an absolute age on a screen with a picture of Benedict Cumberbatch saying something about "UI authentication"

Occasionally, after what feels like several ice ages, it gets to a login page with a picture of the new Dr Who on it then then brings up a bunch of script errors and ceases to work.

Has anyone else had these issues? What are my chances of getting a refund since I seemingly can't do the very thing I wanted to do in the first place: download the episodes to keep?

2. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

You're back!!!!

3. magnetiser

magnetiser Third Technician

The BBC recently updated their sign-in system, which temporarily knocked out the Store's downloader apps. While it's now resolved on other platforms, the Windows 10 version is yet to be fixed (https://help.store.bbc.com/s/).

BBC Store has 'Live Chat' support (https://help.store.bbc.com/s/contactsupport). They might be able to give more detail / offer refunds etc?

4. bedfordfalls

I'm still on Windows 7 so I doubt it is that but thanks anyway.

5. bedfordfalls

I downloaded the downloader again on my work computer and it seems to work okay on that....but, now can anyone tell me why 'Officer Rimmer' has been temporarily taken down? Are they planning to graft on an ending?