best series

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by mrsmith, Apr 7, 2009.

1. matty9896

matty9896 Third Technician

While all RD series are awesome... Series VIII, for me is defo below par... and Series I was where it all began!!! (Quote - I didnt know how to do it properly)

I actually thought Series VIII was excellent, reverting back to a sitcom rather than the 'action/drama comedy' feel that started in Series IV (althogh Series VI was an improvement), and VIII also turned Red Dwarf in a brand new direction which I though was done superbly - it's like Series I & II with a bigger budget. That was also where Series I failed for me. I have no problem with low-budget programmes, but the first series was beyond low.

P.S. I hate Series V!!!

2. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

I really start to appreciate series 1 now days, I never noticed how good actually it was

3. Rageofangels

Rageofangels First Technician

I'd say series 2, as it had some really great memories in it for me. Kryten was a superb episode, which had laughs all the way through, and Queeg was inspired, I remember being in fits of laughter when Holly appeared at the end saying "April May June and July Fools" etc.

As for a complete ratings list, I find that a bit difficult, 'cause I keep changing which ones I like more than others, but at present it would be.......

1 - Series 2
    2 - Series 1, 4, 5, 6
    6 - Series 3 (it's good, but when it first came on I was disappointed in how the feel of the show had changed)
    7 - Series 7 (One brilliant episode, as long as you excuse the plot holes - Tikka To Ride. Two good episodes, Blue and Duct Soup. The rest were rather below par)
    8 - Series 8 (Nice to be back in RD, but bringing the old crew back just seemed to take away the reason the show worked in the first place)
    9 - Series 9!!! (BTE!!! It's good, just not as good as what has gone before...... although it is on the same level as Series 8)

RAGE